Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Portuguese journaliist named Sepulveda on Sky Sports already saying we can make a massive profit on him in the next transfer window!

******!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sporting lisbon fans are talking horribly about us on their forum. A lot of hatred towards us and dismissing us as a minnow.
Always preferred Porto anyway!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd absolutely love to see the sweetest interplay between him and Neves on sat, a 30 yard pass from Neves deep in our half, perfectly controlled by nunes, Tottenham's midfield 2 being disposed of in the process, nunes drops his shoulder and unleashes a godly 35 yard strike into the top right. We all go ****ing mental .

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far from his biggest fan! But fair play to Lage helping get this over the line. Time to see that exciting football we were promised initially and teased with a year ago

and if we don't, he can replace Sellars on the recruitment team ;)

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sick of hearing wolves buy players as investments to cash in on.

We haven’t with Neves for 5 years, Jimenez and Traore at the peak of their value. There’s literally no evidence of this at all.

With the exception of Jota, we haven’t let anyone go who we didn’t replace with better, and even he was questionable at the time with Neto and Podence.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Always preferred Porto anyway!
I can remember when Cov were keen on Sir Bull (and Taylor wasn't adverse to the move) and giving the Sky Blues all kinds of nonsense. Only natural really.

That Chelsea nob (Jacobs?) was making snide comments on TS y'day about Portugal Wolves. And yes Jacobs, we can all remember when Chelsea were rubbish. Doug Rougvie anyone? COYW or COYPW ;)

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the introduction on the official website which I think was done very well. This is a really exciting signing. If we can just get in a decent striker I feel top 6 is possible.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely stuff, hope we keep grabbing their best players.

This is an incredible signing for Wolves, not just given Nunes profile but also his style of play is going to transform us. Missed having a ball carrying midfielder for years.
He’ll be our new brilliant Peter Broadbent or brilliant Peter Knowles.

Showing my age now.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Sick of hearing wolves buy players as investments to cash in on.

We haven’t with Neves for 5 years, Jimenez and Traore at the peak of their value. There’s literally no evidence of this at all.

With the exception of Jota, we haven’t let anyone go who we didn’t replace with better, and even he was questionable at the time with Neto and Podence.
Spot on mate.

We’ve never actively looked to move anyone on for profit, ever. Only player is as you say was Jota and he wanted the move.

Fosun’s intentions are to move the football club forward and for it to better itself. That is clear for anyone to see. You don’t do that by selling your most valuable players and having to restart the project.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This signing is massive. It now sends a message to the footballing world and the media that surround it...... That Wolves are not a tin pot hangers on type of club. Nunes will provide a massive advert to other top players that Wolves are a decent top level progressive club that are good to be associated with and play for. The fact he allegedly turned down West Ham says a lot.
I along with most on here was sweating about this season and the lack of signings. I was very critical of the club.
Far more confident about the season now. Let's hope we keep all our top level players.

Oh and a message to Shi..... Get a striker in and I might even start referring to you as Jeff !

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on mate.

We’ve never actively looked to move anyone on for profit, ever. Only player is as you say was Jota and he wanted the move.

Fosun’s intentions are to move the football club forward and for it to better itself. That is clear for anyone to see. You don’t do that by selling your most valuable players and having to restart the project.

I think part of the reason is that they have a long-term view. They know that (as long as the contracts don't get run down) several of the players values have increased, but they don't feel the need to realise that value immediately.

So they can be delighted that Neves and Neto are now worth £50m+ each, but they don't need to cash in, because they know they can either do that in the future, receive the benefit of it if they sell the club, or when the time is right sell and reinvest in other players who's value will increase.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So this Nunes guy.

Is he the next Jens Dowe or what?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit more detail on the deal, fee, bonus (incl 10% sell on fee) and agents share.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Reading the Sporting fans site I couldn't help but notice this, which I found interesting.

Very rare (if ever) for English teams to quote such detail.

I don't think I will be doing much work today!

Out of darkness cometh such light that I am blinded! (either that I I have been celebrating too much).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement:

SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL – FUTEBOL, SAD (hereinafter Sporting SAD or Sociedade) informs,

under the terms and for the purposes of complying with the information obligation arising from the provisions of article

17 of Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 16 April, the following:

1. Sporting SAD reached agreement with WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FOOTBALL CLUB (1986)
LIMITED (hereinafter WOLVERHAMPTON) for the definitive transfer of the sporting rights

of the player Matheus Luiz Nunes, guaranteeing the Company the right to receive the corresponding amount

10% of the future transfer capital gain;

1. In return for the transfer, Sporting SAD will receive a fixed amount of €45,000,000 (forty
and five million euros), plus a maximum variable amount of up to €5,000,000 (five million

euros), due to objectives related to the participation of the football team of the

WOLVERHAMPTON in the Champions League and with the Player's participation in games;

3**. The charges for intermediation services related to the aforementioned transfer amount to**

€4,454,667.00 (four million, four hundred and fifty-four thousand, six hundred and sixty-seven

euros), plus a maximum variable amount of up to €494,963.00 (four hundred and ninety-four

thousand, nine hundred and sixty-three euros);

1. The value of the Solidarity Mechanism due to third party clubs will be supported by Sporting SAD and
by WOLVERHAMPTON, in equal parts.

Lisbon, August 18, 2022.

The Market Relations Representative

Back
Top Bottom