Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's funny how the press told us Neves had to go and then Wolves would try and sign Palhihna and Nunes and we now sit here with Neves & Nunes as our starting midfield

Monswolf

Reaction score
This is the guy who is going to make all the difference for the like of Neto and Guedes. He will be the one making the half breaks in midfield meaning they can receive the ball that little bit higher up the pitch so that when they use their pace it will be in the final third of the pitch and not to try to escape the midfield area this imo will be huge to the way we are able to play going forwards

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know you've got problems when Harry Maguire for £50m is judged to be amongst the best on the list
I can’t see how Maguire isn’t red when he cost EIGHTY MILLION!!!

If he had cost what he was actually worth which is like 45-55million, I don’t think he would be getting most of the flak and spotlight he does as the worlds most expensive centre back.

He would be getting criticised and rightly so as he has had some horror shows, but that few means taking him out the firing line isn’t an option to take the pressure off.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I won’t watch the obligatory you tube videos till I’ve seen the player formally signed and in a Wolves shirt. Anyone else have pre-signing superstitions?
Yer im with you on that. I won't even comment till i see him holding the shirt.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Very true. Anyone that came in those days could easily have joined another club at any time up until the contract was signed. You certainly don't get that impression now
No, Mendes obviously told him to tell Moyes where to go 2 weeks ago. How Jeff must have been chuckling at the Mix meltdown!

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a signing! We’ve needed someone of this quality in our various formations ever since we were promoted to the premier league. The box to box midfielder.
Apparently we tried to lure Kessie a few seasons back. We’ve tried with Dendoncker and Vitinha to fill this need. With Moutinho in perhaps his last season or not playing as many 90 minutes this is the ideal time to bring in Nunes. I genuinely think he has every chance of being a superstar like Kevin de Bruyne.
Remember that he’s arrived at professional football quite late (age 18?) from working at his mum’s shop in Rio de Janeiro. This has been a meteoric rise and maybe he has a lot further to go?

Also the exciting thing is that he was willing to come to Wolves on the back of a less than stellar couple of mixed seasons of mid-table PL. I think back to the failed attempt to land Ruben Dias and Cancelo where we were reportedly unable to persuade the players despite potentially being able to reach agreement with the club. This is really the first next level signing we’ve made given his age and the talent that all the big clubs can see is there.
Very excited for him to be joining today!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a signing! We’ve needed someone of this quality in our various formations ever since we were promoted to the premier league. The box to box midfielder.
Apparently we tried to lure Kessie a few seasons back. We’ve tried with Dendoncker and Vitinha to fill this need. With Moutinho in perhaps his last season or not playing as many 90 minutes this is the ideal time to bring in Nunes. I genuinely think he has every chance of being a superstar like Kevin de Bruyne.
Remember that he’s arrived at professional football quite late (age 18?) from working at his mum’s shop in Rio de Janeiro. This has been a meteoric rise and maybe he has a lot further to go?

Also the exciting thing is that he was willing to come to Wolves on the back of a less than stellar couple of mixed seasons of mid-table PL. I think back to the failed attempt to land Ruben Dias and Cancelo where we were reportedly unable to persuade the players despite potentially being able to reach agreement with the club. This is really the first next level signing we’ve made given his age and the talent that all the big clubs can see is there.
Very excited for him to be joining today!
This does feel like a Geoff Thomas-style signing (obviously on a bigger scale) - player whose modus operandi we've been crying out for - carries the ball from deep and penetrates the opposition, wanted by bigger clubs and whose arrival gives the players and the club as a whole a massive lift.

Let's hope he has the impact Geoff did and with no Lee Howey around let's hope he gives us better mileage

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just watched some of his highlights. I know it’s YouTube, but WOW, what a player! He beats players with ease.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s going to be ideal for us. It might take him a few games to get used to the pressing and aggression of other teams but looks well equipped to adapt very quickly.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many games before SKY come out with "far too good for Wolves, needs to be playing for a bigger club" ****e?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
How many games before SKY come out with "far too good for Wolves, needs to be playing for a bigger club" ****e?
Saturday probably I can see Merson scratching his head and wondering why he didn’t wait for a better club.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am saying when he skins his first sky 6 teams player will be:

“Well wolves did very well to get him when you look at the interest from the larger clubs in the division”

Followed by after 2/3 sky 6 games where he plays well:

“He won’t be at wolves long with these performances as the bigger clubs will have taken notice of him now”

It is the new max kilman bingo for the season!!!

Back
Top Bottom