Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

loppers86

Reaction score
Coventry will be a tough game with no forwards. They are in better form than what we played v west Brom, and we could have easily lost that without Neto. To go into the game with no recognised goalscorers..well I wouldn't be as confident as alot of you are.
they were rubbish when they lost to west brom a couple of weeks ago!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get him on the bench if fit, Last 30 mins get some minutes in his legs at match pace rather the 3 weeks of training then letting him go full pelt against villa and pulling up.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Cunha's personal Instagram ."Guess who is back..." with a party emoji (bottom of photo). Few other photos of him in training too.

View attachment 41168
He's going to be in the squad just hope we don't start him for the risk factor. He's not picked for brazil so he's got two weeks more fitness before Villa

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He's going to be in the squad just hope we don't start him for the risk factor. He's not picked for brazil so he's got two weeks more fitness before Villa
I noticed he wasn't in the Brazil squad. Is that definitely not picked rather than we said he wouldn't be fit? Any potential issues there?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed he wasn't in the Brazil squad. Is that definitely not picked rather than we said he wouldn't be fit? Any potential issues there?
They didn't think he'd be fit so didn't play him, Gary said there was always a chance but Brazil manager was very much if he won't have been playing in the run in he's not getting picked

So no issues

Pete

Groupie
Reaction score
so potentially plays 30 minutes gets picked for Brazil and gets injured again. Or am I being glass half broken? :rolleyes:

Hope we don't need him, if we do hope he doesn't get injured.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so potentially plays 30 minutes gets picked for Brazil and gets injured again. Or am I being glass half broken? :rolleyes:

I think that's glass broken, dropped on floor and some shards in your foot! ;)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nah he won’t play for Brazil, the squad is already picked.

International break coming at a great time for us.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed we eased Neto in there should be no need to risk

Play Bueno at lb and ran as lw
No need to play H Bueno to push Rayan forward....shuffle over like we do in game anyway Semedo Santi kilman Toti as a 4.....4,2,3,1....Rayan Lemina Fraser Sarabia as the forwards ... Doherty would get picked over H Bueno anyway...

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be in the squad no doubt,if only to keep Coventry guessing
I hope we dont need him but fear we probably will in the second half at some point

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless I've missed different images/footage, pretty obvious that he's doing ball work on the grass alone. Doesn't seem like he's trained yet, so he won't be playing.

Perhaps a bench spot just for a boost, given it will be otherwise full of children with barely one appearance between them.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see the point in risking him if he’s not fully fit.
Though it’s always struck me that if there is a question mark over a player’s fitness but you want to use them anyway, wouldn’t it be better to start them then sub them if they have the slightest problem, rather than bring them on with 15 mins to go when if they feel a problem after 10 mins they might need to stay on?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He won't make the same mistake he did with Neto at the weekend, fingers crossed anyway

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see the point in risking him if he’s not fully fit.
Though it’s always struck me that if there is a question mark over a player’s fitness but you want to use them anyway, wouldn’t it be better to start them then sub them if they have the slightest problem, rather than bring them on with 15 mins to go when if they feel a problem after 10 mins they might need to stay on?
Agree to a degree, if they start they get a full warmup, if they come on late in match after sitting on bench for 50 60 mins with less of a warm up that’s not ideal with a hamstring that might not be 100%. Important if he does come on later, important it’s properly planned and he gets as full a warm up as possible

Rowzed

Reaction score
They didn't think he'd be fit so didn't play him, Gary said there was always a chance but Brazil manager was very much if he won't have been playing in the run in he's not getting picked

So no issues
The only issue is that many of the Brazilian squad are playing at the weekend, so injuries may mean additional call ups
However, the games are friendlies and clubs and players have a lot more leeway in these circumstances as the international coaches are often looking to experiment too.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree to a degree, if they start they get a full warmup, if they come on late in match after sitting on bench for 50 60 mins with less of a warm up that’s not ideal with a hamstring that might not be 100%. Important if he does come on later, important it’s properly planned and he gets as full a warm up as possible
Absolutely.
That’s not “agreeing to disagree” it’s just “agreeing”!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely.
That’s not “agreeing to disagree” it’s just “agreeing”!
If he plays at all I think I'd still bring him on as a sub rather than start him, as long as he gets a proper warm up

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he plays at all I think I'd still bring him on as a sub rather than start him, as long as he gets a proper warm up
Ah, ok.
You did kinda make the point that starting more likely gives a better warm up….

Anyway it will be the conventional thing of bringing him on for last 10 if needed (if he’s even fit enough for that).
A plus side to this is he’d potentially be a penalty taker, if it comes to that….

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha should be nowhere near the game at the weekend. He cannot be 100%, we really shouldn't play him.
Got an awful feeling that Coventry are going to play out of their skins and we'll get an early setback or two - perhaps a red card as well as conceding. I'd rather Cunha be fully fit for the semi final, even if his absence contributes to us not making the semi final (as paradoxical as that is).

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Got an awful feeling that Coventry are going to play out of their skins and we'll get an early setback or two - perhaps a red card as well as conceding. I'd rather Cunha be fully fit for the semi final, even if his absence contributes to us not making the semi final (as paradoxical as that is).
I love your constant positivity.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No way I would use him for more than 5 minutes at the end of extra time so he can take a penalty if it comes to that.

Even at the end of normal time....cannot risk him having to play extra time.

If he's been training, then I think you can probably risk him jogging around for a few minutes and then taking a penalty in a shootout.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mantain this if he doesnt win POTS then my head will fall off.
As good as Dawson and Lemina have been he is by far on and off the pitch our best asset, our most creative player, our biggest threat and has taken to the second season in the prem superably well. Does a selfless job for the benefit of the team and doesnt go for the glory all the time.
Plus...Hawthornes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this Cunha loving is sweet of us fans. Nice bloke don’t get me wrong. First big offer that comes in for him. He will want to leave. We are a stepping stone remember

Reactions: Ian

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this Cunha loving is sweet of us fans. Nice bloke don’t get me wrong. First big offer that comes in for him. He will want to leave. We are a stepping stone remember
Thats just Saturday talking.

Best case scenario: Oneil rallies the troops for a final effort over a very kind run-in. We finish between 6th and 7th.

Fosun under popular pressure allow the squad to be properly strengthened in the summer, using this season's surplus.

Neto stays as there are no obvious suitors because of his repeated injuries. The medical staff develop a proper programme for his
hamstrings, and he comes back in top form.

Oneil convinces the players to give it a real go next season with Europe as the aim, with a full squad, and the best players staying.

Then I woke up.

Back
Top Bottom