Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the point in this? You don't really care about the discussion.

Martial is a senior player in their squad. Amad Diallo is not comparable to Enso, Lemina or Fraser, the latter of which who have played 15 minutes in Serie B and 45 minutes in the PL.

Amad, who cost an initial £20m, was the best player in the Championship last season.

So, they are not comparable. All of this just so you can say Man United have five senior forwards on their books, which would make them the joint lowest as us. Great.
Who's had more appearances in the Premier League this season, Amad or Fraser.

When does Martial play for United, and when would Noha/Enso play for Wolves (hint, it's start injury and ends with crisis).

The point is that you're kinda chatting absolute balls and it's quite funny watching you turn and twist in knots to get what you want to be true.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this horrible gut feeling we'll be playing some games this season without all 3 of Cunha, Neto and Hwang.
but if that happens that’s just pure bad luck. What are we expected to do, have 6 players of similar quality vying for 3 spots. If the main three stayed fit the other 3 would become restless. Outside of those three main starters we have Sarabia, Fraser and Bellegarde that can operate in the forward positions. We have enough in the current squad to cover a disaster and maintain staying around the mid table area, which is exactly where we’re set up for currently. A huge overhaul would be required to have a group including backup players for each position of real quality and that would also need to be reflected on our standing within the league. It’s a slow building process to achieve that through gradual success from a successful management team, as it improves additions can be added. We’re on the right track given the evidence we’re seeing but currently have about the right expected numbers of quality as options for players being out for various reasons imo.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's had more appearances in the Premier League this season, Amad or Fraser.

When does Martial play for United, and when would Noha/Enso play for Wolves (hint, it's start injury and ends with crisis).

The point is that you're kinda chatting absolute balls and it's quite funny watching you turn and twist in knots to get what you want to be true.
Again, what's the point? Amad Diallo has played 70 times in senior men's football, cost £20m and has played four times for his country.

Yet you say he's the same as Nathan Fraser.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I did include Sarabia and Bellegarde.

Try reading first please.

Also, I didn't compare us to Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea. The Weave brought them three clubs up.

Again, try reading first please.
But not Fraser who is not senior enough for your strict definition even though GON thinks he's preferable to Sasa and Fabio. So we have six. You're just making up your own senior striker positions up for other clubs but ruling out players for us who could play there.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But not Fraser who is not senior enough for your strict definition even though GON thinks he's preferable to Sasa and Fabio. So we have six. You're just making up your own senior striker positions up for other clubs but ruling out players for us who could play there.
O'Neil didn't prefer him to Sasa or Silva, which is why they both played ahead of him when all three were at the club.

I do not count an 18-year-old who has played 55 minutes or whatever it is as a senior striker, no. Pretty self-explanatory as to why I would have thought.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
O'Neil didn't prefer him to Sasa or Silva, which is why they both played ahead of him when all three were at the club.

I do not count an 18-year-old who has played 55 minutes or whatever it is as a senior striker, no. Pretty self-explanatory as to why I would have thought.
And why are you including Premier League superpowers and super spenders Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal on your little list to try to prove your point? You can't even start to compare our squad with those teams and the money and resources they have after years and years of Champions League and European football. It's so disingenuous.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, what's the point? Amad Diallo has played 70 times in senior men's football, cost £20m and has played four times for his country.

Yet you say he's the same as Nathan Fraser.
Right, now again, how many of them have been for Manchester United, you know, the club you've listed him as being the SENIOR OPTION for them.

The comparision to Fraser is simply because in terms of top flight seniority, Fraser has appeared in 5 games for Wolves in the past 7 months, Amad has appeared once, in three seasons.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And why are you including Premier League superpowers and super spenders Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal on your little list to try to prove your point? You can't even start to compare our squad with those teams and the money they and resources they have after years and years of Champions League and European football. It's so disingenuous.

As I said, it would be great if you could read before having a go at me.

The Weave included those teams on his 'little list' when trying to name clubs that had less depth than us.

I presume by your tone that you agree with me. They quite clearly have more depth, as you would expect for clubs with their resources, which you rightly point out.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
watching him yesterday and before anyone starts having a pop I realise it’s a meaningless friendly. But, the chances he had against a makeshift Celtic defence make me wonder whether we’ve wasted yet another serious wedge of cash on a forward who ain’t going to score than 5 goals this season. On the plus side Silva looked really good.
I remember when posters were calling him a dud

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Weave included those teams on his 'little list' when trying to name clubs that had less depth than us.

I presume by your tone that you agree with me. They quite clearly have more depth, as you would expect for clubs with their resources, which you rightly point out.
Because it shows that despite significant resources above our own, the bigger clubs depth isn't actually that far or even better than our own.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

I think our squad depth is fine considering the current financial environment in the Premier League, our league position and points total, and the resources we have. We are scoring loads of goals this season in comparison to other seasons. Our forward options have worked fantastically for us, even with our top scorer away in the Asian Cup for four games, and good news, he's back and probably will be ready to play next week. One of our best players has had a bad injury and it sucks, just like any other team losing a star player would suck for them. Just don't see the need for this total overreaction in which you tie yourself up in knots to try to prove what a crap organisation we have.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bugger, we need bellegarde to come good so let’s get behind him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our squad depth is fine considering the current financial environment in the Premier League, our league position and points total, and the resources we have. We are scoring loads of goals this season in comparison to other seasons. Our forward options have worked fantastically for us, even with our top scorer away in the Asian Cup for four games, and good news, he's back and probably will be ready to play next week. One of our best players has had a bad injury and it sucks, just like any other team losing a star player would suck for them. Just don't see the need for this total overreaction in which you tie yourself up in knots to prove what a crap organisation we have.

With respect, that post is completely irrelevant to me stating that we have the lowest number of forward options in the league.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
With respect, that post is completely irrelevant to me stating that we have the lowest number of forward options in the league.
Yes, it's irrelevant to you, because I disagree with you and have told you why earlier. I admit it, you've worn me down. Please switch the light off when you're done.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, it's irrelevant to you, because I disagree with you and have told you why earlier. I admit it, you've worn me down. Please switch the light off when you're done.
It's not. I didn't ask for your opinion on our forward situation. I'm glad you're happy with the situation, I really am.

However, as I said, I was stating that we have the lowest number of senior forward options in the league. You tried to argue Fraser was a senior striker, but the last message was not related to the point.

Love the last bit. You lay into me, you fail to read the messages, but I've worn you down :D

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's not. I didn't ask for your opinion on our forward situation. I'm glad you're happy with the situation, I really am.

However, as I said, I was stating that we have the lowest number of senior forward options in the league. You tried to argue Fraser was a senior striker, but the last message was not related to the point.

Love the last bit. You lay into me, you fail to read the messages, but I've worn you down :D
The Office Love GIF

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Chelsea had Sterling, Nkunku and Mudryk on the bench last game ffs.

Arsenal have Jesus, Havertz and Nketiah.

Everton have DCL, Beto and Chermiti.

West Ham have Ings, Antonio, Bowen, Kudus.

Palace have Olise and Eze out yet still had Edouard on the bench. Mateta started.

Fulham have Broja, Jimenez and Muniz.
You’re seriously listing Beto and Chermiti for Everton to support your point? Suggest you check the Everton forum for their views on them, mind you pretty much none of them rate DCL either

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re seriously listing Beto and Chermiti for Everton to support your point? Suggest you check the Everton forum for their views on them, mind you pretty much none of them rate DCL either
I didn't discuss the ability of any of the players mentioned. I was highlighting numbers.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read through bits of this and whilst this is bad news for our European aspirations (that's a joke by the way!) everyone seems to be forgetting Hwang should be back now. Sarabia, Hwang and Neto is not so shabby. Problem is we have no real cover for any of them.
They need to get something out of bellegarde and find a position when he can flourish in the team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to get something out of bellegarde and find a position when he can flourish in the team.
Personally I don't think he's a Prem player and he's certainly no forward. He'll never get a game in our mf so if he's seen as our saviour now we do have problems.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Letting Sasa and Silva go was probably essential financially, for squad unity and for their development/happiness. Did it seriously weaken the squad options - not really.

We wanted a 9, but despite the outgoing loans we couldn't afford one, we knew that, it's frustrating.

Were Sasa, Silva, or the 9 we didn't get going to fill Cunha's boots if they were here - no chance.

So the whole argument is a bit silly really.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I don't think he's a Prem player and he's certainly no forward. He'll never get a game in our mf so if he's seen as our saviour now we do have problems.
Still think it’s too early to write him off. He was class in that first half against Liverpool so there’s something there. Don’t think he’s been as bad as is being made out, just hasn’t done enough yet.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Letting Fabio and Sasa go before getting a replacement in (that we obviously wanted) was a gamble. I’m not saying we won’t cope, I’m not saying we won’t survive. I agree - it’s not ideal. But they definitely took a gamble and it’s bit us. Hopefully he’s not out for as long as reported.

Some truth in that.

We had to gamble on Fabio to go and score goals and increase his value.

Sasa less so and it's on GON as to why he couldn't find a role for him, he's a natural goalscorer.

Even a successful loan won't improve hie value much.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc is slow as molasses but after Hwang he’s the only one who knows how to run where they ain’t. Just needs to get his rickshaw to the far post by the time Pedro does some tricks and then cuts back to his left foot.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to pray that maybe Enso and Noha Lemina can come to the party and Chiwema and Fraser can have an impact. If two of these can do well and have an impact then things may not look so bleak. We really need Hwang and Neto to stay fit now though but this will be a big ask.

You are talking like we were in the running for something special?! The season was effectively done before Cunha got injured and that hasn't changed now.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't discuss the ability of any of the players mentioned. I was highlighting numbers.
in that case;

Hwang, Neto, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Fraser, Enzo, Lemina Jnr, litttle jonny from the u10s

we are fine if ability didn’t matter ;) let’s sign anyone as long as we have numbers!!!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
If the injury happened before the end of the window could we have got Podence back? Don’t know his loan terms but he is still our player. Of course no where near as good as Cunha but can get the odd goal for us.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the injury happened before the end of the window could we have got Podence back? Don’t know his loan terms but he is still our player. Of course no where near as good as Cunha but can get the odd goal for us.
Yeah, but a bit of a disruptive influence? I'd rather go with players that want to be here.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit early to judge? People were saying the same about Cunha and Hwang and they had played more games. Some players don’t settle immediately.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair too early to judge bellegarde....off course he isn't a central forward type player......he never was never will be....Cunha himself struggled with that role......could he do what Cunha has be been doing, a bit deeper and wider on the left maybe.....he maybe has the attributes for that....

Personally I would nw use Neto in the role...a bit deeper and more narrow in the left.....it's probably the role he has always played....and did so under Nuno......leaving Sarabia to play the wide right role....

Back
Top Bottom