Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admire your obvious passion for Wolves, but I have to say.... thank **** you're not in charge of decisions! Nunes is our best player. I expect both to have good seasons.
Nunes is hot and cold maybe he will have a good season but so far I’m not convinced I hope your right but I see him as lightweight not able to control the midfield in a 2 man position.

Cunha again may come good but so far little evidence to back up being the goal scorer we need

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we’ve overpaid a bit on current output, but, play him as a 10 and he will make things happen and contribute.

He needs to be in a position where he is able to run with the ball from a deeper position, it’s one of his strongest attributes. Given then chance to do so whilst linking up with Fabio will breed confidence and dare I say it, you’ll see him put more chances away like the ones against Celtic.

If Fabio is going to be justified as a good buy/investment, then he needs to be considered as Raul’s replacement, so the time for him is now.

The two need to be given a chance to form a long term partnership. If it comes off, then their fees will no longer be in question.

I have faith in both of them.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I’m looking at this simplistically but in a side that’s still painfully short of goals, I can’t understand the logic of paying £40 odd million for a striker that wasn’t in a rich vein of scoring form.
However, strikers thrive in settled partnerships and I’d like to see JL stick with a front two for a run of games.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he looks a player but needs to play as a second striker in a 2.

T

TheConcourse

I know I’m looking at this simplistically but in a side that’s still painfully short of goals, I can’t understand the logic of paying £40 odd million for a striker that wasn’t in a rich vein of scoring form.
However, strikers thrive in settled partnerships and I’d like to see JL stick with a front two for a run of games.
I think the intention was for him to bring the goals.

T

TheConcourse

We’ve continuously overpaid for players ever since we’ve signed Cutrone. So we can’t blame Fosun for not putting up the money. But the decision making, the scouting, reliance of Mendes etc etc is shafting us now.
Has there been a club on the famous Mendes carrousel that’s actually challenged on a sustained basis?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watching him yesterday and before anyone starts having a pop I realise it’s a meaningless friendly. But, the chances he had against a makeshift Celtic defence make me wonder whether we’ve wasted yet another serious wedge of cash on a forward who ain’t going to score than 5 goals this season. On the plus side Silva looked really good.
Oh joy, another scapegoat candidate emerges.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks great off a striker. Will look even better when a striker like Silva makes runs to create space

Absolute no brainer to play him in number 10, and to never play him on his own
You and l have not always agreed. On this, though, spot on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is an excellent number 10 get a decent centre forward in front of him and he will shine
Against Port him and Nunes were the outstanding players on the pitch
In summary IMO it will be money well spent
Yup

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another forward being used in the incorrect manner. Neto wasn't used properly last year. Nor was Adama. Nor was Nunes (although a different position).

He's not a number 9. Anyone can see that.

I'm hoping. that by Tuesday, Fabio is in a position to play up top and Cunha off him. That link up worked on Saturday and we looked much more threatening.

Based on the Pre-Season games I have watched so far, if we were going in to Old Trafford on Saturday, this would be my 11:

Sa

Doherty - Dawson - Kilman - RAN

Sarabia - Nunes - Lemina - Neto

Cunha

Fabio

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading through this another pretty unanimous thread - overpaid on him but has quality but not as a main striker. For me he's a bit like after-accident Jimenez, in that half the time he's picking the ball up in his own half or on the HW line then we have no one up top. I don't think he has the natural instincts for a no 9 but I do think there is a footballer there if JL can get him in to play in the right formation.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another forward being used in the incorrect manner. Neto wasn't used properly last year. Nor was Adama. Nor was Nunes (although a different position).

He's not a number 9. Anyone can see that.

I'm hoping. that by Tuesday, Fabio is in a position to play up top and Cunha off him. That link up worked on Saturday and we looked much more threatening.

Based on the Pre-Season games I have watched so far, if we were going in to Old Trafford on Saturday, this would be my 11:

Sa

Doherty - Dawson - Kilman - RAN

Sarabia - Nunes - Lemina - Neto

Cunha

Fabio

Rashford hatrick then.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We paid double what he is actually worth, he has not shown anything yet to show that he is even a striker never mind a No9.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come next May he will have fully justified his fee. An excellent player who will thrive.

R

reanswolf

We’ve continuously overpaid for players ever since we’ve signed Cutrone. So we can’t blame Fosun for not putting up the money. But the decision making, the scouting, reliance of Mendes etc etc is shafting us now.
I agree whoever is making the footballing decisions is ruining us.

Not the individual players faults tho, and some have been worth every penny don’t forget…. Neves, Moutinho, Otto, Jimenez, Jota, Douglas, Cavaleiro, Boly, Patricio, Neto, Traore, Podence, Dawson, Gomes, Toti, Sa, but then we have increasingly overpaid for players.

Fabio -worth £15-20m?
Cunha - worth £15m?
Cutrone - worth £7m?
Nunes - worth £18m?
Semedo - worth £15m?

That’s £50m overpaid (arguably) but savings on those listed higher up.

Biggest error was not buying Palhinha who is now valued at £80m, tho that doesn’t mean he’s worth that, but I would say £50m.

Grim isn’t it!

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he's got the minerals for the Prem and he's not alone .
If we'd signed him from a Championship team having scored a boat load of goals for 10 million I think we'd be questioning his worth .
I often think we sign players like Nunes Semedo and Cunha for huge amounts on what basis ? ........we don't have time for players to adapt .

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he sufferes from the same thing that Semedo does. Because they're both quick and athletic players, we think they're better than they are. Every now and again they'll have a flash of something good, but in all honesty they're bang average.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd echo everyone else in this thread. A 10 not a 9.

Overpaid but a very good player when played in a position that suits. He's probably our 4th or 5th best player when utilised properly.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree whoever is making the footballing decisions is ruining us.

Not the individual players faults tho, and some have been worth every penny don’t forget…. Neves, Moutinho, Otto, Jimenez, Jota, Douglas, Cavaleiro, Boly, Patricio, Neto, Traore, Podence, Dawson, Gomes, Toti, Sa, but then we have increasingly overpaid for players.

Fabio -worth £15-20m?
Cunha - worth £15m?
Cutrone - worth £7m?
Nunes - worth £18m?
Semedo - worth £15m?

That’s £50m overpaid (arguably) but savings on those listed higher up.

Biggest error was not buying Palhinha who is now valued at £80m, tho that doesn’t mean he’s worth that, but I would say £50m.

Grim isn’t it!
It's the Mendes way though isn't it? Right at the very start we were told we would get some players in cheaply and over pay on others...it is an interesting business model. I haven't done the maths to work out if it has ultimately been good value for us, but Jorge and his mates have certainly done alright.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and for what it's worth I think Cunha is a good player, but may struggle to justify his fee....

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watching him yesterday and before anyone starts having a pop I realise it’s a meaningless friendly. But, the chances he had against a makeshift Celtic defence make me wonder whether we’ve wasted yet another serious wedge of cash on a forward who ain’t going to score than 5 goals this season. On the plus side Silva looked really good.
He’s not a number 9 and can’t play the lone role no matter what julen thinks. It was no surprise we looked far better when Fabio came on.

Ran and doc ran things once they were on

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like him and think he gets into some really good positions, just needs a few goals and I think he could have a great season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t decided on him yet but his attitude is giving him a pass.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's the Mendes way though isn't it? Right at the very start we were told we would get some players in cheaply and over pay on others...it is an interesting business model. I haven't done the maths to work out if it has ultimately been good value for us, but Jorge and his mates have certainly done alright.
He's not even a Mendes client

Back
Top Bottom