Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match Verdict Thread

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoy immensely reading these threads and look forward to them when the Wolves have played. Whilst they will tend to be subjective,especially when given by posters who haven't actually been to the match, they do vary in their valuations:rolleyes:(I do have a liking for Tarisco's reports but they are normally made from tv viewing)
A few seasons back I lightheartedly proclaimed Mr Litmus a.k.a. Dewsbury Wolf as my point of reference but he rarely if ever gives a full report so I've sacked him,sorry Dews!!.
Who therefore is the most objective reviewer that us faraway fans can rely on for match-day appraisals?
Thinking about it it would be great to see a thread purely devoted to a report and player/manager/ref/crowd ratings without the one line "he was crap" ones infiltrating so often.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I enjoy immensely reading these threads and look forward to them when the Wolves have played. Whilst they will tend to be subjective,especially when given by posters who haven't actually been to the match, they do vary in their valuations:rolleyes:(I do have a liking for Tarisco's reports but they are normally made from tv viewing)
A few seasons back I lightheartedly proclaimed Mr Litmus a.k.a. Dewsbury Wolf as my point of reference but he rarely if ever gives a full report so I've sacked him,sorry Dews!!.
Who therefore is the most objective reviewer that us faraway fans can rely on for match-day appraisals?
Thinking about it it would be great to see a thread purely devoted to a report and player/manager/ref/crowd ratings without the one line "he was crap" ones infiltrating so often.

Listen to the online comms, watch what you can, read the reports... and then make your own mind up Hicko. You don't want to be blindly following the view of any individual.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Listen to the online comms, watch what you can, read the reports... and then make your own mind up Hicko. You don't want to be blindly following the view of any individual.

Especially ones from this board!:D

T

thaibri2

I watched every single Prem game live in Thailand, saw the Leeds game last weekend, I enjoy seeing the differences in the Merit Marks given and individuals MOTM. It doesnot always agree with me and my fellow Wolves supporters assessment. But everyone sees the game differently and I am sure are biased to the players they like.

What amazes me is that the Hennesey Haters give Ikeme 8 and the non Henners brigade give him a 6, I wonder why?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can guarantee that Doyle, Ward, Edwards will get poor scores from certain posters irrespective of how they play and any positive contribution will be ignored.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched every single Prem game live in Thailand, saw the Leeds game last weekend, I enjoy seeing the differences in the Merit Marks given and individuals MOTM. It doesnot always agree with me and my fellow Wolves supporters assessment. But everyone sees the game differently and I am sure are biased to the players they like.

What amazes me is that the Hennesey Haters give Ikeme 8 and the non Henners brigade give him a 6, I wonder why?

I'm neither. But I gave Ikeme 6 on Tuesday as 6 to me is a starting mark and you go up or down accordingly. He couldn't do anything about the goal and then had jack all to do! He's a good keeper but I feel Hennessey is better.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always astounds me how differently mixers viewe the game and individual performances. I thought KD was very poor on Tuesday apart from one run and shot (which missed the target), someone else said close to MOM and back to his best. Thats why football is at least as much about opinion as the actual game. Love it.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Fwiw Doyle did ok for me much sharper and more of a threat. Needs a goal though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This thread makes me wonder what happened to Clive of Burton? He did the best, most objective and detailed match reports I've come across from a Wolves fan. His reports painted a very similar to how I viewed games so I would always rely on him if it was a game I couldn't get to. I think he used to contribute to the old Wolves mailing list, although didn't he also start to contribute to Molineux Mix?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a tendency to seek out North West Wanderer as a reference point. I don't agree with him on the Henners v Ikeme debate but in general I suspect his opinions tend to reflect mine. I also feel he is fair in his assessment of players and no one is seen as not worth his place in the team simply because NWW believes another player is better than him. On giving Ikeme 6 for the Barnsley game, I seem to recall that regardless of what mark he got, any person who offered an assessment stated he had little to do. In such circumstances 6 is an understandable mark. I do not rely exclusively on NWW however, I will seek out other opinions/marks also even those from our lunatic fringe.

S

Skonsengwolf

This thread makes me wonder what happened to Clive of Burton? He did the best, most objective and detailed match reports I've come across from a Wolves fan. His reports painted a very similar to how I viewed games so I would always rely on him if it was a game I couldn't get to. I think he used to contribute to the old Wolves mailing list, although didn't he also start to contribute to Molineux Mix?

I also miss Clive's reports. Didn't he use to post his reports in the old E&S Molineux Mix or am I mistaken? I used to post on that a fair bit in the olden days...

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair enough boss:D

S

singwolf_1

I also miss Clive's reports. Didn't he use to post his reports in the old E&S Molineux Mix or am I mistaken? I used to post on that a fair bit in the olden days...

Clive's reports on the Wolves List were the absolute best. I recall that he announced that he was no longer going to do it - can't remember the reason.

Back
Top Bottom