Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match fixing

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An Oldham player was trying to get a yellow card against us during the first half for cash sorted through Sam sodje!!! He didn't actually get booked till second half so lost out!!! Christian Montano was the player, didn't see the game but was he flying in all over the shop???

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't explain very well due to my poorly son having me up since 4!! In today's sun Sam sodje has been exposed as a main player in the match fixing saga. A piece with it shows an Oldham player tackling Henry with the article being how he was going to get paid a substantial sum for being booked in first half against wolves. In his words " I was flying about trying to get a yellow all first half " unfortunately he didn't get booked till the second half and bet was off! Crazy!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sodje punched a player in the groin twice to get sent off to get 70k!!!!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Is the article online anywhere?

W

WasStefan

Just reading the sun. This is bad

c78f5abd5e0adfed34716c8379a03bea.jpg

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's on pages 6/7 of today's sun. I have it on my iPad but not sure if the paper is available elsewhere on the net. If so though that's that pages you'll find it Erick

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Cheers. The $$$$ers should be banned from football!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sodje played centre half v us in the play offs , scum .

W

WasStefan

Apparently an ex-Premier League player in the championship is 'on it'. But he's well know for doing it and making wild challenges/punching people. The person could not be named for legal reasons...

Last edited by a moderator:

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An Oldham player was trying to get a yellow card against us during the first half for cash sorted through Sam sodje!!! He didn't actually get booked till second half so lost out!!! Christian Montano was the player, didn't see the game but was he flying in all over the shop???

Only 21 years old....how to end a career eh.

History Wolf

Reaction score

You'd be silly assuming it doesn't go on at every level of the game in some form.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Be very careful about using this forum to fling around claims and accusations against people please.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we pick up any injuries in the game? Seems like we were pretty lucky if we didn't.

Also as they've just said on Sunday Supplement, what was the ref doing if he was hacking people down all game yet stayed on the pitch!

V

vega recollection

If this is true then I think he's just burned his career.

E

Edgmond Wolf

If someone admits to trying to hurt someone for money......they should be banned from football and sent to prison

The Oldham game did have a lot of heavy tackles that the ref just let go

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently an ex-Premier League player in the championship is 'on it'. But he's well know for doing it and making wild challenges/punching people. The person could not be named for legal reasons...

Joey Barton anyone?

Can't remember the last time a Wolves player 'punched' someone, so I'm not worried.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the way to stop this nonsense is for the bookies to stop offering odds on all these peripheral issues - cards, corners, throw ins , freekicks .and in cricket noballs , legbyes etc etc.

Its becos these things are so easy to fix that we get a problem.And stop calling it matchfixing cos it aint - that is much harder to do and I guess far less common.

W

WasStefan

Surely the way to stop this nonsense is for the bookies to stop offering odds on all these peripheral issues - cards, corners, throw ins , freekicks .and in cricket noballs , legbyes etc etc.

Its becos these things are so easy to fix that we get a problem.And stop calling it matchfixing cos it aint - that is much harder to do and I guess far less common.

Yup it's spot fixing the whole match fixing thing is a bit annoying. You'll never stop foreign illegal betting agencies accepting bets relating to those you mentioned.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Human nature never changes and with all the gambling opportunities in today's game it is almost inevitable that some players and officials will be lured into making seemingly easy money. It is most likely far more widespread. I guess lower league players are be more likely to be short of cash but large sums of money being gambled on nothing games like Wolves v Oldham are likely to attract attention. It is easier to hide a dodgy bet on a premiership game with a massive worldwide televised audience or better still a world cup game.

I often find myself thinking that some of the really bizarre decisions made by refs are probably money driven. It also wouldn't surprise me if we might not even get a situation where a player is trying to get booked and a ref is trying not to book anyone. Sort of like the Boxing Match in the Porridge sit-com where both boxers were under orders to go down first. Ultimately the power rests with the players though as a ref gets no choice if fists start swinging. Refs can influence results though with soft penalties and soft sendings off.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears that this happened in our game against Oldham.......

"Another player, Cristian Montano, for Oldham Athletic appears to explain in the video how he attempted to get booked during a match against Wolves, in return for cash.

The ex-West Ham player said: "From minute one I was hacking people down.

"People running past me and I would go clip.

"I run against one player and barged him."

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey, said: "We treat any allegations of criminal activity in our competitions with the utmost seriousness."

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears that this happened in our game against Oldham.......

"Another player, Cristian Montano, for Oldham Athletic appears to explain in the video how he attempted to get booked during a match against Wolves, in return for cash.

The ex-West Ham player said: "From minute one I was hacking people down.

"People running past me and I would go clip.

"I run against one player and barged him."

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey, said: "We treat any allegations of criminal activity in our competitions with the utmost seriousness."

See posts 1&3

E

Edgmond Wolf

Not sure why we are deleting posts two hours after they seemed OK?

If these players have done wrong then they really need harsh treatment...ie banned for life

Back
Top Bottom