Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marega

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like a very average player. Guessing we're struggling to bring in a striker who's decent but doesn't mind not playing every game or being a sub.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would far prefer Sebastien Haller of Eintracht who would be much the same price. Don't understand why we are not after him (as far as we know)
But after selling Jovic for big bucks they would be in no hurry to sell I guess. We need quality that can definitely challenge the two Js not a 'reserve". Not very inspired by the few links on strikers thus far.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would far prefer Sebastien Haller of Eintracht who would be much the same price. Don't understand why we are not after him (as far as we know)
But after selling Jovic for big bucks they would be in no hurry to sell I guess. We need quality that can definitely challenge the two Js not a 'reserve". Not very inspired by the few links on strikers thus far.

He could be perfect, especially as his has really good movement

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marega is very good in the Portuguese League because he's very strong physically and the defenders can't cope with that, I don't see him standing out the same way in England, or even standing out at all. His technique is awful, he has a first-touch to rival Lukaku's, but Lukaku is much better than Marega. You could think of Marega as a mix of Lukaku and Traoré, but not necessarily of the best parts of both.
I can imagine him being useful at Wolves, because Wolves really needs a plan B, and he'd fit that need somewhat. But he is very expensive, and I'm sure you could find players with a similar profile who are cheaper and probably younger (but I don't think age matters much).
Also, he isn't a really central player, and I think Wolves should be looking for a real targetman that stays central in attack as a reference in the box, so that Wolves can have that plan B it really needs to beat more defensive teams, and have more people in the box, which Wolves often lacks.

But then again, I have my bias, I'm also not a fan of Traoré, and people here seem to like him. I think those people would probably love Marega.
My general opinion is, if Wolves were to sign him, there's a good chance they would spend £30M for no gains in goals or assists.
Many thanks Portugal.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Currently watching him play for Mali, and as one of the players of a bigger reputations and playing at a high level, he is really failing to impress. For Mali it’s like they are playing with a trampoline up front it’s just bouncing back for them! (Watch him score a hat-trick now)

Back
Top Bottom