Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marbella

lycophilos

Reaction score
Correct. In a year or two the cycle will begin to fall, couple of players here and there will start moaning or wanting moves, Nuno will slowly lose his 100% influence. Just like Poch and Spurs. It's natural. Let's bloody enjoy it while we can.
Nuno, at least at Wolves, has shown that he is particularly great at creating team spirit.

Poch, for all his virtues, isn't particularly a team spirit manager. The very fact that he was happy to take a job, where, on his own admission, he had no say in the transfer policy, indicates that. Spurs have never struck me as being particularly infused with team spirit, although no worse than the majority of the Premier League clubs. To get team spirit, at its best, the manager/head coach must have the final say on transfers.

Yes, of course all good things tend to come to an end. But if Nuno stays, I have more faith in Wolves retaining the remarkable team mentality which characterizes the present set-up, and that is why I, not a real Wolves fan, admire and support your club.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Correct. In a year or two the cycle will begin to fall, couple of players here and there will start moaning or wanting moves, Nuno will slowly lose his 100% influence. Just like Poch and Spurs. It's natural. Let's bloody enjoy it while we can.

Even the best manager in the world starts to lose influence on a squad after 3 or four years, all things being equal. The same group of players listening to the same tactics and talks from the same man. Either the manager needs to move on, the squad needs a complete overhaul, or -like Alex Ferguson- they need to keep changing the backroom staff. I don't think the latter would work for Nuno since he's so hands-on. There will come a point when the club needs freshening up, and that's natural. But as you say, enjoy it right now.

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Bringing the subject back to football (I dislike Corbyn intensely, but Boris is a lying con-man, and I find it difficult to decide who is the bigger disaster for the country, but that's not a topic for this thread) this photo, like so many of the photos of the team together, is beautiful because, if you didn't know the Wolves set-up, you would never pick out Nuno as the head coach/manager.

As usual, he takes an insignificant position near the back.

That's a great point as I hadn't realised Nuno was in the photo, but after reading your post I went back to try and find him. You're right - you'd never pick him out as the Gaffer as he shuns the limelight & is happy to be in the background. Reminds me of his first season here when he won a Manager of the Month award and promptly gave it to some of the backroom staff!
People who excel at their job don't need to be told, they know. And really great leaders prefer to deflect the credit to others, knowing how it will lift & inspire them!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a great point as I hadn't realised Nuno was in the photo, but after reading your post I went back to try and find him. You're right - you'd never pick him out as the Gaffer as he shuns the limelight & is happy to be in the background. Reminds me of his first season here when he won a Manager of the Month award and promptly gave it to some of the backroom staff!
People who excel at their job don't need to be told, they know. And really great leaders prefer to deflect the credit to others, knowing how it will lift & inspire them!
My first boss in engineering ( over 45 years ago), in Wolverhampton told me something that's lived with me to this day. It's a maxim that I've strived to adhere to; he said, "you'll meet many bosses in your life and the very best will take less than their fair share of the credit and when things don't go so well, take more than their share of the blame."

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
My first boss in engineering ( over 45 years ago), in Wolverhampton told me something that's lived with me to this day. It's a maxim that I've strived to adhere to; he said, "you'll meet many bosses in your life and the very best will take less than their fair share of the credit and when things don't go so well, take more than their share of the blame."
I wish my last boss was like that

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then there are those usually at the top who are quite happy to walk away with a golden handshake when things go wrong.:rolleyes:

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only bad thing about warm weather training, they have to come back to this **** hole :p

D

Deleted member 10957

I disagree you can't compare the two men we don't know how Pochettino treated his players or how he motivated them. Nuno is a different man and probably does many things different
So you cant just say he will lose his influence like Pochettino that's lazy thinking maybe he will maintain his influence like Ferguson, Wenger, and others did. or how Diego Simeone is doing today.
Its having the intelligence and backing to keep strong characters around who have your back and developing new bonds with the next generation and being a symbolic respectable figure and thus far he's succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom