Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester City (H) Pre-Match Thread!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Parkrun done, Coffee down me and soon to the South Bank, for what could either be something magical by us or the best State Approved Robot in history of one Erling Haaland…

You just never quite know with these games and as we have proven against the big boys before, on our day we are able to spring the best surprise.

Enjoy the game, respect the Tribute to Her Late Majesty and back the lads!

COYW!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever we play these top teams I go into it with the same hope. I want us to be brave in possession and not just kick it long and surrender the ball. I think Nunes could make a difference this time as he is someone who can carry the ball beyond the press from deep midfield.

Newcastle got a draw against this lot by playing with a high intensity and Villa managed to get a draw by scoring a terrific goal when a chance came their way, so we have a chance.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever we play these top teams I go into it with the same hope. I want us to be brave in possession and not just kick it long and surrender the ball. I think Nunes could make a difference this time as he is someone who can carry the ball beyond the press from deep midfield.

Newcastle got a draw against this lot by playing with a high intensity and Villa managed to get a draw by scoring a terrific goal when a chance came their way, so we have a chance.
Theres always a chance but we usually miss them lol

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

And hopefully, City will be a little jiggered from the quick turn around after playing Dortmund.
We should look fresher than them.. as if lol.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you talking about? We got stuffed last season because we didn’t mark De Bruyne and Boly/Coady were an absolute disgrace. It had nothing to do with us trying to get forward and play IN THE RIGHT AREAS like I said.

Whatever we try won’t work but you can’t sit in and defend against them anymore now that they have Haaland as they WILL score.
Revisionism at its finest.

We had a winger at wing back who had no positional sense and Jonny at right cb who was the same

Add a brilliant KDB and that’s that

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Heading out now and got bloody lumbago It’s bit of a free hit for us so I’m just hoping we give a decent account of ourselves. Come on Wolves

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Gutted to not be here for this but I’ll be in the London bar in tangiers to roar the lads on , unfortunately I see us trying hard but also not being able to stop some of the worlds best ,,haaland de Bruyne are just on another planet

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had a winger at wing back who had no positional sense and Jonny at right cb who was the same

Yea, I forgot about that back 3 too.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to play Adama today imo. Sometimes you get players who do well against particular teams and Adama seems to perform against Citeh.

Not the worst idea considering our options

I wouldn't be mad if we went Neto Traore Guedes

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Youll never see Haaland have an epic game,he does one thing score goals
I think hes had fewest touches of any player in the city team,just that most of his touches end with the net bulging lol
Hes not unstoppable but hes the most clinical finisher i think ive ever seen, lets hope he has an off day and we can stop the supply

He was asked in the week what he thinks about his low amount of touches. He said his dream is to have just 5 touches in a game and score 5 goals.

The impressive thing about this is he believes he can score 5 goals in a game. Not just a mere hatrick. I believe he could score 5 too, just hopefully not today.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never get excited about watching opposition players but I strangely am to see Harland today. Got the potential to be the best player in the world, top scorer by a country mile.
If we take our chances we might get a point, it's unlikely but it is good to see your team up against the best in the world.

Just don't slag off the team or individual players when they get overloaded or we get beaten, just take it on the chin and admit they're full of ridiculous players!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now now it's never a brilliant performance by the opposition, it’s always because we were **** or badly managed or Bruno got the subs wrong.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched Harland closely in midweek, they kept him v quiet , but if you switch of for even half a second, he gets to the ball.
However, I'd say kilman and Collins have as good a chance of making him look average as anyone

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was asked in the week what he thinks about his low amount of touches. He said his dream is to have just 5 touches in a game and score 5 goals.

The impressive thing about this is he believes he can score 5 goals in a game. Not just a mere hatrick. I believe he could score 5 too, just hopefully not today.
Thats it with him its just total confidence,arrogance even,but then again to be a great you need that arrogance in spades

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Games like this, I’m just hoping to avoid an embarrassing ****ting, like 5 or 6 - nowt. It’s not that I don’t believe in our squad, it’s just that City were very good before they signed Haarland…
…imagine for one minute though, if Max has him shackled and in his pocket for the whole game. Sky Sports would probably explode!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Games like this, I’m just hoping to avoid an embarrassing ****ting, like 5 or 6 - nowt. It’s not that I don’t believe in our squad, it’s just that City were very good before they signed Haarland…
…imagine for one minute though, if Max has him shackled and in his pocket for the whole game. Sky Sports would probably explode!
...showing Gareth Southgate.. sat in the stand, shaking his head, mouthing 'what have I done picking Slabhead' for the England 26 WC squad.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seen how it goes:

"Haaland had a rare off day, he just never got going".

Everything is framed from the viewpoint of the big 6 club.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...showing Gareth Southgate.. sat in the stand, shaking his head, mouthing 'what have I done picking Slabhead' for the England 26 WC squad.
The Waistcoat would probably come out with "Slabyed would have done better". A crap, thick as a brick, manager.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the flip? How is Adama not in the squad?? If there’s one game he should be starting, it’s this one!!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s just that City were very good before they signed Haarland…
This aged well…

Back
Top Bottom