Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester City (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1663397518713.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again, after a weekend off, we’re back with a big game.

Games don’t get much tougher than this. Quality all over the pitch and squad depth. But they’re not unbeatable. We all know how it works, if City turn up and have a good day there’s not much we can do about it. If they’re not quite at it though, and we can find the gaps in their armour, then who knows. We’ve done it before!

In terms of selection, the team almost picks itself. We won our last game so the majority of players will probably keep their place. We’ll need to change the centre forward after Sasa’s injury. Costa won’t be ready, so I guess it will be Guedes or Hwang. I think the line up will be;

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman Ait-Nouri
Nunes Neves Moutinho
Neto Guedes Podence
Never been a big fan of lunchtime kick offs, I don’t think the atmosphere has enough about it, but let’s hope we can get up for it today. When Molineux is rocking it gives the players an extra 5-10%.

Finally, let’s hope the tribute to the Queen is well respected.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Midlands or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is as tough as it gets, but it's why we are in this league. We've beaten Manchester City before, and can do so again. Maybe time to unleash Adama Traore, he likes playing against City.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited anticipation, as Jade has already said if City are up for it then there wont be much we can do about that, but we do have players that can cause anyone including city a problem or two just a pity that it comes a week or so before Diego is ready to be unleashed, can we stop the goal machine ? I dont know but we are about to find out, lots of good duals around the pitch especially the city Portugeezers v Wolves Portugeezers COYW..

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For Wolves fans in Germany, the City match is Live on German Sky. KO 13:30.
17.09.2022 - Wolves v Man City.jpg

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A huge City fan, STH, will be by my side in the pub today, so I'm hoping for great things from the old gold and black.
I'd take a draw at the moment but settle for a good, promising performance. COYW.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be brave and play with the ball. We can’t afford to drop deep and defend en masse for the whole game. If our midfield can get the ball and we play in the right areas like against Spurs first half then we give ourselves then best chance of getting something. It’s a very, very slim chance though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be brave and play with the ball. We can’t afford to drop deep and defend en masse for the whole game. If our midfield can get the ball and we play in the right areas like against Spurs first half then we give ourselves then best chance of getting something. It’s a very, very slim chance though.
That is exactly what Lage tried last year and we got absolutely stuffed. Nuno wrote the book on how to get something out of Citeh. Trying to out Citeh them is only ever going to end one way and it's not pretty.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think watching someone like Haaland could be epic, absolute phenomenon as a player. Haven't seen such an effective player in a long time, has a reading of the game beyond his years.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is exactly what Lage tried last year and we got absolutely stuffed. Nuno wrote the book on how to get something out of Citeh. Trying to out Citeh them is only ever going to end one way and it's not pretty.
What are you talking about? We got stuffed last season because we didn’t mark De Bruyne and Boly/Coady were an absolute disgrace. It had nothing to do with us trying to get forward and play IN THE RIGHT AREAS like I said.

Whatever we try won’t work but you can’t sit in and defend against them anymore now that they have Haaland as they WILL score.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would much rather watch Haaland have a very rare **** game than watch him have an epic one
Youll never see Haaland have an epic game,he does one thing score goals
I think hes had fewest touches of any player in the city team,just that most of his touches end with the net bulging lol
Hes not unstoppable but hes the most clinical finisher i think ive ever seen, lets hope he has an off day and we can stop the supply

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Would love a draw here, watching villa and Southampton last night was horrendous, if they can get a point I'm optimistic we can!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love a draw here, watching villa and Southampton last night was horrendous, if they can get a point I'm optimistic we can!
I hope that you are right. The Vile were still bloody lucky on what was a rare Citeh offday though....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland is a goalscorer but it's a team game. Stop the team, stop him. It's 11 v 11. Anything can happen. I've had a cheeky tenner on a wolves win and Haaland to not score. Oh well, its only money.
Bet that the odds were decent....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listening to TalkSport preview of the weekends fixtures last night driving back. Think Bent felt it would be a close game given our defence, and went for 2-1 to Citeh. Goldstein laughed and went for 4-0 to Citeh, and then added, that’s just in the first half! He seemed convinced that Haaland would run riot, even while Bent continued to argue that our defence is the best in the league at the moment, and others had contained Citeh.

Not expecting anything other than defeat, but hoping we play well, and do better than last time when everything KdB touched worked. We’ve contained him previously, so fingers crossed that was a one off!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you talking about? We got stuffed last season because we didn’t mark De Bruyne and Boly/Coady were an absolute disgrace. It had nothing to do with us trying to get forward and play IN THE RIGHT AREAS like I said.

Whatever we try won’t work but you can’t sit in and defend against them anymore now that they have Haaland as they WILL score.
You delude yourself that it was all down to individual errors and not the system all that you want....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we are goong to win 2-0.
Hwang penalty (foul on Neto) and a late goal by Costa, assist by Adama with a quick counter attack.
Kilman MotM for keeping Hasrland quiet!
Dreaming is for free!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to play Adama today imo. Sometimes you get players who do well against particular teams and Adama seems to perform against Citeh.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang penalty (foul on Neto) and a late goal by Costa, assist by Adama with a quick counter attack.
Dreaming is for free!
I think neves might be on penalty duty!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreaming is for free!
Think if we get a pen Hwang will be last on the list to take it lol, will be Neves if the unthinkable event of us getting a pen against a top 6 happens

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
First time in years today that I won't see a Wolves match live in person or on the TV. Moving my daughter to university. Don't have any great expectations, so anything from this game will be a bonus. In the prediction league I predicted a 2-0 defeat, but anything is possible in football. Let's hope it all clicks for us today.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First time in years today that I won't see a Wolves match live in person or on the TV. Moving my daughter to university. Don't have any great expectations, so anything from this game will be a bonus. In the prediction league I predicted a 2-0 defeat, but anything is possible in football. Let's hope it all clicks for us today.
I always find that the games I end up missing for whatever reason are the games we end up winning. So fingers crossed that the case with you this time

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daddy (or mummy) duty rightfully trumps other things.... That's why l've done far fewer away games over the last few years....

MontyR

Reaction score
I’m going to the local in Manchester with a bunch of Liverpool supporters. A win today would probably result in us having our heads kicked in but it’ll be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom