Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd or Solskjaer

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a lot of us are disappointed with the start that we have made to the season but would you rather be a Man Utd fan, or have Solskjaer as our manager ?.
Manure have high expectations and they are going to be disappointed with where they are this season as many of there fans expected to finish top 4 :D, whereas i am disappointed but realistic with where we are as a Team/club, as for Solskjaer would anyone on here rather have him in place of Nuno ?, I for one would rather have Nuno over him any day of the week, Solskjaer failed in his only previous stint as a Premiership manager and for many the jury is still out on him, whereas Nuno has given Wolves the best times we have had in the last 30+ years, and once again i am proud to wear my Wolves top not only in the local area but around the world when i travel. Carry on Nuno, Wolves ay we ;).

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two seasons we have been in this league and I still wouldnt take a single one of their players
Not one

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a lot of us are disappointed with the start that we have made to the season but would you rather be a Man Utd fan, or have Solskjaer as our manager ?.

This is just getting ludicrous. Mods, please please can we have an ignore thread function.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brain can't compute supporting anyone else. Solskjaer is lucky to be managing for any Premier League club.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ole looks like one of the Rice Crispie kids
The older he gets the more Solskjaer looks like the actor Andy Serkis. I thinks it's the eyes.
SEI_57182662.jpg

Andy-Serkis.jpg

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't see him lasting the season tbh. He seems like a good guy but out of his depth.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate Manure with a passion but I'd take de Gea and Maguire like a shot as they're better than what we have.
Maguire is the most overhyped and overrated player I can recall in recent history. He is nothing more than bang average in my opinion.
This myth about him being a ball playing centre half, is absolute crap. He can play passes at about 10 yards, has the occasional little dribble into the other half, but soon remembers he’s a slow as mud so needs to get back into position, and passes to the nearest midfielder. If he’s worth £80 mil then I’ve got a 12 inch pianist

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire is the most overhyped and overrated player I can recall in recent history. He is nothing more than bang average in my opinion.
This myth about him being a ball playing centre half, is absolute crap. He can play passes at about 10 yards, has the occasional little dribble into the other half, but soon remembers he’s a slow as mud so needs to get back into position, and passes to the nearest midfielder. If he’s worth £80 mil then I’ve got a 12 inch pianist

So you reckon Coady would keep him out of our side. o_O

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you reckon Coady would keep him out of our side. o_O
Different player, different role. As a centre half, I’d have Boly everyday over Maguire, and you could buy 3 centre halves as good as him for that money - they wouldn’t be English obviously, but that is the only reason he is worth anything above £25m

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different player, different role. As a centre half, I’d have Boly everyday over Maguire, and you could buy 3 centre halves as good as him for that money - they wouldn’t be English obviously, but that is the only reason he is worth anything above £25m

I'd have Boly as well over Maguire, are you saying Coady isn't a central defender ?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire, De Gea, and Pogba all walk into our team.

Wan Bisaka, Martial, james and Rashford potentially too.

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have Boly as well over Maguire, are you saying Coady isn't a central defender ?
Not in the true sense of a centre half, More of a sweeper in my opinion. I don’t think Coady could play consistently and reliably in a back 4, with 2 centre halves

Not wishing to appear like a ****, but just out of curiosity googled his stats and Bennett’s. unbelievably there is not a great deal of difference between them, which even surprised me!!!

Harry Maguire Statistics | Premier League

Ryan Bennett Statistics | Premier League

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go again being totally arrogant!!

Some are seriously suggesting we wouldn't want any of the current Manchester utd players in our team..... Oh dear

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go again being totally arrogant!!

Some are seriously suggesting we wouldn't want any of the current Manchester utd players in our team..... Oh dear

From yesterday’s squad 4 maybe 5, but for nowhere near the money they would want
  • De Gea - yes
  • Wan-Bissaka - yes
  • Lindelöf - no
  • Maguire - no
  • Young - no
  • McTominay - no
  • Matic - maybe
  • Pereira- no
  • Mata - yes 5 years ago
  • James - yes
  • Rashford - yes but not as a no 10
Substitutes
  • Lingard - no
  • Rojo - no
  • Fred - no
  • Romero - no
  • Gomes - no
  • Tuanzebe - don’t know never heard of him
  • Chong - don’t know never heard of him
And not arrogance, but don’t think most are better than what we have. Just my opinion obviously.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to work out whether this is a protest march, or let’s leave the pub at the normal time and walk to the ground to get into our normal seats at the normal time? :neutral:

Twitter

38DC54BD-3B1B-46DC-9F1A-BC626E720146.jpeg

R

reanswolf

Who gives a **** about this non-event of a football club?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves and only ever Wolves and for the foreseeable future Nuno and only Nuno.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But didn’t you know, they have a divine right to success it seems.......

A spell in the Chump would put manners on them

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand how such a rich club, 2nd richest in the world after Real, can make such bad decisions and their squad look so poor. Us and Leicester look as good as them.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be amazed if Solskjaer is still in place by Jan 1. They played well against us but overall their team and play looks uninspiring. Plus injuries have not helped.

Pogba clearly wants to leave along eith one or two others. De Gea only stayed because they paid him a king's ransom to remain.

It is time that club ate some humble pie but pleas Sky get Gary Neville to shut up. He goes on and on and on about Utd's decline as if that is the only important football issue in the universe. So boring and repetetive.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Latest rumour is Allegri in. Won't sort out the problems at the top though: rot has set in and won't change until Glazers are out.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Latest rumour is Allegri in. Won't sort out the problems at the top though: rot has set in and won't change until Glazers are out.
Ed Woodward and Board level Decision Making. No clearly articulated vision, no defined strategy or way of playing. Constant changing of managers results in a mish mash of players and styles recruited but with no coherent approach or template.

They are 6 (or so) seasons without a major honour (Title or European Cup) and look, at the moment, like another 6 (or more) years away from such baubles.

Long may it continue.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OGS is on a hiding to nothing there regardless of his ability.

D

Deleted member 4436

I’m not sure why people blame the Glazers, they’ve continuously invested in the squad. Another £140m in the Summer.

£90m on Pogba
£70m on Lukaku

The reality is they need another 3 years in the shade whilst they rebuild their team. The only man that can give them that, with a style that the fans would enjoy in the short-term, would be Poch IMO.

Solksjaer was a ridiculous appointment. Everyone but Woodward seemed to call that he’d get the bullet by Christmas. Having said that, he would have probably been slammed if he didn’t land the role last summer given the short-term turnaround.

Big players need big leaders.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire, De Gea, and Pogba all walk into our team.

Wan Bisaka, Martial, james and Rashford potentially too.
Pogba purely on playing ability - very possibly.
Pogba the man - hell no! His arrogance and "me me me" attitude is so far from our current ethos (long may it continue) it's untrue....

Ed Woodward and Board level Decision Making. No clearly articulated vision, no defined strategy or way of playing. Constant changing of managers results in a mish mash of players and styles recruited but with no coherent approach or template.

They are 6 (or so) seasons without a major honour (Title or European Cup) and look, at the moment, like another 6 (or more) years away from such baubles.

Long may it continue.
Ed Woodward couldn't run a bath.... He's the new Jizz without the ability and charm, lol.....

I’m not sure why people blame the Glazers, they’ve continuously invested in the squad. Another £140m in the Summer.

£90m on Pogba
£70m on Lukaku

The reality is they need another 3 years in the shade whilst they rebuild their team. The only man that can give them that, with a style that the fans would enjoy in the short-term, would be Poch IMO.

Solksjaer was a ridiculous appointment. Everyone but Woodward seemed to call that he’d get the bullet by Christmas. Having said that, he would have probably been slammed if he didn’t land the role last summer given the short-term turnaround.

Big players need big leaders.
Does Poch actually have a demonstrated track record of managing big players? Players he has developed possibly but established "big names"?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But he got the job at the end of March after winning 14 of his first 19 games (W14, D2, L3).

Since then, he has won just 5 of his next 21 games, losing 9 and drawing 7!!

If Woodward had waited until the summer, Ole probably wouldn't have got the job, as his overall record by the end of the season was P29, W16, D4, L9.

Another bad decision from Ed!

Back
Top Bottom