Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict/VAR Ranting Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the match in a pub in the Smoke with a mix of plastic ManUres and the real thing who are obviously down here - an 'interesting' experience. The sheer bloody arrogance and expectation.....

Pre-season work was obviously bloody well done. First 30-35 mins we had the better chances. Even after that it was more our mistakes than they created. GON said that he was sticking to the plan and you could see exactly what that was. Need to take your ****ing chances though... I thought Nunes and Cunha were superb but the latter is no target man.

Second half was the same bloody story. I actually thought that Hooper had a pretty decent game but at the end that was a stone wall penalty - even the bloody ManUre lot said so - once again VAR was as much use as a third hand condom. If it had been Sa on them it safe to say that it was given every ****ing time...

I feel robbed and fear that we will be starting the season with yet another Webb apology letter. The good news is that if we play like that we should be absolutely fine.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb performance and feel so sorry for GO and the players. I'm so tired of feeling this way about these decisions so they must be even more so.

Semedo's best game for us, Lemina was magnificent too. We have to some how find a way to get Cunha and Fabio on the pitch together. Both looked great.

We're a couple of players away from having a great squad and season. Such a shame it probably wont happen.

Well done to all of them.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over at the Red Cafe, they are mostly praising our performance behind slagging off their own. They are relieved we can’t score goals: “Terrible, if Wolves could actually finish a chance we would have been screwed”

I just hope it doesn’t become a regular refrain. Again.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The running from deep was sublime but shout out to Lemina and Gomes. Did the dirty work brilliantly and with some skills to boot.

Huge upgrade on Neves and Moutinho as a combination for me
I think they’re gonna bully some midfields this year.. and with Nunes, Neto and Cunha carrying the ball.. we should give teams plenty of headaches.

Just need to find that target more.. I feel far far more positive than the last 2 years.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives ..so so refreshing for us to drive forward through the middle, rather than going backwards, sideways , backwards.
Negative..Sa
Needs replacing..goes walkabout chasing the ball,,only had to stay in his goal to stop the winner.
Isn't DaGhea available on a free?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great interview from GON, good to hear he thinks we have to work on arriving in the final 3rd at the right time and goals will come.

A fantastic performance form the lads, so much pace and commitment. Phenomenal.

Shame we are going to have another season of shambolic referring decisions and VAR inconsistencies.

There was also 2 clear yellow cards for united that never arrived for a clear shirt pull and a chopping down.

So much for being bankers for relegation, **** off ya ****s
My one and only concern about his interviews is that he’s going to allow the interviewer to get too much out of him as to how we set up, etc.

If that’s all I’m picking out, I’m pretty happy and not worried.

Nige

Reaction score
Best performance for a while.. but still no goals from 23 attempts.. that needs addressing. Sa at fault for the goal in no mans land.. Sometimes you have to stay on your line and trust the defenders so you are last line of defence.. Give Bentley a go next week.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha and Gomes were unreal, but you are absolutely right about Semedo, MOTM for me. His best performance in a Wolves shirt.
He also gave Nunes an 8. Which I agree if he's rating United players.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our starting XI is crystal clear now. Fabio for Sarabia with Hwang ready to come on for whichever forward player is tiring.
Got to be the starting XI. If Cunha is so deep, and he’s phenomenal coming from there, you need someone ahead of him with bite. Especially if you’re not giving Sarabia FK duties.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton will be a tougher game, but that's a great start. Get the ball in first time. Some powerful performances.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great interview by GON on Sky.
Seemed to me like he realised as he was saying it that if he keeps putting players who can't finish in positions to finish, it won't happen, despite hoping that they will.

Hopefully he starts to play our finishers moving forward.

Reactions: Ned
Reaction score
Given the circumstances of this dramatic summer, that was an outstanding performance and the lads were so unlucky not to come away with something.
Let's hope we carry on with this front foot attitude and take the game to the opposition as we look so much better for it.
Well done to Gary and all the squad for blocking out the external rubbish and putting on a fantastic effort.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I'm seething. The Premier League and VAR are such a farce.

That being said, that was an amazing performance, and United are lucky to have won that.
More of this, and Lopetegui-ball will be a thing of the past as we welcome GO'N-ball.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
I really want to love my football And with so much energy, emotion going into the last 3 weeks with all the changes I'm in utter disbelief tonight.
Nothing about how well wolves played on sky or Talksport....all man u, not at the races...it's early days ******.
VAR, SKY and the premier League can all **** off !!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First thing is first. That was a fantastic performance by our players. All to a man brilliant. Yes there were misses and that is gutting as we should have won that by at least 2 clear goals but the chances we created give me huge encouragement. That is how I want to see my team play.

We have to keep this style up all season if we can. Press and attack with pace. The goals will have to come if we create like we did today.

Finally to the absolute **** whoever it was on VAR. You are an absolute disgrace. How the hell was the ref not sent to the screen to look at that. An absolute stone wall penalty. I suppose we will get yet another apology from the **** wits from PGMOL in the coming days. You ****ers can stick your apology up your ****. Absolute disgrace and shameful. Sick of the officials in this country. **** them all off.
Beautifully put. Couldn't put it better

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic performance.

I said at the start I wanted us to be competitive, but we weren't competitive, we were by far the superior team.

We passed out from the back when needed. We pressed, when needed. We mixed everything up and were superb.

We lost to a goal from a centre-back which was frustrating, but sometimes you have to acknowledge quality, and that pass from Bruno was outstanding to Wan-Bissaka.

Cunha and Nunes were a joke. Carragher is nearly trying to retire Casemiro based on one performance tonight. The reality is that Lemina and Gomes pressed very well, and Nunes and Cunha were incredible at carrying the ball, even if I do feel Nunes is going to cost us a goal at some point.

The one negative, Sarabia. Nowhere near it. Imagine if Fabio had started ahead of him?

Fabio came on in the 77th minute and had two shots on target and a blocked shot from eight yards out. Some of you won't care because we didn't score, but that's not normal. This lad has a special talent at getting chances, and in this team it could be huge.

I've been hugely critical of O'Neil, so credit where it's due, tonight was a massive shock for me, I was so proud watching that team, but just start Fabio when we're in a 4-4-2!

If we keep Fabio and sign one CB as cover, this team could easily survive. Please Wolves, keep Fabio, give him a chance. Keep Ait-Nouri, give him a chance.

We've known for years we had talented youngsters but we didn't use them properly.

2.5xG at Old Trafford, and we should have had 0.77 for a penalty, is unheard of. DO NOT SELL ANYONE. We can become the next Brighton with Ait-Nouri, Gomes, Neto, Silva, Nunes, Cunha. Please don't throw it away, or two of them, for Cresswell and Antonio.

Luton, Rennes and tonight are genuinely three of the best performances I've seen from a Wolves side in ages. It was enjoyable. It was fun. I honestly wish the deadline had passed. I said we need a CB but if offered taking this squad and adding nothing to it, or seeing what they actually do, I'd take this squad. I fear they'll mess it up.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The running from deep was sublime but shout out to Lemina and Gomes. Did the dirty work brilliantly and with some skills to boot.

Huge upgrade on Neves and Moutinho as a combination for me
I’m sure opposing players felt a bit safer v Neves and Moutinho, anyway.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 7
Ait-Nouri 8
Kilman 8
Dawson 8
Semedo 10
Gomes 9
Lemina 10
Mattheus 9
Neto 8
Sarabia 7
Cunha 9

VAR negative infinity squared
Know what you mean but as a Maths grad l feel obliged to point out that the square of a negative number is positive..... lol

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want to love my football And with so much energy, emotion going into the last 3 weeks with all the changes I'm in utter disbelief tonight.
Nothing about how well wolves played on sky or Talksport....all man u, not at the races...it's early days ******.
VAR, SKY and the premier League can all **** off !!
"It's a one off game". Aren't they all?

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both decisions were probably wrong, but the pen incident was basically exactly the same as the Sa one vs Leeds last year.

Which also wasn't given.

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Really positive start. Possibly should have subbed earlier as they seemed to be ready and waiting to get on for a while. Bring on Brighton, who are definitely not as strong as last year, despite their win at the weekend. I'd prefer our centre midfield over theirs, which is going to win us games this year.

Back
Top Bottom