Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever the verdicts on the performance, tacticts, starting eleven etc that was a seven goal thriller and how many boring games have we endured. That last 20 was exciting stuff and my heart was racing during that added time. That's what its all about. The lads looked devastated too but will bounce back, this team has spirit.
I actually expect them to bounce back better than if we tied this game. They are going to want blood in a couple days.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately we played a full strength Utd side who had good players returning.

And we started as we left off against those idiots down the road, coasting. You can't coast in the prem like you can against Chump fodder.

But Neto, Lemina, Cunha, RAN started to ramp up to their top levels as the game went on and hopefully start the next game at those levels.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was a shambolic performance, and I really mean that.

We deserved to lose by at least four goals. We got back in it from a penalty that was a dive (about time), and then a corner.

We are playing a team that is poor on the road, and one that doesn't score goals, and they scored four and really should've scored at least four more.

It was disgraceful and the scoreline is so misleading.

A lot of that is on O'Neil as well. He picked the wrong team, and it should've been obvious. We were poor against West Brom, we just did a job. Ait-Nouri had to start. Joao Gomes is a lot better than Tommy Doyle.

Bellegarde is essentially useless as a striker. Play Fraser when Hwang isn't available or make Cunha do the job, purely because you've been let down by the board.

The only thing you can praise them for is the fighting spirit, but that performance is the worst we've given all season by a mile. It's sickening to lose that way, but we genuinely deserved to lose by three at least. Hugely concerning.
Agree mostly
Certainly deserve praise for hanging in there and almost getting something we never should have
Should have been at least 5 down before that "pen" but played well,at least in an attacking sense rest of the game
Doc shouldnt be anywhere near out left side
Cant argue with Doyle hes been playing well,but Gomes is better suited to our system

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After such a dreadful first half it looked we had got out of jail when Pedro netted, but of course we couldn't hold on. Defensively dreadful all night we never looked secure against there breaks. Having said that we showed a hell of a lot of fight in the second half and to come so close to a draw in a match when they should have been out of sight by half time shows the character of the team.
Disappointed we haven't been able to add to the squad other than Noha this window, I hope it doesn't come back to bite us as the season wears on.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also without wishing to bang the drum, this is exactly why such a wafer thin squad is foolhardy. We just dont have enough alternatives. These players will still be shattered come Sunday and we cant do much changing at all. The obvious ones are RAN, Gomes and Sarabia coming in I suppose but Cunha and Neto will have to play as the alternatives are nowhere near as good.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pushing up players to support the front 3 left us continually exposed on the break first half, really needed to change our approach or the personnel. Better second half better in midfield, didnt lose the ball as much and got back and covered better,

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United should have been out of sight first half, incredible fight back, crazy to throw it away.

What a game.

Not even mad. Entertainment is back in Molineux.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor display. Tactically naive, weak defensively but plenty of heart shown to get back in the game. GON need to tighten up this defence quickly.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing to lose a point like that, but couldn't really grumble after a very poor first half.
Pedro very clever with that cut back shot, fooled the keeper, same as Sunday.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was a shambolic performance, and I really mean that.

We deserved to lose by at least four goals. We got back in it from a penalty that was a dive (about time), and then a corner.

We are playing a team that is poor on the road, and one that doesn't score goals, and they scored four and really should've scored at least four more.

It was disgraceful and the scoreline is so misleading.

A lot of that is on O'Neil as well. He picked the wrong team, and it should've been obvious. We were poor against West Brom, we just did a job. Ait-Nouri had to start. Joao Gomes is a lot better than Tommy Doyle.

Bellegarde is essentially useless as a striker. Play Fraser when Hwang isn't available or make Cunha do the job, purely because you've been let down by the board.

The only thing you can praise them for is the fighting spirit, but that performance is the worst we've given all season by a mile. It's sickening to lose that way, but we genuinely deserved to lose by three at least. Hugely concerning.
Unlike you to be so negative…

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong starting line up for me, RAN has to start, Bellegarde was poor on Sunday, Sarabia should have started but we lack a centre forward. Also harsh but I'd have been tempted to give Gomes the nod over Doyle.

First half was awful, second half much improved, pleased with the spirit, but god I hate losing to Man Utd.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing to lose a point like that, but couldn't really grumble after a very poor first half.
Pedro very clever with that cut back shot, fooled the keeper, same as Sunday.
To be fair, you could fool Onana.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Toti fan, but I think he's been far worse since Doherty started playing on the left. I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if Doc being a bit uncomfortable is hurting Toti as well.
He has to cover doc far more than he does rayan - rayans pace helps him get back, docs slower than Dawson…

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also without wishing to bang the drum, this is exactly why such a wafer thin squad is foolhardy. We just dont have enough alternatives. These players will still be shattered come Sunday and we cant do much changing at all. The obvious ones are RAN, Gomes and Sarabia coming in I suppose but Cunha and Neto will have to play as the alternatives are nowhere near as good.
Does S Bueno get a game on Sunday? I’d argue Toti was cack and Kilman worse.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost it in the first half of course and if I'm being honest, United should have been out of sight after that car crash of a first half. In fact, our defending was just as bad second half, epitomised by Kilman falling asleep for their third goal! Having said that, these players don't half know how to scrap! They don't give up on anything. For that, I'm so proud of them. That was one crazy game of football.
This

GON - you got this one wrong

Please learn from it

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson and Kilman can’t play in a 2. Both too slow and Kilman is unreliable. Gomes should have started but Doyle’s been good last while. Doc was horrendous, got caught going forward all the time and slow to get back.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We showed a lot of fight and endeavour- there is a hell of a lot to love about this team. In a lot of ways, it is a pleasure to watch- far beyond the drivel we have been served up since covid.

But, any ability to make it stick up top helps us in that first half when we were under the cosh. Anybody who thinks Bellegarde and Sarabia are acceptable/good back-ups to Hwang is a ****ing moron.

Our back line were all over the place but despite that we were still in the game and, at the end, surely Kilman has to go through Mainoo as he glides past him. Just take the ****er out.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong starting line up for me, RAN has to start, Bellegarde was poor on Sunday, Sarabia should have started but we lack a centre forward. Also harsh but I'd have been tempted to give Gomes the nod over Doyle.

First half was awful, second half much improved, pleased with the spirit, but god I hate losing to Man Utd.
Hard to take Doyle out when he's been our best player recently. But I would have just started 3 midfielders to control the game early. Neto likes to counter attack anyway. And clearly after his knock he didn't want to give Sarabia the full 90.

Starting XI should have been...

Cunha - Neto
Lemina - Doyle - Gomes
RAN - Toti - Kilman - Dawson - Semedo
Sa​

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Despite the comeback, we got what we deserved in terms of points. We could have quite easily been 5 or 6 down at half time.

I'm not going to overly critical on any of the players but as a collective unit we just looked terrible in that 1st half. We were wide open whenever we lost the ball, and the 1st half was almost a reversal of our the game at Old Trafford in terms of how easy they carved us open.

It's easy to say after the fact, but I think GON got the team wrong today. Gomes and RAN should of started. I get Doyle has performed well but he's played a decent number of games in a row and justifiably could have been rested for Chelsea rather than being classed as "dropped". Doc on the left just doesn't work for me - literally kills any chance of building momentum on that side and isn't the answer when RAN can't play.

Pleased that we fought back but for me it papers over the cracks as to just how bad that first half was. Lets hope it was just one of those nights and we see an overall better / balanced performance at Chelsea.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN, Sarabia and dare I say Gomes should start against Chelsea. We looked so much better when they were on.
100%. No question about it.. Toti looked better with RAN outside of him.. Sarabia is better in every way than Bellegarde.. and Gomes is a better all round midfielder for us, especially in tough games.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc was awful - I assume rayan wasn’t fit for more than the half hour
No idea on this must have been saving Ryan gomes sarabia for Chelsea because they all came straight in for me. Doc has no gas on the track back he gets so tight and leaves toti exposed toti is quick but can do anything when there is a gaping holes behind doc

Must play cunha centrally so sarabia goes out wide or 10

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to cover doc far more than he does rayan - rayans pace helps him get back, docs slower than Dawson…
I have no idea what Gary sees in Doc over Hugo either. I'm still salty we didn't loan Hugo to Celtic if we're going to play Doc over him. Why keep a 3rd choice LB who could have got minutes for a big side?

I love Doc, but he's barely good enough at this level on his regular side these days.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do we get Gomes, Lemina and Doyle in the team without being too defensive?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what Gary sees in Doc over Hugo either. I'm still salty we didn't loan Hugo to Celtic if we're going to play Doc over him. Why keep a 3rd choice LB who could have got minutes for a big side?

I love Doc, but he's barely good enough at this level on his regular side these days.
Attacking element is why he is played with Bueno lacking confidence Gon likes him to overload which he does but he just doesn't get back. Can't really play doc with Doyle as no cm.cover

Back
Top Bottom