Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man of the Match......

B

Black Suit

The incredible moaner, Ashley Young!

WTF? Are you kidding?

Scot Parker, brilliant, calm, superb.

L

lalvk

I agree actually.

As much as he annoys me with his attitude... I don't let it warp my view of his performances. He was real good today and was involved in the game's big moments

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Parker & Young both equally decent I thought. Man of the match is just the opinion of a few people, meaningless. Just like pundit's opinions, they don't mean anything at the end of the day.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Parker was outstanding.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Young played really well. He is a $$$$ on the pitch for Villa but has always had loads of ability. Think he's gone billy big $$$$$$$$ at Villa whereas with England he's trying to prove himself and concentrating on his football. Also Capello played him in his best position whereas Houllier doesnt. Man of the match for me.

B

Black Suit

He (Parker) was involved in so much more of the game than Young, frustrating the Welsh lads, and linking the defense with midfield and midfield with the forwards.

Thought the substitutions left us unbalanced towards the end.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
That's the formation which works best for England - Wales couldn't compete with that movement, and more importantly, the interchangeability upfront.

Replace Lampard with Gerrard, and England have the makings of a pretty decent side.

B

Black Suit

That's the formation which works best for England - Wales couldn't compete with that movement, and more importantly, the interchangeability upfront.

Replace Lampard with Gerrard, and England have the makings of a pretty decent side.

One change and that is a decent side? One winger and three centre midfielders, is pretty different.

It worked because Wales were hopeless, and putting a kid, back from serious injury in as captain, beggars belief.

Some good performances, but let's not get carried away.

D

Dewsburywolf

The stadium announcer said Ashley Williams :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know Wales were the home team but please ............................

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The stadium announcer said Ashley Williams :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know Wales were the home team but please ............................
They always pick a home player.I remember the game when we won 6-1 at Edgar Street and the announcer gave MOM to Terry Paine-and that was back in the 70's.:D

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gary speed got it so wrong today , they base their team on bale, if injured as shown today they have nothing , england were not so clever in the 2nd half either , stepped off the gas , should have been a rout

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Some good performances, but let's not get carried away.

I said they are a 'pretty decent' side - hardly getting carried away. Besides, not being English I could care less about the national side.

Would you describe them as an average team or as a poor team?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They always pick a home player.I remember the game when we won 6-1 at Edgar Street and the announcer gave MOM to Terry Paine-and that was back in the 70's.:D

Got thrown off the train on the way home that day :D

J

johnybig32

The England TEAM needs nwo to be built around Wilshere and Parker. Neither of who are egotistic and demand the right to play. They are playing because of their form.

WIlshere is the best midfielder i have seen with the ball since Gazza.

Rooney needs to be totally dropped. 433 works but we need to play a true Left Winger, not Rooney out there.

U

UNCLE REMUS

England were poor, if ever there was a match that a team should have blown it's goal difference out of sight this was it. Watched it at my local with some Wolves and Albion lads, we ended up going "going out the back and having a kick around". It was a rubbish occassion, couldn't believe Jarvo wasn't there.

Last edited by a moderator:

justfriggin

Reaction score
You're all wasting your time. International Football in Britain is dead.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all wasting your time. International Football in Britain is dead.

Tiresome cliche. It is no more 'dead' than it has ever been. All this over dramatisation is rather silly. Football is football. Teams ebb and flow in strength, same with nations.

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Twas a waste of time, as are all internationals while the clubs are still involved in the leagues. Capello is clueless.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gary speed got it so wrong today , they base their team on bale, if injured as shown today they have nothing , england were not so clever in the 2nd half either , stepped off the gas , should have been a rout

How did Speed get it so wrong today? The majority of our team is built up of championship players, that's what we have available! Bale was a huge loss to us but it's very likely that he wouldn't of changed the outcome anyway.
We are a very poor team we just don't have enough quality available I wouldn't get carried away in the least about your performance today, it was decent in the 1st half and poor in the 2nd half. The 1st goal was a terrible error by Collins after he slipped and then after the 2nd goal Hennersey didn't pull off a decent save!!!

W

Wolfy1994

I don't see how people can say 4-3-3 is England's best formation.. We saw it for 90 minutes against a weakened Welsh side who only really have Bale and Ramsey (When fit) anyway! They have a shocking defence which puts so much pressure on Hennessey.

W

wolvo_boi

Simply put that is 90 minutes of my life i will never get back.

Apart from the first 15 minutes where we looked impressive it was one of the worst displays of football i have seen and that includes the World Cup in South Africa. I cant remember whether i watched the 2nd half or not, i was looking at the TV but dont know whether i payed attention to what happened or not.

The only highlight bar the goals was the Rooney booking, nothing else happened did it?!

J

johnybig32

433/451 shuld be the formation we play because of how many of our players actually play in that formation at club level! Nearly all of them i think!

Back
Top Bottom