Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man City champions

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Might work in our favour next week , Arsenal definitely runners up nothing to play for ( I know we haven’t but it would nice to finish with a win)

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a 7th title in 12 seasons and no conclusion to the FFP investigation in sight.

Regardless of the financial naughtiness, City’s crop of players are in a different universe.

I actually think the FA Cup Final will be the tougher of the two showpieces they have by the way.

Finally, we can all have some fun in the away next Sunday!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Congratulations Manchester City. Easily the best team we’ve seen for years
Yep, Arsenal would probably be Champions of most major leagues this season but in the end even they couldn’t match City.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It felt for a while City were messing around but soon as it got within 10 games to go they've gone up a gear and its never been in doubt that they would win it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprise….the cheaters win the league. I have no time for them or their actions.

“Manchester City is accused of more than 100 violations, including failing to provide accurate financial information “that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position”; not disclosing contractual payments to managers and players; and failing, as required, to cooperate with Premier League investigators.”

“In 2020, the governing body for soccer in Europe, UEFA, banned Manchester City from its top competition, the Champions League, for two years for financial rules violations, though the club appealed the decision and had the ban overturned.
In challenging that ban, City focused on a few words in the governing body’s rules that set a five-year time limit on the infractions eligible for punishment. In effect, UEFA’s investigation had taken too long to consider the most serious offenses, the appeals panel found, and so the club escaped the harshest punishments levied against it.”

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hate Man City.
****ing hate Arsenal
Don’t think much of any of the sky 7 buying their way to trophies, we’ll bar spurs!
Just remember Kalvin Phillips can’t get a game for his club but is picked for England. City and others buy players to prevent others having them. Paid not to play doesn’t sit well with me

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
By far the best squad in the league, they are relentless and deserve it 90%….. 10% still thinks they’ve cheated FFP,
Pep only has the perfect training arena, the ability to buy whoever he wants, giants in every position and a £100m free kick winning diver.
He’s won everything wherever he’s been(2 massive clubs and a club who’d won just 2 titles in 100 years, all 3 being the wealthiest in their country) I’d still like to see him do it at a club that’s skint.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen an article on Twitter. Alleging Man City give money to “ sponsors” who then sponsor City for huge sums. This income goes then towards alleviating FFP problems. I’d be amazed but not 100% surprised if this was correct

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the premier league clubs picked teams like on the school playground, De Bruyne and Haaland wouldn't be allowed on the same team.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep has proved to be one of the greatest ever managers in world football.

Yes, he has managed clubs loaded with money to buy the best players, but a lot of them come with ego’s and big reputations. He can handle them all in the right way.

Can’t think of any mistakes he has made in the transfer market. Akanji and Alcaraz are examples that you don’t have to spend tens of millions every time you buy a player. Pep has introduced home grown talent as well, in Phil Foden (great player) and Rico Lewis.

Look at the innovative way he brought change in playing style that other clubs are copying:
Playing out from the back.
Goalkeepers playing with the ball at their feet.
Hybrid midfield players.
False number nines.
100% press when opposition has the ball.

I think this is the longest time he has spent at any club in his career, so he is obviously happy. He has maintained his standards and you can’t see him stopping.

How would City replace him? That’s an issue for the future, but at this moment in time, they will continue to dominate domestic and European football with this genius in charge.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying if Man City win it again next year (and who would bet against that?) they'll be the first club ever to win four in a row. For me that'll be another nail in the coffin of English football. They are miles better than everyone else, mostly because of the unfair system allowing them to spend huge amounts of money. English football is in danger of becoming like Scottish football.

Mind you, if the Premier league decide that someone else needs a chance, we might start seeing some iffy decisions going against City. I think we all have our suspicions about the sort of things that go on.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the wheel can turn. To me it seems only yesterday they were in the play off final at Wembley against Gillingham and within 5 minutes of losing it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the blood dripping from their title, the blood of Jamal Khashoggi

How many more bodies will they need to trample over to collect their next trophy????

Life doesn’t matter anymore, people don’t matter anymore, human life doesn’t matter anymore, it’s all about the money !!!

Shame on them!
Shame on the Premier League !!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Haaland have joined them if UEFA had found a way to ban them from European football for two years?……
or anybody else fr that matter.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting how English football evolves isn't it?

At a time when the best team in England deservedly, on footballing grounds, wins the league, a team that won it a few years ago simply isn't allowed to compete and will be relegated. If ever proof was needed that the Premier League isn't a fair competition, here it is.

How is one team allowed to spend two, three, four, five times that of another is beyond me. Well, actually it isn't. It is called corruption.

We were stopped in our tracks by FFP and I watch with interest what happens to Newcastle. Any team with illusions of breaking the monopoly within English football will be dealt with swiftly by the authorities. That is, unless they do an Everton and self destruct.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get the Citeh love-in. Their good, but who wouldn't be when you get to spend five or ten-fold what the vast majority of your competitors can and break, bend, twist and/or manipulate all manner of rules and regulations meant to oversee an honest competition.

Why are we actually congratulating them? What are we congratulating them for, effectively starting each game with a 1-0 lead? The competition is so grossly and obscenely unfair to 75% of the league that I couldn't really care which one of the seditious mother-****ers wins. They're all cheats.

Cannot believe I am saying this, but I hope Manure & Inter does them in their finals. And I ****ing detest Manure.

**** Citeh.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

How many more bodies will they need to trample over to collect their next trophy????

Life doesn’t matter anymore, people don’t matter anymore, human life doesn’t matter anymore, it’s all about the money !!!

Shame on them!
It’s Man City not Newcastle

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shame on them!
I take your point, Waggy, however Khashoggi was (allegedly) murdered by the Saudis whereas Man City is UAE owned with minor ownership based in the US and China.
As for the general point, Premier League ownership is littered with regimes that have a poor human rights record including Chinese ownership at Wolves. The Premier League 'fit and proper test' is a joke of course!
Additionally, the (alleged) fact that City have cheated their way to the top is still hanging over them and the way they seem to have dodged FFP rules that everyone else (bar Chelsea) have to live with, taints the club and Pep's legacy.
I love the way they play, but if success is achieved by cheating, what's the point? Of course, the point is money, not sport!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It cannot be good for the game when one team can outspend another in the same league by a factor of five or ten.
City spent £42.5m on Phillips last year - has he even started one important game? They effectively bought an England international so no-one else could buy him, paid him a hundred grand a week and locked him in a cupboard.
Sorry, but I'm in the '**** off, City' camp.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily that's not true. It's not even close to true.

Over the last 5 years, Man City have a lower net spend than 10 clubs - including Wolves.
That’s not the point. They spent their money and their wage bill is astronomical. 183m a year!
Ours is 52m
They are paying more for unused subs than we do for star regulars
Given they have already been investigated once and now face another 100 charges I think they have bought their trophies and sullied the premier league. I hope they are found guilty and relegated

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not denying Pep has had huge sums to play with but lets face the facts
Since he has been in charge he has spent £478 mil
United Chelsea Newcastle Arsenal Liverpool Villa WHam have all spent more, some substantially more, and we are not that far behind
They made a £45 million profit last season and have recouped over half of the expenditure with sales
They have income of over £60 million a year probably more this season
Huge sums i agree but nearly half the league have spent as much if not more

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the wheel can turn. To me it seems only yesterday they were in the play off final at Wembley against Gillingham and within 5 minutes of losing it.
The wheel does turn. Man U had their day, Liverpool too, and Wigan in Rugby league, Bath in union. But I think with the ridiculous money in football these days someone may be putting grit in the grease that helps those wheels turn now...

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not the point. They spent their money and their wage bill is astronomical. 183m a year!
Ours is 52m
They are paying more for unused subs than we do for star regulars
Given they have already been investigated once and now face another 100 charges I think they have bought their trophies and sullied the premier league. I hope they are found guilty and relegated

That was the point he was making, and that I replied to!

There have always been clubs that can pay more than others, is 3.5x higher wages even that uneven a distribution by historic standards? I don't know how accurate these are (Source), but it looks like Man City have the 3rd highest wage bill.

1684745107998.png

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the point he was making, and that I replied to!

There have always been clubs that can pay more than others, is 3.5x higher wages even that uneven a distribution by historic standards? I don't know how accurate these are (Source), but it looks like Man City have the 3rd highest wage bill.

View attachment 34776
Puts Chelsea's league position in some context!

Back
Top Bottom