Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Making Molineux home

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been a few clubs who have recently started playing again coming up with ways to keep a “presence” of their fans in an empty stadium.

Some I’ve read about have included shirts on seats, banners, cardboard cutouts and even fans live on the big screens via the internet.

Have we been engaged by the club and are there any ideas we can come up with to do something similar? Obviously we’ve got a few of the big banners that could be put out over seats. Is there anything else we can to do make sure our presence is still felt by the players?
@PumpKing

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been a few clubs who have recently started playing again coming up with ways to keep a “presence” of their fans in an empty stadium.

Some I’ve read about have included shirts on seats, banners, cardboard cutouts and even fans live on the big screens via the internet.

Have we been engaged by the club and are there any ideas we can come up with to do something similar? Obviously we’ve got a few of the big banners that could be put out over seats. Is there anything else we can to do make sure our presence is still felt by the players?
@PumpKing

We had an on line meeting recently and the idea of sort of fan representation in the form of cut outs on the seats was suggested.
Knowing the effort it takes, and the number of folk required to implement stadium displays, now with social distancing I’m not sure how practical this would be to achieve.

It’s certainly being looked out and as always, I know from experience how much help there is out there to help if needs be.

We of course still have the crowd surfer banners that could easily be fixed across the seats.
Besides the latest huge Wolves badge banner, we also have the original Carl Ikeme one and Nunos “Stronger Together” banner.
All being kept safe I can assure you.

The 10 pitchside flags that we wave could also be fixed to the seats. They would wave when the wind catches them to show some movement in the “crowd”

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had an on line meeting recently and the idea of sort of fan representation in the form of cut outs on the seats was suggested.
Knowing the effort it takes, and the number of folk required to implement stadium displays, now with social distancing I’m not sure how practical this would be to achieve.

It’s certainly being looked out and as always, I know from experience how much help there is out there to help if needs be.

We of course still have the crowd surfer banners that could easily be fixed across the seats.
Besides the latest huge Wolves badge banner, we also have the original Carl Ikeme one and Nunos “Stronger Together” banner.

The 10 pitchside flags that we wave could also be fixed to the seats. They would wave when the wind catches them to show some movement in the “crowd”

Yeah I'd just dot all those flags around everywhere.

Really not worth doing anything else, cardboard cutouts etc is just silly

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm honest when watching the Bundesliga games and seeing the empty seats at most grounds I thought it wouldn't be long before the free space was sold off and covered in huge advertising banners.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Could we fill the ground with these please

5044.jpg

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing crowd noise and using the screens must surely be better than nothing?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can’t we just drape two big wolf eye banners fron the south bank and north bank? Sure Fosun could get a few of those made up and get them transported over with their other shipments.

anything to stop the ball going in to the back of the stands every 5 minutes

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All of those potential ideas that you mention are all physical and mechanical in nature. I have made a suggestion on other threads, partly in jest admittedly, to cover the seats with white sheets and project holograms of fans leaping about. Couple that with fan noise and you have the virtual full house.
This may be going much to far and I can see the possibility of scaring the players, but in your video meeting did anyone consider a technological option using zoom for example?

Oh and one more thing, what's happened to those ****ing face masks that you said had arrived early?:p

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Carl at one end, Nuno at the other with the Wolves badge in the SB on the half way line. Sounds good to me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm honest when watching the Bundesliga games and seeing the empty seats at most grounds I thought it wouldn't be long before the free space was sold off and covered in huge advertising banners.
Don't give them ideas... Not least because that might bring in more money than actual fans...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before that for the tv audience it would be perfectly feasible to overlay actual crowd recorded footage onto the empty stands. Clearly doesn’t help the players but hopefully they are looking at the ball, other players and the pitch! For the sound, plenty of ideas of using a crowd panel to select recorded chants from prior games to pump out in the ground and on the tv audio track.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My idea would be that for all home games we employ someone to play the steptoe and son theme tune when they are attacking in the hope it puts them off
Other song recommendations are welcome

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
don't there will me much coverage/footage of stands on TV to make it worth doing much there, and will not add much to atmosphere for the players, thoug a few bit flags/banners my be good,I think the best way to add home atmosphere would be various of our chants played at different times thoughout game through the sound system , so either reuse audio footage footage from previous games or get a whole load of fans on zoom or similar singing some chants and record those for use during games (think trying to do that live would be prone to too many issues)

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
What about a fly-over with ‘We Are Wolves! #packalways,whatever!’

We’ve paid to irk the Boggies, why not then to pump up our own??

Would be brilliant for for the lads for sure. :)

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why not drape, the Wolves badge banner from the top tier of the North bank and the Nuno & karl ones across seats in the S Bank ..

Is it too late to get a crowd funding page to get a hugh banner produced for the S bank with something like

" We're With You" Gold on a Black Background ??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've stuck an Albion fan in there. Best £7 I've ever spent to see his face.
I could say that it won't be the first time that there's been Boggies in the South Bank..... Does a pie and a pint figure in this offer?

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They must have nothing else in their history apart from that game. As good as it will ever get for the them. Bless.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They must have nothing else in their history apart from that game. As good as it will ever get for the them. Bless.
They need to savour their odd success against a bigger, better club cos they know that it was exceptional and things soon reverted to the natural order of things....
I'm torn. I really want them to rot in the Chump but if they do we won't have the chance to rip them a new ********. If Head's gone is the height of their ambition..... Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom