Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luke Murphy?

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
heard lots of good things about him, would be happy if we got him

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be creaming themselves over this possibility. So if you'll allow me, I'll cream myself too!

Sounds very promising if we can snap him up. Is it a Jackett spot or Thelwell and his feelers?

W

WasStefan

Everyone seems to be creaming themselves over this possibility. So if you'll allow me, I'll cream myself too!

Sounds very promising if we can snap him up. Is it a Jackett spot or Thelwell and his feelers?

Thelwell I would imagine.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost seems too good to be true. Skysports are usually very accurate though.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderful if it happens. I think that KJ might be quite persuasive in an understated kind of way.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Crewes fans seem quite surprised that a L1 club have the money to tempt them and they feel that it's just to start a bidding war. They may be right on the 2nd point but the 1st one does indicate we are perhaps not in the normal financial position for this league.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Crewes fans seem quite surprised that a L1 club have the money to tempt them and they feel that it's just to start a bidding war. They may be right on the 2nd point but the 1st one does indicate we are perhaps not in the normal financial position for this league.

We are getting £16m parachute payment, possibly £4m for Sako and £2m for Doyle. If we could get £3m in total for the 4 put up for sale today that's £25m for starters. I would say that no club in the history of League 1 has started off from that position. Especially when I believe all the other clubs have £4m to share between them

D

Darryl Revok

After Steve Davis was linked to the head coach post, I watched a few highlights of Crewe to see what we may potentially play like. Luke Murphy stood out a mile, I'm delighted we're in for him but would be gobsmacked if we pulled this off!!

C

cooper_J

Would be very, very impressed with him.

He'd be a great signing if we were in the Championship.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Accepted offer? So get Jez waddling down there tomorrow with Kenny in tow to sell him the move.. In the bag by lunchtime tomorrow I'd have thought?

Remember my Mum and Dad had an offer accepted on a house ...........then it went to sealed bids. $$$$ers.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're a Div 3 side now - can't see why he'd come here if there are bigger and better teams after him?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once he's holding a shirt with his name on it we can be happy. Till then chill out, he'll probably end up elsewhere!

D

Dewsburywolf

Sounds like a promising player, I can't see him coming to Wolves though especially with some of the teams also reported to be interested (Swansea, Blackburn, Villa etc)

Bench warm there or start (& control) most games for us?

A

andyc225

Stood out like a sore thumb when I watched Crewe play Yeovil. Comfortable on the ball and a good range of passing. Could be just the ticket.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be delighted if we got him. If nothing else it shows our new manager understands the need for central midfield creativity after so much dross in the past. Really hope Jez can push this through as it would signal some positive moves by the club at last after so much misery.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Stood out like a sore thumb when I watched Crewe play Yeovil. Comfortable on the ball and a good range of passing. Could be just the ticket.

If this comes off, Doumbs could be offski....

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed with that. Doumbia has a lot to offer to whoever can get the best out of him.

Yes, me too.

Unless we play 3 in the middle it will be hard to keep him....can't see it being viable keeping him out.

A

andyc225

Yes, me too.

Unless we play 3 in the middle it will be hard to keep him....can't see it being viable keeping him out.

What do you reckon we could do in terms of a 4-2-3-1? I think he'd work well in a lineup like that.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doumbia, Murphy and Davis would make a solid midfield in a 433 or fight it out for two central midfield slots. Davis still has a lot prove and of course we hope Evans and Price are coming up on the inside lane. Hoping Kenny can get the best out of the likes of Doumbia.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
What do you reckon we could do in terms of a 4-2-3-1? I think he'd work well in a lineup like that.

Who would the 2in the middle be?.....for me Davis should play.

Then we have Griffo and Sigs to get in....Griffo up top on his own could be a bit light.

How do you see the set-up?

Last edited by a moderator:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Doumbia, Murphy and Davis would make a solid midfield in a 433 or fight it out for two central midfield slots. Davis still has a lot prove and of course we hope Evans and Price are coming up on the inside lane. Hoping Kenny can get the best out of the likes of Doumbia.

I Could go with those three in the middle...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

If we signed Murphy and played a 4-2-3-1, I'd expect it to be Murphy and one of Doumbia or Davis as the '2' and Sigurdarson as the central player in the '3'.

I have a feeling Doumbia will go on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent move.

P

Penk Wolf

“@Conor_JBWoodley: @stevephillips78 cheers catching up to you now and I think @LukeMurphy89 will be happy to know I'm ordering my shirt with him on it laterâ€

“@stevephillips78: @Conor_JBWoodley @LukeMurphy89 I would wait he is off to wolves mate I thinkâ€

“@Conor_JBWoodley: @stevephillips78 @LukeMurphy89 ....... Will his mum move with him?â€

“@stevephillips78: @Conor_JBWoodley @LukeMurphy89 e only going to wolves so he can still live t home with his mum bless himâ€

Steve Phillips is Crewe's goalkeeping coach.

A

andyc225

Who would the 2in the middle be?.....for me Davis should play.

Then we have Griffo and Sigs to get in....Griffo up top on his own could be a bit light.

How do you see the set-up?

If we're just talking about the front 5 I think we have a bit of room for manoeuvre. Give Bjorn any one of those 5 places and I'm convinced he'd master it. Perhaps we'll see something like this assuming all of the rumours we've heard so far are correct:

Hennessey

Doherty - Batth - Margreitter - Ricketts

Davis - Murphy

Ismail - Doumbia - Sigurdarson

Griffiths

Just off the top of my head we've got scope to work Jack Price in to compete with Murphy and Doumbia. Tongo will be back where he belongs and will be given the freedom to make the surging runs we enjoyed at the start of last season. We'll have a pleasant selection headache when Boukari finally returns from injury too as he could pick up either the central strike position or the two wide places. I think we might finally have worthwhile competition in our squad this season.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“@Conor_JBWoodley: @stevephillips78 cheers catching up to you now and I think @LukeMurphy89 will be happy to know I'm ordering my shirt with him on it laterâ€

“@stevephillips78: @Conor_JBWoodley @LukeMurphy89 I would wait he is off to wolves mate I thinkâ€

“@Conor_JBWoodley: @stevephillips78 @LukeMurphy89 ....... Will his mum move with him?â€

“@stevephillips78: @Conor_JBWoodley @LukeMurphy89 e only going to wolves so he can still live t home with his mum bless himâ€

Steve Phillips is Crewe's goalkeeping coach.

Bloody hell...so much good news in one day, surely this is some sort of dream?

I'll try to hold my happiness till he's pictured holding up a shirt with his name on it.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
If we're just talking about the front 5 I think we have a bit of room for manoeuvre. Give Bjorn any one of those 5 places and I'm convinced he'd master it. Perhaps we'll see something like this assuming all of the rumours we've heard so far are correct:

Hennessey

Davis - Murphy

Griffiths

Just off the top of my head we've got scope to work Jack Price in to compete with Murphy and Doumbia. Tongo will be back where he belongs and will be given the freedom to make the surging runs we enjoyed at the start of last season. We'll have a pleasant selection headache when Boukari finally returns from injury too as he could pick up either the central strike position or the two wide places. I think we might finally have worthwhile competition in our squad this season.

Yes, that could work.

Or even this:
................Hennessey

..............Davis - Murphy

........Griffo - Doumbia - Sigs

...................Casso

I have seen Griffo play wider and put in crosses quite a bit and Casso would give us a more physical goal-scoring presence to work around up top......I agree bout Sigs flexibility, other than an wide player (winger) in a central 4, he'd master anything.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't expect Doumbia to stay. In fact I'd happily see him go. I'd like BSS in the number 10 role.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hennessey

Davis - Murphy

Griffiths

Swap Siggy with Doumbia and new left mid thats the team for next season

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yes, that could work.

Or even this:
................Hennessey

..............Davis - Murphy

........Griffo - Doumbia - Sigs

...................Casso

I have seen Griffo play wider and put in crosses quite a bit and Casso would give us a more physical goal-scoring presence to work around up top......I agree bout Sigs flexibility, other than an wide player (winger) in a central 4, he'd master anything.

I'd personally build a side around Sigurdarson playing just off the striker. I think he would be wasted out wide (as would Griffiths who is a goalscorer). I'd go with:

Hennessey
Foley, Stearman, Batth, Ricketts
Murphy, Doumbia/Evans
Boukari, Sigurdarson, McAlinden
Griffiths

Subs: McCarey, Doherty, Margreitter, Davis, Ismail, Forde, Cassidy

Back
Top Bottom