Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luke Murphy?

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not heard a lot about him but write-up is encouraging

R

richiej95

Brilliant news, exactly the sort of player we need. Will be absolutely thrilled if we complete this signing.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
agreed -promising youngster -also played 200 games at this level (or thereabouts).

We need players on the way up - not down like the current crop.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seems to get goals from central midfield, who'd have thought that was possible!!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Would be an excellent signing if we could get him, though I'd imagine there will be interest from the Championship, possibly even the Premier League. We've really lacked a creative presence in midfield for a few years now, I think we all hoped O'Hara would be that, but it didn't work out. Murphy is an excellent player though, so I'd be very happy to see him sign for us.

B

Bankswolf II

Agreed according to sky sports what a great day this is

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yes! Been saying about him for the last 6 months. Would be a fantastic signing.

B

Brandons gramps

Wonder how Sky could possibly got wind of this? (cough cough Crewe cough)

"The terms tabled by Wolves are considered to be acceptable and it now remains to be seen whether a transfer scramble will be sparked."

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Would be brilliant, although I fear now that it is 'out there' a higher placed side will come in for him! Hope not though

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how Sky could possibly got wind of this? (cough cough Crewe cough)

"The terms tabled by Wolves are considered to be acceptable and it now remains to be seen whether a transfer scramble will be sparked."

probably is an element of that but i would like to think that the early bird could catch the worm in this case, we have made our interest apparent early so will hopefully benefit us

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I'll be ecstatic if we pull this off.
What a great day!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this would be a very McCarthy-esque signing. McCarthy used to bang on about getting in younger players, but ones who knew what it was to play regularly. Murphy has accrued a hell of a lot of game time for a 23 year old.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this would be a very McCarthy-esque signing. McCarthy used to bang on about getting in younger players, but ones who knew what it was to play regularly. Murphy has accrued a hell of a lot of game time for a 23 year old.

McCarthy would not have gone anywhere near him. He is a technically gifted young footballer, not a young workhorse.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarthy would not have gone anywhere near him. He is a technically gifted young footballer, not a young workhorse.

David Jones was 23 when signed him I think and he was hardly a grafter! Had experience of going up with Derby and did well for us after signing.

Thelwell and Webber will have rightly noted that our best period in recent years came when we identifying and signing up and coming players with something to prove and the appetite for proving themselves. I am not at all amazed we are going down the domestic route now, it's just a shame we are in the same league as Crewe!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seems like we are being linked to players like Murphy and Ricketts where nearly all of us are in agreement would be a positive step.

it seems like KJ knows what he is doing, and has already identified targets well before today

Lets hope he can get them in early, and have a pre-season with them.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
He takes the Penalties at Crewe doesn't he?

Great news this one, quality young experienced midfielder.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ on SSN soon apparently to discuss a 'bold move' in the transfer market. could be this or the 4 t/l players

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I text my mate whose Dad is a Crewe season ticket holder, so he knows a lot about them. I knew he'd be in work and wouldn't have been on Twitter/Sky Sports etc to see transfer news.

I simply asked how good is Luke Murphy? And he replied...

"Very good. Why? Championship player in the making, not quite ready for Prem yet though."

Then when I explained Wolves were after him he said...

"Would be a clever signing to aid promotion. He strolled around with ease in League One last year, scored a fair few goals, including the great one at Wembley. We were afraid he'd get a Prem move and not cut it straight away, so knowing that he was leaving, we were praying for someone like Forest to come in for him. You'll like him."

He's the most knowledgable person about football that I know personally.

Sign him please.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news if this is true. Would be a quality signing and at last a good central midfielder who can play football.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a fantastic signing. Over the moon if we get him!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd be a magnificent signing. I know more about Wallace at Tranmere than him but I've seen only glowing platitudes about him

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised I've not heard any whispers about this, in fact I'm surprised that it's been leaked to the press. To me it looks like an the work of an agent trying to give other clubs a heads up, both Crewe and Wolves are clubs that like to do business properly.

I've known him since he was a nipper, he grew up in the same village as me and my brother. He's an excellent footballer and a well adjusted young man, I'm sure he'll base his decision on more than just pound signs but I'd be surprised if he didn't step up to a higher level.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised I've not heard any whispers about this, in fact I'm surprised that it's been leaked to the press. To me it looks like an the work of an agent trying to give other clubs a heads up, both Crewe and Wolves are clubs that like to do business properly.

I've known him since he was a nipper, he grew up in the same village as me and my brother. He's an excellent footballer and a well adjusted young man, I'm sure he'll base his decision on more than just pound signs but I'd be surprised if he didn't step up to a higher level.

It's a big step up playing for Wolves !

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

Without sounding like wim a big club ay we, we are the only club in this division who have Premier League training facilities, Stadium and infrastructure.

We're starting a new project with a new manager that's going to be really exciting.in terms of draw and Despite the league position we've got to be a match for anyone outside the Championship.

Get him on the pitch at the Mol and it'll be a no brainier :D

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds promising indeed, In Jackett We Trust!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without sounding like wim a big club ay we, we are the only club in this division who have Premier League training facilities, Stadium and infrastructure.

We're starting a new project with a new manager that's going to be really exciting.in terms of draw and Despite the league position we've got to be a match for anyone outside the Championship.

Get him on the pitch at the Mol and it'll be a no brainier :D

I get you, I understand that in comparison to other clubs in this division we are a whole different league and to go from Crewe to Wolves is a big leap; however I've seen the clubs that have sent scouts to watch him and I know that Villa were very interested in the January window.

I'd love it if we got him, he's the kind of midfielder we haven't had in years and years. It kind of reminds me of when Turner started splashing the cash on Geoff Thomas, David Kelly et al, thinking we don't have a cat in hells chance before and then managing to pull it off.

B

BigBadWolf

Sounds like a promising player, I can't see him coming to Wolves though especially with some of the teams also reported to be interested (Swansea, Blackburn, Villa etc)

P

Paul76

Albion will probably sign him. Hope we get him though. It would be nice to get a midfielder who can pass a ball to a team mate.

D

Deleted member 4099

My friends son used to play for Crewe says his a lovely footballer with bags more potential.

Back
Top Bottom