Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loyalty!!!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found this on page 263 of the main forum.

How times change.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found this on page 263 of the main forum.

How times change.

Makes you laugh.

Why should supporting the team in championship under **** management be any different from supporting the team under nuno and Fosun .

Evidently people just want to go when we are winning. .

Loyalty points should be based on last 5/6 years

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Makes you laugh.

Why should supporting the team in championship under **** management be any different from supporting the team under nuno and Fosun .

Evidently people just want to go when we are winning. .

Loyalty points should be based on last 5/6 years

I said something similar to your last sentence on a wolves facebook page and got slaughtered

N

Northamptonwolf

Its always much harder to drag yourself to games in the bad times. That shouldnt be underestimated and should be rewarded which for me i am being now with no ticket worries at all during these good times

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the club but it’s entertainment not loyalty for me. If I stop enjoying it I wouldn’t go and pay my hard earned cash. This doesn’t mean just being successful it enjoyment.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the club but it’s entertainment not loyalty for me. If I stop enjoying it I wouldn’t go and pay my hard earned cash. This doesn’t mean just being successful it enjoyment.
I understand your reasons, fair enough mate. However, I'll admit that I stopped enjoying going & it did become a chore as sad as that sounds. But I kept going and so did my mates. Two years ago we had hundreds of seats around us in J9, in fact one and two years before that there was only really our lot plus a bloke with a vape and another fella who would mainly shout "come on" all of the time with an occasional "switch it". There's no way I'd like to go back to that period of double relegation even though league one was a good laugh. Amazing how far we've come. I just physically pinched myself. Up the Wolves.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm loyal because I've got **** all else to do on a Saturday and it's the only time me and my mates get to have a beer......

So we all got home and away ST's, we love each others company that much.

S

Southbank Ebanks

I’d love to know how much Morgan had to play in the sale to Fosun. Was he just looking for a buyer and we got lucky by getting one with huge ambitions, or did he hold out and wait for the right one with huge ambition to really take our club forward?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand your reasons, fair enough mate. However, I'll admit that I stopped enjoying going & it did become a chore as sad as that sounds. But I kept going and so did my mates. Two years ago we had hundreds of seats around us in J9, in fact one and two years before that there was only really our lot plus a bloke with a vape and another fella who would mainly shout "come on" all of the time with an occasional "switch it". There's no way I'd like to go back to that period of double relegation even though league one was a good laugh. Amazing how far we've come. I just physically pinched myself. Up the Wolves.
Under Jackett for League 1 and the return Championship season I massively regained interest.

Jacketts final season and especially under Lambert I was ready to pack it in, only the social aspect kept me going.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If your on this board your deserve some additional loyalty points, as every day we are talking wolves not just Saturday 3pm (Or could be any crazy times due to Sky) .

I shall start a campaign for any Mix members longer than 2 years to get 500 points

Those 30,000 that went to Chorley also get an additional 100 upon proof of being there

The man that fell through the roof at Scarborough 900

The man who climbed threw the window and shouted come on me babies an additional 1500

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loyal super fan bragging brigade bore me we have all been regulars when we can and we support the club. As far as I’m concerned if you go to every game fair play but some of us have other commitments.

We’re all loyal to Wolves that’s all that matters.

D

Deleted member 4594

The loyal super fan bragging brigade bore me we have all been regulars when we can and we support the club. As far as I’m concerned if you go to every game fair play but some of us have other commitments.

We’re all loyal to Wolves that’s all that matters.
Just seems a few thousand have less “other commitments” these days...

;)

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm always surprised fans resent or at least dislike the idea that more success brings more fans. It's human nature to be attracted to success. The big 6 don't get big crowds based on colours, name.or badge - at most this influences the choice made by those who are glory hunters. Yes, it would be great if crowds stayed the same irrespective of team results but if the results and performances are poor, other, less emotionally engaging activities become more attractive. A period of say 25 years out of the next 30 in the lower divisions would have a dramatic effect on crowds at Liverpool or Arsenal.
As.for loyalty points, yes some reward for those who followed us to League 1 (me sir), would be nice. But Fosun have an ambition to turn us into one of the world's top c!ubs. That won't happen by freezing out new support. I don't claim an answer on away tickets but basing it on the last 5 years effectively turns new AST purchases into a 'dead man's shoes scenario.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Loyalty’ is an interesting topic in that it opens up for a lot of debate about the definition. A bit like the ‘next level’ thread.

I bought a season ticket this season (yeah, I’m one of them) for the first time since 2010. My reasoning being buying it was reward for my ‘loyalty’ to the club over the last near 30 years of going to Molineux circa 10 times per season, not to mention numerous away days too (my prefered football day out) each season.

However, I’m stuck on 1100 points, not a cat in hell’s chance of getting to an away game. Despite going to Crawley, Stevenage, Port Vale, Swindon etc... in L1.

The added caveat is I live in London, have done my whole life, what’s a bit frustrating is there is zero reward for my ‘loyalty’ when I would argue my efforts to get to games, usually 15-20 per season all in, probably takes more effort than some (I’m not saying all!) STH that live nearby and just go to games that they can get to on foot or local public transport e.g. home games and then Villa, B’ham etc.

Not a dig at our local fan base, but think as stated previously on this thread, ‘loyalty’ certainly needs to factor in effort too.

D

Deleted member 5635

I was a season ticket holder from age 12-18 then played Saturday football at a decent standard. I always preferred to play than watch. I then had one 28-30 as I was injured. Now I choose my games because of work and I now have a new baby so will definitely limit my attendance.
Thinking about it I've only ever had a season ticket when we have been ****. I have been to 1 game so far which was Man city at home and I have also booked for Liverpool at home just before xmas which I am really excited about due to the amount of plastic scousers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If your on this board your deserve some additional loyalty points, as every day we are talking wolves not just Saturday 3pm (Or could be any crazy times due to Sky) .

I shall start a campaign for any Mix members longer than 2 years to get 500 points

Those 30,000 that went to Chorley also get an additional 100 upon proof of being there

The man that fell through the roof at Scarborough 900

The man who climbed threw the window and shouted come on me babies an additional 1500

:D

I'll have you know, I went to Scunny this week and demand an extra 3 points to cover my petrol and wear and tear on the vehicle ! ;)

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Loyalty’ is an interesting topic in that it opens up for a lot of debate about the definition. A bit like the ‘next level’ thread.

I bought a season ticket this season (yeah, I’m one of them) for the first time since 2010. My reasoning being buying it was reward for my ‘loyalty’ to the club over the last near 30 years of going to Molineux circa 10 times per season, not to mention numerous away days too (my prefered football day out) each season.

However, I’m stuck on 1100 points, not a cat in hell’s chance of getting to an away game. Despite going to Crawley, Stevenage, Port Vale, Swindon etc... in L1.

The added caveat is I live in London, have done my whole life, what’s a bit frustrating is there is zero reward for my ‘loyalty’ when I would argue my efforts to get to games, usually 15-20 per season all in, probably takes more effort than some (I’m not saying all!) STH that live nearby and just go to games that they can get to on foot or local public transport e.g. home games and then Villa, B’ham etc.

Not a dig at our local fan base, but think as stated previously on this thread, ‘loyalty’ certainly needs to factor in effort too.

GLOURY HUNTER SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!!!

No fully understand and sadly the price we pay for doing well, I do however think it will calm down in a season or 2 and away tickets will be more easier to get hold of.

In the mean time best sit back put the wireless on (or find a cough stream cough) and enjoy the boys doing well and get the see the highlights on football first match of the day.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Additional loyalty points should be awarded retrospectively based on the experience of the game itself.

Last minute winner away to West ham? No extra points.

Drab 0-0 away to Rotherham midweek? 50 extra points.

1-0 defeat away to 10- man Gillingham, with no shots on target? 250 extra points.

1-0 defeat away to Swindon in the pouring rain? 15,000 extra points.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm always surprised fans resent or at least dislike the idea that more success brings more fans. It's human nature to be attracted to success. The big 6 don't get big crowds based on colours, name.or badge - at most this influences the choice made by those who are glory hunters. Yes, it would be great if crowds stayed the same irrespective of team results but if the results and performances are poor, other, less emotionally engaging activities become more attractive. A period of say 25 years out of the next 30 in the lower divisions would have a dramatic effect on crowds at Liverpool or Arsenal.
As.for loyalty points, yes some reward for those who followed us to League 1 (me sir), would be nice. But Fosun have an ambition to turn us into one of the world's top c!ubs. That won't happen by freezing out new support. I don't claim an answer on away tickets but basing it on the last 5 years effectively turns new AST purchases into a 'dead man's shoes scenario.

Yep always been fluctuations in attendances depending on level of success but in days of yore most increases were from fans who could be recognised as football/Wolves fans who have been AWOL.

Today those increases are increasingly down to fans who follow the game for reasons other than local/football interest. That's where dislike/resentment kicks in especially considering how many ST/Entrance fee's to attend have disproportionately risen when so many make themselves millionaires on the back of it all.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its as much about the individual as opposed to loyalty. Ive had a season ticket since 2000 (in the same seat). Ive only ever considered not renewing at the end of the hoddle season as the football was atrocious and it really was sould destroying but i renewed anyway. Since then we have had incredible highs and lows but the main thing for me is the day out. Its the only time these days me and the lads i go up with really see each other for other commitments so its a social thing as much as anything else. There are really good friends i have made through wolves who i only see on a match day and when the season ends we dont see each other until the next season. It would take a hell of a lot for me to give it up now.

D

Deleted member 3518

I think its as much about the individual as opposed to loyalty. Ive had a season ticket since 2000 (in the same seat). Ive only ever considered not renewing at the end of the hoddle season as the football was atrocious and it really was sould destroying but i renewed anyway. Since then we have had incredible highs and lows but the main thing for me is the day out. Its the only time these days me and the lads i go up with really see each other for other commitments so its a social thing as much as anything else. There are really good friends i have made through wolves who i only see on a match day and when the season ends we dont see each other until the next season. It would take a hell of a lot for me to give it up now.

Echo that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I know is that over the years I've slogged to Molineux (and some away places, esp London) in the recent past from Norfolk, Wiltshire, Swansea and now Hull and I can't get an away ticket. Loyalty ends up with you just getting kicked in the balls.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I know is that over the years I've slogged to Molineux (and some away places, esp London) in the recent past from Norfolk, Wiltshire, Swansea and now Hull and I can't get an away ticket. Loyalty ends up with you just getting kicked in the balls.

I don't know what the answer is tbh, and yes there will be cases like yourself who've put the miles in over the years and then suddenly find themselves squeezed out. That's when you question the term "loyalty".
At least the majority who bought a Sheffield Wednesday ticket did show up for the game as I did have visions of a few hundred turnout with the rest sitting in their armchairs clutching their ten points.

D

Deleted member 3518

There's no perfect solution. Priority based on previous attendance will ultimately end up with an aging support. Not sure that distance should be a criterion or indeed years of support, if it did as a supporter who first attended in 1958 and a season ticket for God knows how many years and having lived over 110 miles away for the last 18 years would be guaranteed a ticket.

What's needed is a scheme that recognises "loyalty" but also allows the opportunity for younger fans to have the opportunity I did to indulge their love as I did and if that means I miss out then so be it. If any priority is to be given then it should be given to the younger generation IMHO

R

reanswolf

I think it should be based on the closest you have ever lived to the ground who get first priority as it shows just how much you love the club. I lived in Drummond Street,& it seems like a sensible and fair criteria to me.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did have to laugh at the ironic chant of ‘where were you when we were **** to Man City fans’

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Additional loyalty points should be awarded retrospectively based on the experience of the game itself.

Last minute winner away to West ham? No extra points.

Drab 0-0 away to Rotherham midweek? 50 extra points.

1-0 defeat away to 10- man Gillingham, with no shots on target? 250 extra points.

1-0 defeat away to Swindon in the pouring rain? 15,000 extra points.
1-1 draw at Vicarage Road with a deflected Kevin Cooper shot, our only shot on goal, trickling over the line, followed by 8 hours waiting to get my metro out of the Harlequin shopping centre car park back home through a blizzard - 15,001 extra points

Back
Top Bottom