Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loyalty!!!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does it mean ? Who falls into this category ? What point does it stop ? !!
I for one hate this word !! I hear it spouted by fans who say things like " I'm renewing because I'm loyal " " I'm renewing because you can't just stop supporting a team because they are going through a bad patch " ...
I know many fans who went through the 80s ( arguably our darkest period ) but won't go now because although they still love the club , they refuse to support the hierarchy, the 80s were no doubt awful but fans stuck together and fans and players had an understanding that's sadly lacking in this day and age ...
Fast forward 30 years we now live in an age where fans are just a cash cow and players have no realism of what the working mans life is about , we have a ceo who would like us to be a nice little middle class family club who again has no understanding of the working man and city of Wolverhampton , thousands have been alienated and seen through the lies and spin and many of those probably have offsprings who again the club have missed out on...
I have had season tickets for many years , even away ones but I've always understood why some don't go , I don't and never have considered myself anymore loyal than the next bloke , when I've been a die hard it's been through my own choice and circumstances ..
I won't support this hierarchy anymore , thats my decision because I simply don't enjoy going to games anymore , to me the life has been sucked out of the club and there's no togetherness whatsoever ..
The ones who decide to renew on the early fair play to you , that's also your choice but don't think for one second it makes you more of a wolves fan than myself or anyone else who chooses not to renew or hasn't been for a long time ..
My take on the word loyalty is you shove it where the son doesn't shine because it amounts to nothing !!!

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel that the dark period in the 80's is now looked at through tinted glasses.
The support for Wolves during those dark times nosedived to an all time low.
Many supporters did not stick together with Wolves they just stopped going.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like going to football, wolves is my team, it ain't rocket science where I'm gonna go to

The flip side is fans saying your helping Morgan and Moxey by attending!! No we ain't

We ain't that bad, ask the Blackpool Hereford or Chester fans what it's really like to be **** on from a great height

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the fans who still go and renew for next season should be commended for their continued support, and those of us who no longer wish to witness this tragedy should be respected for our opinion, we all still want the same thing.

Love Wolves, hate the mess they continually put us in

D

Deleted member 4257

Loyalty is used by the club to guilt trip us into buying season tickets.
Who is one person to judge another?
Fans who can afford to go will go and fans who cant wont.
Loyalty is a harsh way to judge support.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the fans who still go and renew for next season should be commended for their continued support, and those of us who no longer wish to witness this tragedy should be respected for our opinion, we all still want the same thing.

Loyalty is used by the club to guilt trip us into buying season tickets.
Who is one person to judge another?
Fans who can afford to go will go and fans who cant wont.
Loyalty is a harsh way to judge support.

Spot on you two :congrats:

E

Essex Wolf

Can't speak for others but loyalty I imagine means different things to different people just as disloyalty does so difficult question to answer because we have differing views and expectations.

Denpar

Groupie
Reaction score
1) The Club continues to fleece the fans for every last penny whilst providing us with a sub-standard product in nearly every department.

2) The Club is unwilling to pay the going rate for the right players whilst continuing to tell us of it's "aspirations".

3) Meanwhile, JM continues to rake in an obscene amount of money for what he does, and continues to tell the fans that they'll get their reward in heaven while he gets his here on earth. Doesn't this tell us all we need to know?

Am I being disloyal by voting with my feet and my protests, or am I showing tough-love in order to hopefully bring down this rancid regime? Yes, I do believe that M & M take the fans so-called loyalty towards the team as an endorsement of their stewardship, because we all know that it is in their very nature and that JM, in particular, will sieze upon anything for a positive spin.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4309

I'm not even renewing mine and my son's memberships. I got conned this year because my bank details changed because it went past its expiry date my auto renew didn't work so I lost out on 5 quid ticket cash after being a member since day one. They really couldn't care less about us fans

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm loyal to Wolves and have been for 50 years now but I can't see myself trekking to Molineux whilst the ownership situation lingers on pushing the club into further decline. I have no wish to give them any more of my pension. I had planned to go to Reading but instead will go to the Liberty to watch Swansea play Palace.

M

MonkeySpanner

The only effective way to show a club that it's lost touch with its supporters and that it is recognized by those supporters that the club is not being run properly is not to attend games or renew season tickets.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is my stance but I hate seeing the I'm more loyal than you mentality everywhere I look be it on here or Facebook groups !!!

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

It's ridiculous.

Most people I know stopped going over the last few years because it cost too much.

I was a regular away until the 2nd season in the Prem - I would be down the pub watching the game (every week had a stream) for a fraction of the ridiculous price.

And now I know more people who won't go because of Moxey and the boards lack of interest in making us competitive.

However whether you don't go out of price or protest at the way we are run one thing remains - the love of the Wolves. Just because you don't go every week doesn't make you less passionate.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on well said

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel that the dark period in the 80's is now looked at through tinted glasses.
The support for Wolves during those dark times nosedived to an all time low.
Many supporters did not stick together with Wolves they just stopped going.

Many supporters stopped going in the 80's temporarily as they wouldnt put money in the Bhattis pockets, but their love for the club remained and in my view there was no long term damage caused by the Bhattis because their period of control was too short and our rise back from the brink was legendary stuff.

Many supporters have stopped or are stopping now because of the current regime which has been sucking the life out of the club over a long period due to their ineptitude, incompetence and contempt. They have also been aided and abetted by Sky and their constant rearranged matches, the FA and their international breaks with too many midweek games and far too few traditional saturday afternoon games. I personally think the current regime have done damage to the fan base of the club that will never be recovered.

The Bhattis never made me want to stay away from Molineux. Jez Moxey has succeeded where the Bhattis failed. I'm looking forward to being liberated from my season ticket but I wont be able to stay away completely.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funnily enough I've been pondering the concept of being a loyal fan myself over the last few days...

For the first time in my 17 seasons or so of having it I'm properly questioning & strongly erring against renewing my ST & it's on my mind as to whether this me waivering on my loyalty to supporting Wolves.

Since having my ST I've renewed pretty much automatically & taken the early bird each time it's been offered as I know this will guarantee me the best deal.

The conclusion I've gotten to is that I've always loved going to the Wolves & have had a season ticket because it's something I love doing - an element that helps define part of who I am. However, I'm now finding myself significantly less passionate & less interested in watching the team & following their progress. I'm honestly not sure if this is a sign of the current times of what it's like to be a Wolves fan or is it just a natural progression for anybody who has been going reguarly for this number of years and with a natural change in personal circumstances as one's life progresses (particuarly in the current times of numerously & ridiculously rescheduled match times/dates)

Wolves will always be my team so I'm loyal in that respect & when my children get to the stage when they want to start watching football I'd love us all to have STs so i can share their journey as a fan and & ensure that Wolves blood keeps flowing in the family.

On this concept of loyalty...I will say that it has to work two ways as if one party is blindly loyal to another, they usually wake up to it at some point in time. After much pondering - & again I'm not sure - if as a Wolves fan I'm now adopting the reciprocate mindset of having been treated like a customer for too many years (rather than a fan) or is this just how other clubs tend to treat their followers in current times.

I've not really monitored what it's like following other clubs & so don't know how we compare, but it certainly feels like Wolves just continue to get so many things wrong......particularly ticket pricing & other things such as devaluing & recycling what used to be a straight forward 10% cash discount in the club shop for STHs.

A lot of teams go through hard times on the pitch (harder than ours) & are required to adopt a self-financing culture in the way that we seem to have to. However, what really sticks in my belly as a Wolves fan is the BS spin that has been trotted out by the club to fans for too many years now.....whether this be Moxey rolling out that we'll properly replace Sako & not appoint a novice manager in the PL....or Jackett telling us that we've sold our best defender for footballing reasons... Unfortunatley this ongoing tactic of spin/BS by various members of the club's higher archy is not one that we will continue to fall for forever & it's fair to say we are now well past the point of it's expiry date.

So as for loyalty....Wolves will always be my team, I will never change my colours in that respect. However I'm now at the point where I will start supporting the club on my terms & at my convenience. I will no longer blindly renew my season ticket & so as to be a slave to & "contracted" to attending. If this in some people's eyes make me disloyal as a fan then so be it.

If in the close season - or at any point in time - I get a season ticket again it will be because it's something I want to do & because it works for me and not, I'm afraid, out of feeling obligated to do so as a loyal fan.

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1) The Club continues to fleece the fans for every last penny whilst providing us with a sub-standard product in nearly every department.

2) The Club is unwilling to pay the going rate for the right players whilst continuing to tell us of it's "aspirations".

3) Meanwhile, JM continues to rake in an obscene amount of money for what he does, and continues to tell the fans that they'll get their reward in heaven while he gets his here on earth. Doesn't this tell us all we need to know?

Am I being disloyal by voting with my feet and my protests, or am I showing tough-love in order to hopefully bring down this rancid regime? Yes, I do believe that M & M take the fans so-called loyalty towards the team as an endorsement of their stewardship, because we all know that it is in their very nature and that JM, in particular, will sieze upon anything for a positive spin.
Spot on

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funnily enough I've been pondering the concept of being a loyal fan myself over the last few days...

For the first time in my 17 seasons or so of having it I'm properly questioning & strongly erring against renewing my ST & it's on my mind as to whether this me waivering on my loyalty to supporting Wolves.

Since having my ST I've renewed pretty much automatically & taken the early bird each time it's been offered as I know this will guarantee me the best deal.

The conclusion I've gotten to is that I've always loved going to the Wolves & have had a season ticket because it's something I love doing - an element that helps define part of who I am. However, I'm now finding myself significantly less passionate & less interested in watching the team & following their progress. I'm honestly not sure if this is a sign of the current times of what it's like to be a Wolves fan or is it just a natural progression for anybody who has been going reguarly for this number of years and with a natural change in personal circumstances as one's life progresses (particuarly in the current times of numerously & ridiculously rescheduled match times/dates)

Wolves will always be my team so I'm loyal in that respect & when my children get to the stage when they want to start watching football I'd love us all to have STs so i can share their journey as a fan and & ensure that Wolves blood keeps flowing in the family.

On this concept of loyalty...I will say that it has to work two ways as if one party is blindly loyal to another, they usually wake up to it at some point in time. After much pondering - & again I'm not sure - if as a Wolves fan I'm now adopting the reciprocate mindset of having been treated like a customer for too many years (rather than a fan) or is this just how other clubs tend to treat their followers in current times.

I've not really monitored what it's like following other clubs & so don't know how we compare, but it certainly feels like Wolves just continue to get so many things wrong......particularly ticket pricing & other things such as devaluing & recycling what used to be a straight forward 10% cash discount in the club shop for STHs.

A lot of teams go through hard times on the pitch (harder than ours) & are required to adopt a self-financing culture in the way that we seem to have to. However, what really sticks in my belly as a Wolves fan is the BS spin that has been trotted out by the club to fans for too many years now.....whether this be Moxey rolling out that we'll properly replace Sako & not appoint a novice manager in the PL....or Jackett telling us that we've sold our best defender for footballing reasons... Unfortunatley this ongoing tactic of spin/BS by various members of the club's higher archy is not one that we will continue to fall for forever & it's fair to say we are now well past the point of it's expiry date.

So as for loyalty....Wolves will always be my team, I will never change my colours in that respect. However I'm now at the point where I will start supporting the club on my terms & at my convenience. I will no longer blindly renew my season ticket & so as to be a slave to & "contracted" to attending. If this in some people's eyes make me disloyal as a fan then so be it.

If in the close season - or at any point in time - I get a season ticket again it will be because it's something I want to do & because it works for me and not, I'm afraid, out of feeling obligated to do so as a loyal fan.
Excellent post.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3518

Many supporters stopped going in the 80's temporarily as they wouldnt put money in the Bhattis pockets, but their love for the club remained and in my view there was no long term damage caused by the Bhattis because their period of control was too short and our rise back from the brink was legendary stuff.

Many supporters have stopped or are stopping now because of the current regime which has been sucking the life out of the club over a long period due to their ineptitude, incompetence and contempt. They have also been aided and abetted by Sky and their constant rearranged matches, the FA and their international breaks with too many midweek games and far too few traditional saturday afternoon games. I personally think the current regime have done damage to the fan base of the club that will never be recovered.

The Bhattis never made me want to stay away from Molineux. Jez Moxey has succeeded where the Bhattis failed. I'm looking forward to being liberated from my season ticket but I wont be able to stay away completely.

Brilliant post and exactly where I'm at, never missed a game home or away under the Bhattis, but now seek the same liberation.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Great post mate

E

Edgmond Wolf

This needs printing out and given to Bully, the only one who might listen

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty ! Usually expected from the more subservient towards the more powerful. Loyalty is earned as is respect , certainly in this country, which is what makes us great.

H

hindheadwolves

I just don't get the complete aggression to M&M.

Morgan for me has done a lot of good for the club and I think if he had a drink with Sir Jack, Sir jack might suggest he had stuffed up after Liverpool, when he sacked Mick etc but overall has tried to do what he promised Sir Jack he would. He has tried to get too invoved in running the club and realised that it is not as easy as building houses and that it is not his club it is ours.

Moxey for me has kept our heads above water. He was against sacking Mick when we did but must take blame for Solbakken and Saunders. The appointments of Mick, DJ and Jacket though were all good. His fault is loyalty and caused him to keep Mick for too long and I think he should have initiated a change at the end of last season from Jacket. I am a convert to having the right manager for the right league.

This season has served to prove the latter point. The apparent lack of ability of Jackett to motivate and organise a championship team is resulting in a significant drop in fan "enjoyment" this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Morgan for me has done a lot of good for the club and I think if he had a drink with Sir Jack, Sir jack might suggest he had stuffed up after Liverpool, when he sacked Mick etc but overall has tried to do what he promised Sir Jack he would. He has tried to get too invoved in running the club and realised that it is not as easy as building houses and that it is not his club it is ours.

Moxey for me has kept our heads above water. He was against sacking Mick when we did but must take blame for Solbakken and Saunders. The appointments of Mick, DJ and Jacket though were all good. His fault is loyalty and caused him to keep Mick for too long and I think he should have initiated a change at the end of last season from Jacket. I am a convert to having the right manager for the right league.

This season has served to prove the latter point. The apparent lack of ability of Jackett to motivate and organise a championship team is resulting in a significant drop in fan "enjoyment" this season.

Stop drinking and go to bed

D

Deleted member 4594

People are now arguing Morgan and Moxey are worse than the Bhattis? With a straight face?
I sometimes show this forum to my mates in the pub. Usually gets a response of either bewilderment or laughter.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score

That is an absolutely fantastic post and sums up my feelings exactly.

There are many different factors which determine whether people attend games or not (financial/geographical etc) however at this moment in time, with the depth of ill feeling towards the people running the club, the only way that we have of really making a stand is by not renewing our season tickets. It's our way of saying that this is not ok and we will not continue being taken for a ride.

Otherwise we can continue to moan in the pubs and on online message boards but along as there as 13/14k who the club can depend on to renew their season tickets regardless of circumstance, they become complacent and there is nothing there to drive change.

I for one am intrigued to see how this plays out over the next 6/7 months.

D

Deleted member 4309

People are now arguing Morgan and Moxey are worse than the Bhattis? With a straight face?
I sometimes show this forum to my mates in the pub. Usually gets a response of either bewilderment or laughter.

Stop showing him your posts then. :D

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hello my first post!

Fair play to those who renew. I think this is a hard time for club and the fans.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty. Most fans posting on here are very loyal.So if given the choice of a collapse and rebirth of this club would you be prepared to see us implode and end up in Division two for a couple of years, if it meant Morgan and Moxey gave up and left .

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty. Most fans posting on here are very loyal.So if given the choice of a collapse and rebirth of this club would you be prepared to see us implode and end up in Division two for a couple of years, if it meant Morgan and Moxey gave up and left .

Of course we could implode, drop down a few divisions and still have those 2 $$$$$$$s running the place.

D

Deleted member 4309

Loyalty can mean so many things to different people. Some on here believe you have to have a season ticket to be loyal yet they don't go to away games. So in other posters eyes they are not loyal because they don't go to away games. It's all a big ego trip if you ask me. Loyalty in my view is how we feel when we win or lose, I think so many on here are only so fed up because how much we all love our great club. Take loyalty with a pinch of salt

M

Moaney Moar Wolves

Top post. Too much hatred against people no one knows really.

T

Tatter306

I imagine we are all loyal Wolves fans. We'll have been born Wolves or have become a Wolf at a very early age and we'll die Wolves.

We'll never have another club we care about as deeply and as passionately as Wolves and whether we live on the doorstep of Molineux our whole lives or travel to seven continents a bit of our heart will always be in WV1.

It isn't loyalty that makes you buy a season ticket though.

It isn't loyalty that makes you knock off work early to make an evening kick off at the other end of the country or only book your holidays in the off season.

It isn't loyalty that sees Saturday after Saturday spent travelling to and watching matches when the other half would prefer you were putting up shelves or mowing the lawn.

What makes us do those things is that we bloody love it.

Now if you, like so many fans that have come before you and will come after you have got to a stage in your life where you don't enjoy it anymore then the answer is simple. Stop.

No one will think you less loyal, less committed maybe but no less loyal, and the rest of us will carry on without you but please, don't try to tell us that you're doing it for the good of the club because you ain't.

You're doing it for the good of you because you no longer enjoy it.

F

FLEET WOLF

I imagine we are all loyal Wolves fans. We'll have been born Wolves or have become a Wolf at a very early age and we'll die Wolves.

We'll never have another club we care about as deeply and as passionately as Wolves and whether we live on the doorstep of Molineux our whole lives or travel to seven continents a bit of our heart will always be in WV1.

It isn't loyalty that makes you knock off work early to make an evening kick off at the other end of the country or only book your holidays in the off season.

It isn't loyalty that sees Saturday after Saturday spent travelling to and watching matches when the other half would prefer you were putting up shelves or mowing the lawn.

Now if you, like so many fans that have come before you and will come after you have got to a stage in your life where you don't enjoy it anymore then the answer is simple. Stop.

No one will think you less loyal, less committed maybe but no less loyal, and the rest of us will carry on without you but please, don't try to tell us that you're doing it for the good of the club because you ain't.

Very well said.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Good post Tatter, a stop and think definition of loyalty.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nicely put....

Now come on Wolves make us bloody love it again soon......

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well according to the Dictionary,Loyal=Faithful,true to allegiance.Loyalty=constancy.Take that how you want,but to me although i am not a happy bunny,i have to support the players on the field.I always say i am not going to renew on the early bird,but have always done it in the end.So being i am constant with having my season ticket,does that mean i am loyal ?. I never think i am a better supporter than someone who only goes now and again,i don't have far to travel,i can catch the 7-15 bus to town on night matches and still get there with plenty of time.That does not make me a better supporter just because i live close to ground.I applaud the many fans that travel many miles every home game,especially with the way we are playing at the moment,perhaps they are more loyal than I.? i don't really know the answer,but everyone has the choice to attend the games OR stay away because they don't like the way we are being run,and who can blame them.I certainly wont.

L

long ball man

This is correct. Because of the nature of the game - money, chiefly,I think the most appropraite response in the 80s was 'loyalty' in terms of attending the game when the club/team needed us most. Fast forward 30 years I think 'loyalty' is best expressed by not going to Molineux...the club has hijacked and tried to commercialise 'loyalty' 'Forever we are wolves etc'. Not for me.

D

Deleted member 4023

Loyalty - let me put it this way:
All my family are Bolton Fans & hate me with a passion which is mutual. During my time watching Wolves I suppose the highlights would be the playoff final at the millennium & our 4 brief seasons in the premier league. Poor old bolton meanwhile during the same period have had a couple of fa cup semi final apperances, 2 league cup final appearances, european football, about 12 seasons in the prem (including 2 top ten finishes) & seen loads of decent players & they say with all their debt we still can't beat em. But I'm still here & will be long after jez & morgan have left our great club. We must have killed/tortured a black cat to be plagued with the luck we seem to get.
and yes before anyone asks, i did go to all the chorley games - :D

Back
Top Bottom