Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lowest Amount of Goals Scored since 1922!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth bearing in mind we will have played far less games in 2021 than we have in virtually every calendar year since 1922

We've played a grand total of 4 calendar years in back to back 38 game seasons. The rest will have been either 46 or 42 game seasons so we're likely a good 10+ games down on a typical year league wise.

Add to that an FA cup 3rd round exit and just the two games in the Caribao in 2021

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth bearing in mind we will have played far less games in 2021 than we have in virtually every calendar year since 1922

We've played a grand total of 4 calendar years in back to back 38 game seasons. The rest will have been either 46 or 42 game seasons so we're likely a good 10+ games down on a typical year league wise.

Add to that an FA cup 3rd round exit and just the two games in the Caribao in 2021
Also worth bearing in mind that at the start of 2021 we'd only played 16 league games due to the late start in 2020. So we've played 45 games in total I think in 2021 and scored 42. Eight from five in cups, 34 from 40 in the league

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True but this stat reinforces and supports all the supposed 'negative' comments on here over the past 12-18 months. Some/many of us on here have been critical of our mf and attacking options for over a year now; it's a shame Fosum obviously don't feel it's an issue. We are terrible to watch and Lage has not been able to change this at all. In his defence he has transformed Coady into a top defender and has to be applauded for playing Kilman and also rapidly turning him into our best and most consistent player. Our defence has got us to 8th in the league, which is remarkable, considering we don't score. I don't expect any incomings in January so we will stick with what we have and wait with baited breath till the summer.
To be fair, we weren’t terrible to watch the first 3 games. In fact, we were pretty much all surprised and pleased with the new style of Bruno. Shed loads of shots/attempts at goal but the usual inability to score. The goals will come, Bruno assured us, but the goals didn’t come.

Bruno went more defensive after the Brentford loss with our defence showing big improvements from last season. Joint 2nd best defensive record in the PL to date, I think. Which is a bit ironic given that Bruno was brought in to improve our attacking play!

It’s now an often dull watch with, at times, hardly any ambition to score with a ‘backs to the wall’ tactic employed against the bigger teams. After so much very early promise I can’t see this particular team ever evolving into a 45+ goals a season team. Lucky if we get 30+.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom