Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lost interest

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here. I'm only in Sheffield so much easier than when I was in Essex (Colchester then Southend) and before that Norfolk and skint, which was a ball ache. It's the cost of of the whole evening (at least £40 all in) plus the effort to get to a home game that's put me off this one. If I'm being completely honest though, if it was an FA Cup tie, milk cup semi or any away treat I'd probably be there if I could... embarrassing but true!

If I was back in Brum or lived locally I'd be there.
I used to when I could and was young enough to not have to worry about when I got back home but these days it's impossible with family and work, still... didn't miss any of the Europa games.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I’ve missed attending football for the last 18 months

Because no matter what I will support the wolves. Could be a cold Tuesday night agaist Grimsby and would still be there.

Remove Saturday and we’ve played well the 2 other home games

Chance to see some new player and younger one.

Give Harry Kane abuse

£15 a ticket. Can not even buy a decent steak down the pub

Chance to boost Loalty points

Don’t want to spend a evening with the wife

That enough

Stop attention seeking

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a pathetic thread. For reasons I won’t go into I CAN’T go tomorrow and haven’t been at all this season. I would absolutely love to be there. You support the side through thick and thin. If you can go you go. Simple as that.
I can't go tomorrow I'm a sth too. Just putting it out there as is required lol.
I've actually broke my toe( tbh it's true)and I'm struggling to get about . am watching it on a stream tomorrow if I can find one .

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a pathetic thread. For reasons I won’t go into I CAN’T go tomorrow and haven’t been at all this season. I would absolutely love to be there. You support the side through thick and thin. If you can go you go. Simple as that.
not as pathetic as you, "supporting the the side through thick and thin" grow up lad, a lot thick not much thin.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't be bothered to watch us play against Spurs to see the inevitable 18 missed chances then rely on Traore to conjure up an assist on the right-wing only for him to overhit the ball by 50 yards. Convince me that I should.
After Saturday I can understand one night off, but one only!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe me, compared to Tommy Doc or Sammy Chapman the Hoddle era was a walk in the park...
I can’t agree with this. Doc and Chapman had no resources, Hoddle did and bought Fran ****ing Kowski! Hoddle served up the most abysmal football whilst trying to sell it as the Emperor’s new clothes. Doc was a prat, Hoddle a ****!

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't be bothered to watch us play against Spurs to see the inevitable 18 missed chances then rely on Traore to conjure up an assist on the right-wing only for him to overhit the ball by 50 yards. Convince me that I should.
can't be bothered mate go and watch the baggies

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread and the We're Going Down Thread at the weekend are 2 reasons why I've "lost interest" in spending as much time on this forum as I used to.
Agree, why people are quick to post negativity and are nowhere to be seen when the going is good is beyond me.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars". Oscar Wild

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who says Saturday was the worst they’ve ever seen! Give up talking bull**** or go get a different hobby. We tried and tried it just want good. It was 20 times better than Burnley at home last season

Really? I happened to notice that Brentford put the ball in our net four times, so in what way was Saturday 20 times better than Burnley at home last April?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? I happened to notice that Brentford put the ball in our net four times, so in what way was Saturday 20 times better than Burnley at home last April?
Well as we only lost 2-0? Or do we get points for the disallowed goals vs Leicester Liverpool or get a penalty shoot out for the disallowed goal versus Man Utd?

Versus Burnley we barely ventured out of our own half, on Saturday we were camped in the Brentford half long before they went down to ten. You can peddle a myth that somehow we weren’t but I was there and we definitely were

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously this is an attention seeking thread but I have been feeling like this myself for a while.
I've been to 99% of home and away games since 2003 and the last couple of years I've been losing the love tbh.
I know this was Nunoball but we were in Europe at the time as well but even since we've been back this season something doesn't feel 'there' to me.
It's really odd

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well as we only lost 2-0? Or do we get points for the disallowed goals vs Leicester Liverpool or get a penalty shoot out for the disallowed goal versus Man Utd?

Versus Burnley we barely ventured out of our own half, on Saturday we were camped in the Brentford half long before they went down to ten. You can peddle a myth that somehow we weren’t but I was there and we definitely were
Well, both games resulted in the same outcome - zero points - both were embarrassing and both showcased our complete inability to fashion decent chances and score against limited and physical time-wasting opponents. The fact that Brentford were down to 10 men for the last thirty-five odd minutes, and we had a forward line of six by the end of the match and still couldn't get a shot on target, for me more than makes up the small difference that Burnley only had one strike ruled out (registering 4 out of 5 in the onion bag), whereas Brentford 'only' had two (out of 4 in the onion bag) that counted, and I just can't see how Saturday's ****show can be considered 20 times better than the Burnley debacle, but each to their own, eh?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, both games resulted in the same outcome - zero points - both were embarrassing and both showcased our complete inability to fashion decent chances and score against limited and physical time-wasting opponents. The fact that Brentford were down to 10 men for the last thirty-five odd minutes, and we had a forward line of six by the end of the match and still couldn't get a shot on target, for me more than makes up the small difference that Burnley only had one strike ruled out (registering 4 out of 5 in the onion bag), whereas Brentford 'only' had two (out of 4 in the onion bag) that counted, and I just can't see how Saturday's ****show can be considered 20 times better than the Burnley debacle, but each to their own, eh?
Tell you what best you don’t go eh

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Iv lost interest I still go all our league games home and away and will watch tomorrow if it is online................. Iv lost passion though I really have I feel like it’s a beer excuse the glory days of Torino away are well and truly over..

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not as pathetic as you, "supporting the the side through thick and thin" grow up lad, a lot thick not much thin.
Haha. If there was as much thick as you think lad then there would be 50,000 locked out. Don’t be late for school lad. Honestly if you gonna call someone pathetic then get the statement right your trying to use. Haha.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha. If there was as much thick as you think lad then there would be 50,000 locked out. Don’t be late for school lad. Honestly if you gonna call someone pathetic then get the statement right your trying to use. Haha.
We are meant to support the club lads not against each other

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But shirley they both had their onions in jars.

Ok I'm gonna try and get back to sleep. :confused:

Stingray II

Reaction score
If one loses interest in a thing, one discards it.
If one loses interest in Wolves, one will never visit this forum (or any Wolves site) to post, or lurk.
Nobody posting or lurking on this thread (including OP) has lost interest in Wolves. Those who have lost interest, we no longer see or hear from.

So why the thread title? A pun, a misunderstanding, or a perhaps just a hurt, emotional outburst aimed at the club that we love. I'm guessing the latter. Before the internet, after a bad defeat, we used to say to each other "why do I bother going?" and slag the team off, but we were back next game and nobody had a record of the things we said in the moment that later looked silly.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I will never lose interest but for me I think we have hit our peak with the current ownership. Otherwise this season was a golden opportunity to strengthen which we did not do , the last two seasons were opportunities to expand the stadium and it never happened.

Every fan sees things differently but the obvious mistakes make us look poorly run . Yes we are in the premier league but we are just making the numbers up with about 10/12 other teams . Yes we knew it would be hard to try and break the top 6 but you tell me as it stands a half decent player looks at us , Villa, West Ham, Everton . I think we would be 3rd/4th choice at present for that player . 2 seasons ago we would have been number one . The reasons for that are we have not moved the club forward at all. And if someone says FFP well Jeff himself said that this was not the reason this window .

Fosun see more money in record labels and video games. they probably will see profit from that but quality players on the pitch is what moves the club forward . I don't see Barnet getting in the semi/ final of the FA cup for instance. But I can see Man City probably doing it or Liverpool . Because they have quality in their team and squad .

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If one loses interest in a thing, one discards it.
If one loses interest in Wolves, one will never visit this forum (or any Wolves site) to post, or lurk.
Nobody posting or lurking on this thread (including OP) has lost interest in Wolves. Those who have lost interest, we no longer see or hear from.

So why the thread title? A pun, a misunderstanding, or a perhaps just a hurt, emotional outburst aimed at the club that we love. I'm guessing the latter. Before the internet, after a bad defeat, we used to say to each other "why do I bother going?" and slag the team off, but we were back next game and nobody had a record of the things we said in the moment that later looked silly.

I've lost interest in this thread

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are quite a few Wolves fans where their passion increases the worse they play (probably myself included). Did we not lose 6-0 at home to Southampton and the fans really got behind the team the worse it got?!

Crikey - just watched it...

I have that many scars from watching Wolves over the past 35 years, I’d forgotten
how some of them came to be there. Thanks for reminding me about one of them. :confounded:

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell you what best you don’t go eh

Odd response. I'm not the poster that started the thread, nor have I said that I agree with the point they made. Also, I'll be making the journey to Southampton on Sunday to support the lads, so I've hardly given up on us as some suggest here they're inclined to at present. Still doesn't change my view that Saturday's performance/result against Brentford was on a par with the performance/result against Burnley in April. Why that view supposedly translates for you as 'best you don't go' only you can know though I guess.

Back
Top Bottom