Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't bring people in to join me, with them changing the course of their own careers because of me. And yes, part of me was a little upset because whilst a job is a job and you have a short career and amount of time to make the impact you want to make, you will inevitably feel remorse that you're not finishing the job you hoped you would.
Perhaps if he cared so much about those people he’d brought in with him (one of which being his son), he might have tried to work within the parameters presented to him, rather than leaving everyone high and dry at the first sight of adversity.

I know one thing, if I’d been part of his team and relocated myself and my family to a foreign land only to have to leave after less than 6 months, I wouldn’t be rushing to follow him again

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure you want to circle back to that, fella? I'd leave that well alone and hope people forget it if I were in your shoes.
Why? You’ve proved nothing. Other than that you think HIS words were misinterpreted which is your OPINION. I merely pointed out that two interviews HE did he either contradicted himself at best or LIED at worse

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Perhaps if he cared so much about those people he’d brought in with him (one of which being his son), he might have tried to work within the parameters presented to him, rather than leaving everyone high and dry at the first sight of adversity.

I know one thing, if I’d been part of his team and relocated myself and my family to a foreign land only to have to leave after less than 6 months, I wouldn’t be rushing to follow him again
Yes, you'd think all these top professionals who surely must know him better than anyone would have noticed they're working for a duplicitous snake by now....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, you'd think all these top professionals who surely must know him better than anyone would have noticed they're working for a duplicitous snake by now....
I don’t know a) if they are top professionals or b) how long they’ve worked for him or at different clubs so can’t comment.

My point remains though if I got offered a job abroad with my boss and he quit after 6 months, I’d not be following him again

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? You’ve proved nothing. Other than that you think HIS words were misinterpreted which is your OPINION. I merely pointed out that two interviews HE did he either contradicted himself at best or LIED at worse
That will be the forum to decide, I suppose. I suspect you will be an island of one who believes they agreed to part ways at the start of the pre-season, then Matt Hobbs inexplicably took it on himself to change the story so that they agreed to part ways in the tunnel after Celtic instead. Occam's Razor...

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
I can't see how anyone can exception with Lop that he left, I've seen comparisons with Hoddle (ridiculous) and people being very jealous about any settlement he may or may not have received.

The truth was he was lied to and left his employer because of it, I've had that exact situation and I left too, you don't expect someone who has a value in the marketplace to work like that.

In terms of what he did in his time, well he saved us from the certain relegation we were facing and, without a shadow of a doubt, he would have us doing better than we are now. His replacement is some sort of Caretaker Manager who is looking more and more like a rabbit caught in the headlights of freight train which has no intention of easing off.

I don't care how he left, I care why he left - and thats because we are a **** show...

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I don’t know a) if they are top professionals or b) how long they’ve worked for him or at different clubs so can’t comment.

My point remains though if I got offered a job abroad with my boss and he quit after 6 months, I’d not be following him again
Pablo Sanz - assistant manager in his last 4 jobs

Oscar Caro - fitness coach in his last 4 jobs

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No they defo wont follow JL because a poster on the Mix said he wouldn't do so.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They will be getting a lot of pay offs, working with Lopetegui.
Nothing better than getting paid for work you don't have to do. Especially when you will be earning a fortune.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
They will be getting a lot of pay offs, working with Lopetegui.
Nothing better than getting paid for work you don't have to do. Especially when you will be earning a fortune.
Was waiting for that analysis! All just part of a scam, I mean you'd think it would be more widely known by now - can't fault your efforts to publicise it.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they defo wont follow JL because a poster on the Mix said he wouldn't do so.
I’m sorry I wouldn’t uproot my family for 6 months to a foreign country to then be back out of work. How mental of me to put my family first.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see how anyone can exception with Lop that he left, I've seen comparisons with Hoddle (ridiculous) and people being very jealous about any settlement he may or may not have received.

The truth was he was lied to and left his employer because of it, I've had that exact situation and I left too, you don't expect someone who has a value in the marketplace to work like that.

In terms of what he did in his time, well he saved us from the certain relegation we were facing and, without a shadow of a doubt, he would have us doing better than we are now. His replacement is some sort of Caretaker Manager who is looking more and more like a rabbit caught in the headlights of freight train which has no intention of easing off.

I don't care how he left, I care why he left - and thats because we are a **** show...

Well said

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I’m sorry I wouldn’t uproot my family for 6 months to a foreign country to then be back out of work. How mental of me to put my family first.
No, so here's the thing, the likely outcome is that he's got them paid until Christmas, by which time he'll be back in work in the Prem and they'll be with him. Check with @Stourport wolf , they're fine, they're part of the conspiracy!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if he was Pinocchio as some are labelling him...We certainly are a lot worse OFF without him as a football team ...we might be better OFF financially but that was ONLY concern fosun had in the summer ......
Are we though? For me this is still up for debate.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse wolves performance than Brighton away. People pretend everything was alright when we had midtable form at best, and there were some rather worrying signs at the end of last season that could supposedly only be solved with a fat wad of cash. Now suddenly that isn't the case and we're underachieving under a Saundersesque idiot. It doesn't quite all add up to me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’re absolutely right he’s well within his right to leave but perhaps leave all the “crying” and “I’ll always be a little wolf” antics well alone. That makes it sound like it was an emotional decision when it’s clearly a professional one.

I still maintain and this is purely MY opinion, if he cared as much as he’s tried to make out in his latest bleat at the press he could have stayed and fought. Ultimately I don’t think anyone can deny he didn’t want to do that because he didn’t stay.

I haven’t compared him to hoddle (I didn’t see who did) but again personal opinion here but in my mind he had one similar trait to Hoddle, they both thought they were better than the club that employed them. For all his chest fist pumping at the end of the season at the south bank he always looked a manager who would have jumped ship had a “big six” come knocking. Again that’s a slight criticism because you can say that about lots of managers and players.

I like JL, I wanted him as manager and I rate him. However from his first interview at the end of the season to is interview today he’s used the media to his own ends especially his little lap dog Ballague and whilst he’s potentially an elite level manager I don’t expect elite level managers to behave that way.

There’s no argument from me that Fosun caused this by not backing him how he wanted (how we all wanted) but this whole scenario where he’s done nothing wrong, I can’t agree with.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry but why are comparisons with Hoddle ridiculous? Big manager, big reputation, left us due to a proclaimed lack of ambition. Hoddle had nowhere near as much backing as Lopetegui had. The comparisons are fair for me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, so here's the thing, the likely outcome is that he's got them paid until Christmas, by which time he'll be back in work in the Prem and they'll be with him. Check with @Stourport wolf , they're fine, they're part of the conspiracy!
I think that’s a “time will tell” situation. Whilst I’m sure any prospective employer would undoubtedly (rightly) look and concentrate on his performance favourably, I doubt any employer would be overly joyed at how his exit has gone at wolves. Wolves acted poorly but so has he.

I’m not sure where his next job comes. It’s definitely not a Burnley, Sheff utd, Luton. The likes of Brentford aren’t sacking their manager and wouldn’t afford him. Maybe a Everton (though they’re in worse shape than us as a club) or Fulham. I don’t see him being a big enough name for the big 6. I imagine he fancies himself for a left field appointment in Chelsea if they keep going as they are (Poch shouldn’t go but the owners are crazy) or Newcastle though I’m sure the latter will go for a big name next.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is absolutely right though.

Really? Given by then he had already told the club he was unhappy (and everyone else too), don’t you think the club would have welcomed Spurs paying us compensation to poach him, rather than us paying him compensation? I imagine the club would have gladly allowed Spurs to approach him.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I think that’s a “time will tell” situation. Whilst I’m sure any prospective employer would undoubtedly (rightly) look and concentrate on his performance favourably, I doubt any employer would be overly joyed at how his exit has gone at wolves. Wolves acted poorly but so has he.

I’m not sure where his next job comes. It’s definitely not a Burnley, Sheff utd, Luton. The likes of Brentford aren’t sacking their manager and wouldn’t afford him. Maybe a Everton (though they’re in worse shape than us as a club) or Fulham. I don’t see him being a big enough name for the big 6. I imagine he fancies himself for a left field appointment in Chelsea if they keep going as they are (Poch shouldn’t go but the owners are crazy) or Newcastle though I’m sure the latter will go for a big name next.
Not the promoted teams no. You know and I know though that middle ranking clubs will come under pressure and then he'll look perfect. Then we'll see how many people in the game follow the narrative some on here believe. Palace or West Ham, or of course someone like Chelsea or Newcastle might go for a big name, like an ex Sevilla and Spain manager, ready to go with a top notch support team.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the promoted teams no. You know and I know though that middle ranking clubs will come under pressure and then he'll look perfect. Then we'll see how many people in the game follow the narrative some on here believe. Palace or West Ham, or of course someone like Chelsea or Newcastle might go for a big name, like an ex Sevilla and Spain manager, ready to go with a top notch support team.
Palace, West Ham, Fulham even Villa if things went wrong with Emery (don’t think they will). He’s not too good for either Chelsea or Newcastle, but both sets of fans would want better. One are used to better and the other have the backing of an oil nation and will want better.

As I’ve said several times I wanted him initially, heck I wanted him after Nuno. I just think whilst undoubtedly wolves/Fosun haven’t handled it right he doesn’t get a free pass from me.

He’ll probably end up at one of the unfancied London clubs like Fulham or Palace who will spend more than us but not enough to get him to where he thinks he should be and be back in Spain by the end of 2024

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t have minded him fluttering his eyelids at the bigger clubs. Simply because the only way he would have got a Big Six role is by doing something incredible with us. It’s not really any different to when Jota and Nunes had their heads turned by much bigger clubs. The reason why they get those bids from those clubs is because they are bloody talented.

I’d much rather have someone like that, with the ability to achieve and be noticed by the bigger clubs, than someone mediocre who will never reach that level. The key would have been to be like Brighton and have a proper succession plan in place if and when that happened.

Ultimately, if we had backed him like we initially promised and he failed, he would have been sacked. The blame for that, and the hit to his reputation and future job prospects, would have been entirely on him.

But in this case, he (and all of us) could see that this squad, already weakened by the loss of Neves and other key players, was always going to be in a relegation battle without reinforcements. To be told that there was no money at all having already had the goalposts moved just reaffirmed that and that the project he signed up to was no longer viable.

I don’t remotely blame him for leaving in those circumstances. Just as I don’t blame O’Neil for accepting what for him is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Unfortunately, it’s the club that messed up on both occasions.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t have minded him fluttering his eyelids at the bigger clubs. Simply because the only way he would have got a Big Six role is by doing something incredible with us. It’s not really any different to when Jota and Nunes had their heads turned by much bigger clubs. The reason why they get those bids from those clubs is because they are bloody talented.

I’d much rather have someone like that, with the ability to achieve and be noticed by the bigger clubs, than someone mediocre who will never reach that level. The key would have been to be like Brighton and have a proper succession plan in place if and when that happened.

Ultimately, if we had backed him like we initially promised and he failed, he would have been sacked. The blame for that, and the hit to his reputation and future job prospects, would have been entirely on him.

But in this case, he (and all of us) could see that this squad, already weakened by the loss of Neves and other key players, was always going to be in a relegation battle without reinforcements. To be told that there was no money at all having already had the goalposts moved just reaffirmed that and that the project he signed up to was no longer viable.

I don’t remotely blame him for leaving in those circumstances. Just as I don’t blame O’Neil for accepting what for him is the opportunity of a lifetime.

The voice of reason as ever.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In this case, he (and all of us) could see that this squad, already weakened by the loss of Neves and other key players, was always going to be in a relegation battle without reinforcements. To be told that there was no money at all having already had the goalposts moved just reaffirmed that and that the project he signed up to was no longer viable.

Welcome to the cult, Tring!

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ffc878b00-a7af-436f-af87-af8ccb6ecd92_1024x768.jpeg

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West ham I think are in as good a shape as ever and I don't see moyes losing his job any time soon. Brentford would need to be in threat of relegation for Frank to go; I don't think if that was the case they would be any better prospect than us.
Palace I can see but I'm not convinced they are in that much better shape than us in the long run. Its not like they have got money to spend to chuck at everything. I can also see Fulham but I don't think they are necessarily an upgrade on us either and I don't know what financial clout they have either at the moment.
Newcastle I can see but I think Howe has earned a fair amount of time there and their owners don't seem like the sacking type.
Chelsea who knows what the hell is going on there. The Man United job might become available and i think he could be an outside shot for it, but I don't think it would end well for him there.
De Zerbi might be poached at Brighton but I think a lot of managers will want that job and rightly or wrongly they seem to prefer young and on the way up.
Of all the jobs I can see him taking the Bournemouth one in a couple of months time and running at the end of the season again.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that Ryan is a podcaster who has represented the BBC, he really needs to provide proof Lopetegui approached Spurs this Summer over the manager's job, or retract this. Balague opining that he would be a good fit for Spurs is not remotely the same thing as Lopetegui applying for the job, just in case any of the "Lopetegui is Balague's puppetmaster" conspiracy theorists are confused as to the difference.

Maybe Lopetegui isn't the only master of propaganda in the lucrative world of football? At least we can guarantee that O'Neil, being the epitome of integrity, is fighting off all the interest from other clubs desperate to have their craziness fixed.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we end up near the season nowhere near the relegation zone, it will look a bit daft on him won't it?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that Ryan is a podcaster who has represented the BBC, he really needs to provide proof Lopetegui approached Spurs this Summer over the manager's job, or retract this. Balague opining that he would be a good fit for Spurs is not remotely the same thing as Lopetegui applying for the job, just in case any of the "Lopetegui is Balague's puppetmaster" conspiracy theorists are confused as to the difference.
I think it is a perfectly reasonable statement to make and if he retracts that statement he would have no balls. I think you just don't like that statement. Maybe complain to points of view?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we end up near the season nowhere near the relegation zone, it will look a bit daft on him won't it?

If we win the double it will look terrible!! If JL signs for Sheff Utd and takes them into Europe, on the other hand.... "If" is a very flexible word, you can do anything with it.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Absolutely. And if O’Neil takes us to somewhere near mid-table without any further investment then he deserves all the credit in the world.

And he’ll have massively increased his reputation and should theoretically have bigger clubs looking at him…

Here’s hoping!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest, with PE Gary in charge we will end up either being relegated or being very close to it.
Sorry I don't agree. I think there are 4 or 5 teams worse than us even with "PE Gary" whatever the ****ing hell that is supposed to mean in charge. The form isn't great but the catastrophes haven't happened yet, and it isn't any worse than how we ended last season.

Back
Top Bottom