Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a thought……

Is podence the “staff member” who had to email to attend team training???? It is looking possible

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Just listening to the Pep interview on Friday night football. City went and got a great manager and then backed him to the hilt. Now they’re triple winners and the best side in the world.

Fosun went after someone with the potential to be a world class manager and then ******* him over.

Utter utter stupidity, which in the end destroys fans like us.

I am still so ******* angry, the day that Fosun **** *** can’t come soon enough.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to the Pep interview on Friday night football. City went and got a great manager and then backed him to the hilt. Now they’re triple winners and the best side in the world.

Fosun went after someone with the potential to be a world class manager and then ******* him over.

I am still so ******* angry, the day that Fosun **** *** can’t come soon enough.
Ok but City spent massive before FFP and after. And it was only last season that they got the European cup.
Because they were, ( and are), cheaters they were banned from European football for two years but they’re lawyers got them off….
And they still have over 100 PL violations against them.

Cant compare Wolves to City . There was no way that we could have backed JL to anywhere near that level.
Thats the reality for our club……we can’t compete against the super rich clubs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched a video podcast about Loppy's departure and it mentioned that he was 'prickly' with the players and would often 'lock himself away' from them. I hadn't heard this while he was at Wolves and wondered whether this was sour grapes from the presenter now that Loppy has gone.
Anyone else heard anything along these lines?
If true and I stress 'if', the players may well perform better without such a 'world class manager'.
Exactly the same comments, probably from the same source (l'll let you figure out who), came equally out of the blue after Nuno and Lage departed.... What a coincidence....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok but City spent massive before FFP and after. And it was only last season that they got the European cup.
Because they were, ( and are), cheaters they were banned from European football for two years but they’re lawyers got them off….
And they still have over 100 PL violations against them.

Cant compare Wolves to City . There was no way that we could have backed JL to anywhere near that level.
Thats the reality for our club……we can’t compete against the super rich clubs.
If you’re interested there are leaked emails out there between City/PSG and UEFA basically saying **** you our lawyers our more expensive and better than yours let and we’ll tie you up in court for years. UEFA then backed down and they both got a slap on the wrist.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’re interested there are leaked emails out there between City/PSG and UEFA basically saying **** you our lawyers our more expensive and better than yours let and we’ll tie you up in court for years. UEFA then backed down and they both got a slap on the wrist.
And then some mixers were hoping City would beat Arsenal to the league…….in other words, reward the cheaters.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think JL saw the money, he knew backing him would fall short, I don't say he saw Fosun pulling the plug as much as they have but he had an out with a settlement

floydstreet

Reaction score
So obvious that absolutely no-one suggested it at the time :tearsofjoy:

Jeff and Fosun deserve a lot of the criticisms but giving Lopetegui a three year deal isn’t one of them.
However, I would’ve placed Lop on ‘gardening leave, kept the back room staff unless of course they resigned, and got another head coach. I certainly wouldn’t have paid them all off.

I think you are missing the point
Jeff and fosun knew we had financial issues, we didn’t

If we’d have known that
Would you have given Lopetegui a 3 year deal on the basis of spend you knew we didn’t have ?

Of course not
Because it’s obvious he’d walk

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your point being……lemme guess……

Do you mean that’s it’s ok for City to cheat now against ALL PL teams because of something that happened 104 years ago?
So football only began in the PL era huh... That something changed the whole history of the English top flight and without it Arsenal might very well not have their much vaunted history....

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quote from the article:

It’s not just Lopetegui’s public attitude that hasn’t impressed people at Wolves.

Behind the scenes, he was described by one staff member as being an unapproachable, prickly figure. There was a feeling among the non-Lopetegui staff of a them-and-us culture. He and his lieutenants would often shut themselves away from everyone else, especially after defeats, when Lopetegui was known to stay in his office all week.

The intensity he displayed on the touchline during matches – shouting at referees, yelling at players after mistakes – could sometimes be reflected in how he conducted himself around the training ground.

Before matches, he was said to become incredibly wound up, described by one source as a “nervous wreck”, becoming so stressed and frenzied that people thought it was bad for his health. His inner circle was tight and he could be paranoid to the extent that other long-serving club staff had to email for permission to even watch training.
That sounds utterly ridiculous, what a load of ****.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Is it just me wondering why we are still entertaining a thread for this snake?….When the going got tough he got going! I’m grateful for last season and yes he was shafted by Jeff but surely an ‘elite’ coach would still have looked at this squad with a degree of optimism for a good season?…anyway, enough said.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me wondering why we are still entertaining a thread for this snake?….When the going got tough he got going! I’m grateful for last season and yes he was shafted by Jeff but surely an ‘elite’ coach would still have looked at this squad with a degree of optimism for a good season?…anyway, enough said.
This squad possibly. The squad by the end of the window though....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we’d have known that
Would you have given Lopetegui a 3 year deal on the basis of spend you knew we didn’t have ?

Of course not
You keep using the term ‘obvious’ but everything that you say is obvious, is far from it.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score

Quite a ludicrous comparison. If City are your benchmark for anything, you’re going to fall abysmally short.

I’d say Brighton are someone to be more comparably envious at.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Contrast how Nuno left the club, there were rumours months before, admittedly not as strong, but that was due to Nuno not whining publicly.
Nuno left the club at the end of a season allowing his successor the maximum possibility of a successful transition.
What did Lopetegui do? After publicly complaining for months, left the club, with the entire coaching staff one week before the season opens. Unforgivable.
Ask yourself who you would welcome back to the club more.
Agree, quite a few refer to Lopetegui as a BIG manager or ELITE manager, and no doubt he saved us last season, but like Mourinho everywhere he has been he was just passing through, a bit like oil in water, he appears to commit, but the reality is more like a spoilt child where as long as he gets his own way all is fine. Almost to rigid for an industry that is very fluid, players form, attitude, owners changes in circumstances, must be a nightmare to be in his coaching team bouncing around Europe following someone who thinks he just might be Jesus, maybe he has explained to them this is all about amassing as much money in the shorted period of time, so Middle East here we come.
Truth is I have no idea, but find it unusual how little of an impression such an allegedly amazing football person has left behind, more like a GHOST.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we’d have known that

Of course not
They were desperate to get him and his team, so it is likely they lied, also he is not totally naive, and maybe saw an opportunity to bank a bit of cash.
Both parties screwed each other, unfortunately we are just the audience.
Like everyone else who knows, maybe someone will write a book, “When scumbags collide”

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So The Athletic reckon he's staying living in England for the time being. Probably waiting for a Premier League job to become available. I wonder how the fans would respond if he turned up at Molineux managing an away team. Grateful for keeping us up or furious with the nature of his departure. I imagine it would be a tasty atmosphere.

Screenshot_20230812-182626.png

surreywolf

Reaction score
So The Athletic reckon he's staying living in England for the time being. Probably waiting for a Premier League job to become available. I wonder how the fans would respond if he turned up at Molineux managing an away team. Grateful for keeping us up or furious with the nature of his departure. I imagine it would be a tasty atmosphere.

View attachment 36425

Hmmmm. Presumably Balague will be hawking him around too. As frustrating as Fosun may be, these two leave a bad taste. Balague was openly pushing him for Spurs job, so presumably will try again if their new manager (or any other) falters.

Can’t imagine many chairmen being impressed with him though.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Presumably Balague will be hawking him around too. As frustrating as Fosun may be, these two leave a bad taste. Balague was openly pushing him for Spurs job, so presumably will try again if their new manager (or any other) falters.

Can’t imagine many chairmen being impressed with him though.
I reckon West Ham could be worth a bet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 36425

Well he could always go to Rangers when they sack Beale. He’s used to be second best to Beale after all ;)

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which club would he move to? He needs resources and he's not good enough for a top club. Can see why spurs appealed but his football isn't great and he'll fall out with levy. Who else?

West Ham? Which is another recipe for disaster.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which club would he move to? He needs resources and he's not good enough for a top club. Can see why spurs appealed but his football isn't great and he'll fall out with levy. Who else?

West Ham? Which is another recipe for disaster.
I can see West Ham. Spend £100m+ in January to save them, then rinse repeat fall out with West Ham's ownership and do a couple of world exclusives interviews with that leech Balague next summer when he realises he's already spent his budget and resigns.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No wonder Lopetegui spoke to the press .
Shi was in China and was not communicating.
The only as to get his attention was publicly .
Absolute shambles and poor management IMO

floydstreet

Reaction score
You keep using the term ‘obvious’ but everything that you say is obvious, is far from it.
So if you knew we had huge FFP issues that meant no investment this year and selling lots of players as well

you’d have thought that scenario is a perfect fit for lopetegui so I’ll give him a 3 year contract, because he’s always shown such loyalty and desire to fight it out

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if you knew we had huge FFP issues that meant no investment this year and selling lots of players as well

you’d have thought that scenario is a perfect fit for lopetegui so I’ll give him a 3 year contract, because he’s always shown such loyalty and desire to fight it out
I’m drunk…but okay! I can’t find the dumbs up emoji

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was in me gym again this morning.....just missed him.....dying to catch him....its all a bit confusing one minute he couldn't come over for family reasons and nw he wont go home...
Probably hanging round St James Park this evening, just in case someone needs a manager....Birmingham or Saudi, no preference really. He's free.

T

TheConcourse

From The Athletic article when Nuno went

While Nuno has been incredibly popular with his playing staff, his departure won’t be a devastating blow to some at the club who have grown weary of his moody and occasionally terse demeanour. He could be snappy and abrupt.

Guess what, top managers get snappy when they are being frustrated by the board.
Exactly.. The Athletic can slate JL all they want via their sources, maybe they should be asking where our Chairman is two days before the season, and why he isn’t getting involved in the interview process for the most important gig in the house.

No wonder managers were disgruntled dealing with this clown.

Back
Top Bottom