Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Davis in charge for Man U .

Wow we have the chuckle brothers running us . Gou you are a clown
And sellars recalled to take his position in the stand overseeing everything.

Im angry, gutted and worried at the same time. I cant quite fathom how inept this lot have been and their total disregard for the paying fans. The fans will rightly vent and I know that isnt good for the players but these numpties cannot be allowed to spin their way out of this as they've done in the past. They need to **** off now and sell up.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite ironic that the eventual appointment of the man who Fosun/Shi wanted above all others could turn out to be what brings it all crashing down. There was always the probability that we'd have to deal with Lopetegui's mercenary traits at some point, just didn't expect them six months into his reign

He's spent the last three months bitching, bull****ting and burning bridges to the point that even if we had scraped together the money for a few signings, it was clear he had no intention of staying and his position was going to become untenable sooner rather than later. Now we're two days before the season kicks off and we're rudderless because he wanted a pay off

The plus point is up to now we've looked half decent and clearly have a higher level of fitness than we had last year, truth is though, with the impending arrival of Gary O'Neil, this is the lowest I've felt since we appointed Saunders and Lopetegui carries a huge share of the blame

Very good coach, but has the integrity of a ****, **** him

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Lopetegui said: “I wish Wolves and everybody at the club the very best of luck for the future, and thank them for the opportunity granted at the time to take charge of this wonderful club.

“It has been an honour to enjoy this adventure in the day-to-day company of Matt Hobbs, Matt Wild, head of player care Lisa Hollis and every single employee of the club; whom I wish to thank for their support and help at every moment.

JLo didn't thank Jeff

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting because on the talking wolves podcast yesterday Philips said that Elvadi was close!
Both of them would be done if their teams accepted our bids which included money in the future, instead of right now.

It's clear that we're just not spending this much this summer. The rumour of a 50 million profit floated around forever.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Both of them would be done if their teams accepted our bids which included money in the future, instead of right now.

It's clear that we're just not spending this much this summer. The rumour of a 50 million profit floated around forever.
It doesn't work like that. It's not about when the cash is paid, but the price of a player is spread over the life of the contract for accounting purposes, which is what FFP uses.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. It's not about when the cash is paid, but the price of a player is spread over the life of the contract for accounting purposes, which is what FFP uses.
True, but if it's a loan w/ obligation deal, I'm pretty sure it work that way.

Or why else would we apparently have offered deals like that?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand this …didn’t he quit ? Nobody wanted him to leave…I assumed the compensation was to wolves for breach of contract and leaving without three months notice? Did he actually outmaneuver Shi and force them to fire him? And pay him?What a grifter …and as for the lies I believe circumstances change and you can’t just leave unless your employer breaches the contact….even at my level three months notice is required…three days before 5he season is really hard.
Actually, as far as I can tell, NOBODY really knows what transpired or was promised or implied from the very first reach out to JL at this time last year to when a deal was reached.

Oh sure, there’s a lot of guessing ( me too), but apart from Wolves, JL and his camp, his agent and Wolves lawyers, nobody really knows the details of what Jeff and JL finally shook hands on.

And neither side has been in any rush to clarify what fans are thinking….most likely erroneously.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sleeping on this, I’m not sure I have any good words to say about Fosun or Lopetegui right now. Perhaps never will again in the case of the former. The players deserve our support though and as underwhelmed and ****ed off as we may all be at the current position, O’Neil deserves to be given a shot.

In reality, it won’t take a lot for things to turn toxic here, a few poor defeats early on, a first team sale or two and cheapo bang average replacements coming in. I’m hopeful it doesn’t come to that, but of course fearing the worst. Fosun are utterly clueless and need to go as soon as possible, whilst Lopetegui is something of a massive ****er.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite ironic that the eventual appointment of the man who Fosun/Shi wanted above all others could turn out to be what brings it all crashing down. There was always the probability that we'd have to deal with Lopetegui's mercenary traits at some point, just didn't expect them six months into his reign

He's spent the last three months bitching, bull****ting and burning bridges to the point that even if we had scraped together the money for a few signings, it was clear he had no intention of staying and his position was going to become untenable sooner rather than later. Now we're two days before the season kicks off and we're rudderless because he wanted a pay off

The plus point is up to now we've looked half decent and clearly have a higher level of fitness than we had last year, truth is though, with the impending arrival of Gary O'Neil, this is the lowest I've felt since we appointed Saunders and Lopetegui carries a huge share of the blame

Very good coach, but has the integrity of a ****, **** him
Agree with this, Fenir. Although there were clearly mistakes and misunderstandings from both sides, Loppy's self-serving whining to the press has been distasteful, distracting and something that should not have occurred. It was obvious that he wanted to get away from before the end of last season and rather than using the close season to find a new club for himself and the army of mercenary Iberians that he brought to Wolves; a time when most clubs would be looking at their managerial options, he's waited until the worst possible time to force an exit and taken a whole lot of Wolves' money with him.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
RIP Lopetegui.

I’m still not sure how he has wrangled a hefty seven figure compensation package.

Why, did we not make him resign?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Financial miss management by fosuns Jeff shi and the complete lack of a quality footballing people running the club has now eventually brought the chickens home to roost.

Jeff shi needs to be removed immediately i the short term from this club

Long run fosun need to selll us or at least bring in Someone in who isn’t a complete clueless **** wit like that clown running things at the moment.

I’m angry this morning, sitting in my bed in a beautiful Dubai resort, wolves again have become the reason a day is ruined. Millions spent on complete **** down through the years and then that Spanish **** makes us out to be a bunch of amateurish bellends and we mutually terminate his contracts after 6 years of trying to get him ?!?!!’

What’s has happened to our club !!!

Ps. Gary ****ing o Neil , Harods to pound land over night. **** off jeff shi and fosun!!!

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
…. Oh and I hope beyond hope that O’Neill proves to be a phoenix character capable of rising from the flammable **** show engulfing WV1

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
My initial reaction after yesterday was **** Julian. After having slept on it. Did he have any other option?

As reported Fosun changed the goalposts on him numerous times. Not just from his original hiring but through the summer. Before I have stated that he should just shut up and get on with it. That was just me hoping that he would stay as we are losing a top class manager and one I was looking forward to see guide us into the new season.

When at work if our bosses do things that we don't agree with or like. I bet every single one of us curse them or call them out on it. In public to colleagues or private. This is the same except its in the world of football.

JLO was lied too, I would not want to work for someone who lied to me the way Fosun have. It seems from what's out there at the moment that he was willing to work within the new parameters only for them to be changed again and again. We all have our limit.

Fosun are to blame, again. Since Fosun have taken over they have got lucky once with NUNO. Every other management choice has been poor Zenga, Lambert, Lage. This was an actual proper manager with proper credentials and they **** it. Now, according to media they are going back to their list of poor appointments with O'Neil.

After we finished 7th two seasons in a row, we as a club had the chance to push on and fulfill the dream that Fosun and mainly Shi had been peddling. Their was hope. Hope is now what's killing me and us as a fan base and that's what hurts. We had 3 good seasons now it's back to fighting relegation or if the worst happens finishing 8th in the champ season after season.

Fosun, fumbled the ball. Not once or twice but over and over again. This time it's a massive fumble. If they told him the truth at interview, he may not have come, but we will never know. If they told him the truth at the start of the summer he may still be here we may never know.

But, this is the latest in a long line of Fosun making the wrong, cheap choice and it backfiring. They are meant to be one of the best investment companies in the world. This is not the image I get from the way they are acting now and have the last few years. I know they have spent money over the past and alot. They have not spent it wisely and that's because of the people they put in charge of the club. Shi, Sellers etc

I have no confidence in Fosun. Jeff to appointment any credible manager. No confidence in their running of the club. Will not belive the propaganda that they keep spewing as actions have shown it to be false.

I had hope for this season. Hope JLO would stay and hope we would do OK after seeing us vs Luton and Rennes. Within three days that Hope has gone.

I do not believe fosun care or know what they have done or are doing and how much they have lost the fans. If like someone has said they have someone who reads this they would know. Then again do they care?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s gone then didn’t see that coming… Expect more player sales unfortunately

Thank you Julen Lopetegui you kept us up!!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After stewing on this all day, i just cant see how anyone can pick sides. The club and Julen have hardly covered themselves with glory. If this was to be a season of resetting, getting straight financially then going again next season, i think Julen has taken the cowardly way out in a lot of ways. The squad isnt awful, and he's a good enough coach to get this side comfortably mid table. As cliched as it is, Sasa and Silva are like new signings. Neto and Nunes should be much improved, as will Sarabia i believe. We lack a bit of depth, but i dont think we are that weak if the manager gives us good direction.

The thing that concerns me a little is after Hobbs saying the project is back on why are we unable to sign players? This is leading me to believe that maybe our lack of spending power is going to stretch out longer than a season. Maybe this has been the main issue for Lopetegui.

At the end of the day though, its just been poorly handled by everyone and now we are going to be stuck with a **** manager like we ended up with after Nuno.

Last edited:

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After stewing on this all day, i just cant see how anyone can pick sides. The club and Julen have hard covered themselves with glory. If this was to be a season of resetting, getting straight financially then going again next season, i think Julen has taken the cowardly way out in a lot of ways. The squad isnt awful, and he's a good enough coach to get this side comfortably mid table. As cliched as it is, Sasa and Silva are like new signings. Neto and Nunes should be much improved, as will Sarabia i believe. We lack a bit of depth, but i dont think we are that weak if the manager gives us good direction.

The thing that concerns me a little is after Hobbs saying the project is back on why are we unable to sign players? This is leading me to believe that maybe our lack of spending power is going to stretch out longer than a season. Maybe this has been the main issue for Lopetegui.

At the end of the day though, its just been poorly handled by everyone and now we are going to be stuck with a **** manager like we ended up with after Nuno.
Both as bad as each other…

1 down and hopefully 1 more to follow, Jeff shi out!!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve put themselves in a terrible situation with no possible positive outcome. O’Neil on a hiding to nothing from the start.
They really have. Molineux will be toxic against brighton I can’t wait to see it Shi and hobbs get what they deserve, liars

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are now a laughing stock and I hate the fact that our club are being dragged through the media and talked about like this.
Embarrassed, angry, very disappointed and very worried.
Can see, maybe, Fabio, Ran and Kilman leaving (just guessing) and then I think we might be ****…Ed.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They really have. Molineux will be toxic against brighton I can’t wait to see it Shi and hobbs get what they deserve, liars
I don’t blame Hobbs at all he’s given his budget by that ****ing weasel and works to it. All anger has to be vented at that useless ***** !!

Bigcheese

Reaction score
We may stay up by the skin of our teeth this season but this will have implications for next year if fosun don't sell the club.
As mighty Thor implies in his informative post, fosun are ****ed financially!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After stewing on this all day, i just cant see how anyone can pick sides. The club and Julen have hard covered themselves with glory. If this was to be a season of resetting, getting straight financially then going again next season, i think Julen has taken the cowardly way out in a lot of ways. The squad isnt awful, and he's a good enough coach to get this side comfortably mid table. As cliched as it is, Sasa and Silva are like new signings. Neto and Nunes should be much improved, as will Sarabia i believe. We lack a bit of depth, but i dont think we are that weak if the manager gives us good direction.

Jeffs suggestion that we’ll be free to start spending again next summer totally sounded a bit sus to me tbh. I’d bet if we do stay up, we’ll roughly break even on our incomings and outgoings next summer at best?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hobbs i'm not convinced is any different to Julen in a lot of ways. I think he's been sold down the river a bit. Shi on the otherhand i think is more of an issue. I actually dont think initially they lied to Lopetegui. I think whats happened probably since the end of the season is they have messed him around. I dont think they have been consistent with what they have told him he can do recruitment wise so why i can see why he is annoyed, i still dont like how he has conducted himself.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeffs suggestion that we’ll be free to start spending again next summer sounded a bit sus to me tbh. I’d bet if we do stay up, we’ll roughly break even on our incomings and outgoings next summer at best.

I'm starting to wonder if next season would have been more of an issue for Lopetegui than this one and thats the crux of his anger.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if next season would have been more of an issue for Lopetegui than this one and thats the crux of his anger.
It sounds to me like he ultimately thought he was walking into a job where he’d get money to spend and be able to challenge for top 10. His apparent desire to then leg it after 9 months despite being paid a contract of £9 million a year, suggests to me he certainly didn’t think this aspiration particularly likely, either this year or next?

Fosun have probably been hoping he’d walk out for months. What a way to manage a preseason.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
A thought;

Maybe Fosun were reluctant to pander to JL‘s requests for more financial backing that we couldn’t have afforded, if they had the inclination he was angling for a way out anyway.

Would have been more money thrown away for him to inevitably leave us in the lurch further down the line.

His average managerial span is around 20 months. Says it all really.

Back
Top Bottom