Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
I was told because we had received more than anticipated for Neves, there may be some additional leeway on signings in the range stated by Hobbs in his statement.

I wasn’t told about not even being allowed to sign free transfers so can’t comment on that. If that’s true, then things are much worse than even I thought!

Like I said earlier today, this was from one side of the argument so I am sure it is somewhat biased towards that side. I’d love to hear the club’s version of events (but fully understand we won’t).

But it does appear that goalposts have been moved on more than one occasion.
Appreciate the ITK.

What you were told makes a lot more sense than going from free transfers to nothing despite pretty substantial outgoings. Which makes me think JL has been wanting out since June and today was the culmination of an ongoing power struggle, not some new development.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't understand how Gary O'Neil could be the answer to any of the questions they should be asking.

Surely there's a more established candidate than that? I'm hoping there's one last positive twist here somewhere.

What a mess.
Our only hope is that their first choice is employed and now they have to get him.. and they haven’t fed their name for obvious reasons.

floydstreet

Reaction score
I was told because we had received more than anticipated for Neves, there may be some additional leeway on signings in the range stated by Hobbs in his statement.

I wasn’t told about not even being allowed to sign free transfers so can’t comment on that. If that’s true, then things are much worse than even I thought!

Like I said earlier today, this was from one side of the argument so I am sure it is somewhat biased towards that side. I’d love to hear the club’s version of events (but fully understand we won’t).

But it does appear that goalposts have been moved on more than one occasion.
Time will show
We make no more signings from now on, we know it’s true
We make a few signings, it’s Julens spokesman

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is O Neil I hope he succeeds and builds on the team spirit that was apparent in pre season carries through.

I fear that Kilman and Nunes will go this window .

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s choosing O Neil because I seriously doubt it’s Fosun.
I never said he hasn't made **** ups.

But if he thought finance was available, then Fosun withdrew it overnight for whatever reason, then he has been sold down the river as well. Who knows?

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly
Who is paying what we need or would want for Cunha Matteus or silva
Nobody until they prove it

Also there is no way the players didn’t see this coming. Sounds like it’s been in plan for couple of weeks. They knew and yet they played like they did on Saturday. That’s not necessarily a farewell gift, maybe it’s a sign they want to stay.

For all we know, they could all be ****ed off with the moaning
I think it’s more likely that they’ll become disillusioned, then disinterested, and that their asset value will plummet as our club’s stock does with nobody to take on their bloated contracts.

Then the geniuses at Fosun can do some retrospective mathematics on the true cost of not reinvesting 20/30 mill of 100 mill in revenue. Clowns.

Last edited:

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as Lopetegui, his backroom team, consisting of Pablo Sanz, Juan Peinado, Oscar Caro, Edu Rubio, Borja De Alba Alonso and Daniel Lopetegui, will all depart the club too.

Predictable, but shows the scale of the mess Fosun have created.

Inevitable, but GON doesn't actually have a backroom staff as he's never had a proper managerial job for more than a few months, so who are our coaches and staff, seeing as our longest serving coach has been here 6 days.

Relying on the academy coaches again?

Get out of Wolverhampton fosun you ****s

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
If it is O Neil I hope he succeeds and builds on the team spirit that was apparent in pre season carries through.

I fear that Kilman and Nunes will go this window .
Not that O’Neil is in much of a position to be overly picky, but I don’t think he’d take this job if there was any indication that Nunes/Kilman were being sold

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Athletic’s take. Like the others, also confirming O’Neil appears to be the chosen replacement.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inevitable after the Balague interview. Wolves couldn't afford to take the chance and keep a manager not committed, like Seville did last year.
Lopetegui has played a blinder, everyone getting the blame but him. Everyone lied but him, as usual.
Last year Seville were in disarray, when he caused the same discord as he has done here. Their only mistake was not getting rid of him at the beginning of the season.
Great post. JL lovers read and digest.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I imagine that they are. But there's ways of acting when you're under contract and he fell well short of it.

Evidently a great manager but a real real let down in how he dealt with media and how he aired his dirty laundry in public. If it was going to play out this way, I don't for the life of me know why he didn't just quit weeks ago.

Instead he releases a statement about his love for Wolves and then leaves us in the lurch.

I think Fosun should sell the club and I've thought this for a while but I'm astounded at the lack of respect that is apparent in the Lopetegui/Balague double act
Why would/should they respect Fosun and Shi, and where is the respect for JL taking him from a personal situation and having his family relocate based on deceit?

floydstreet

Reaction score
We’ve got no money, so how many millions has it cost for JL and all his team to go?

Just an utter shamble imo!

Yeah this makes no sense at all
Unless this is from a separate bank account
It doesn’t add up

This is FFP plus Fosun pulling back
They clearly need additional investment soon

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inevitable after the Balague interview. Wolves couldn't afford to take the chance and keep a manager not committed, like Seville did last year.
Lopetegui has played a blinder, everyone getting the blame but him. Everyone lied but him, as usual.
Last year Seville were in disarray, when he caused the same discord as he has done here. Their only mistake was not getting rid of him at the beginning of the season.
100 mill in and we couldn’t afford a free transfer. Sounds like there’s blame outside of JL to me.

D

Deleted member (smith)

He has gone and all his staff and been thanked by Hobbs

Sporting director Matt Hobbs said: “On behalf of everyone at the club I’d like to thank Julen and his staff for their dedication and hard work during their time at the football club. They were brought in with the primary aim of keeping the club in the Premier League last season, an objective which they achieved with games to spare.
“While our ambition had been to move into the new season together, it is public knowledge that there were differences of opinion on some key topics, and it was agreed by all parties that it would be best to part ways ahead of the new campaign.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a mess and lots of people of to blame starting at the top down.

Am gutted felt he was a good coach and fancied us this season. Not I am wishing for 4th form bottom already.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to be in one of two camps.

Lopetegui have engineered this as he wants out.
Fosun have effectively engineered this as they do not/cannot invest any money into the squad ahead of the new season.

I can accept either viewpoint but the fact Fosun are having to scrape the proverbial barrel to get get Gary O'Neil in would suggest we have no money at all and were never going to keep a manager like Lopetegui happy.

Back
Top Bottom