Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alot of people on here writing O'Neill off. They are probably the same people who claimed Eddie Howe was a fraud, not good enough and would be found out. I would suggest none of us really have a clue about how a managerial appointment will work out. I hope Lopetegui stays, purely from a continuity point of view but if he goes then so be it.

Well, you were proven wrong with your assertions last night that this was all journalist rubbish. Now you’ve caught up with JL leaving, you’re in the GON is ok camp? The guy sacked by those who knew him best, after he just kept them up. Yep, ringing endorsement there. The guy with less than a year’s experience as a coach, with no defined tactics, and no backroom staff. He may become a decent coach in time, but he needs more experience in the EFL where the pressure is less first.

As for Eddie Howe. He has masses of experience by comparison, and at EFL level before stepping up to the PL. I may not like some of his gamesmanship tactics, but I have never said he’s not effective, as he’s proven in his track record. O’Neil needs to go through the same EFL learning curve he did before he’s ready to take on a long term PL role.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I agree with all of your points Tring but that didn't stop a great deal of people on here claiming he was a fraud and would be found out by going to NUFC. For the record I am not advocating appointing O'Neill.

No worries buddy and apologies if I came across overly defensive. It’s a fairly stressful time for all of us today!

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
And just for the record, Lop might have been the catalyst, but we were really saved last season by
1) Neves, who became world class after the World Cup and led us so well on the pitch
2) Dawson, who brought leadership and solidity to the defence and
3) Lemina, who was rock solid throughout

Lop took the glory, but those 3 players in particular (and the Molineux crowd) delivered the goods.

Meanwhile Lop took it upon himself to humiliate a Wolves legend (Raul) and spitefully deny another Wolves legend (Moutinho) a few moments of acclaim in a dead game (while picking Costa again and again and again). Bye Lop, enjoy Riyadh…

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my experience negotiating on behalf of numerous Chinese businesses they can be very stubborn, they will not want the other side to feel like they got a “win” against them.
Similarly their pride will not accptable if they are regarded as losers in being able to be a success in running a football club especially if it is now losing value.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, you were proven wrong with your assertions last night that this was all journalist rubbish. Now you’ve caught up with JL leaving, you’re in the GON is ok camp? The guy sacked by those who knew him best, after he just kept them up. Yep, ringing endorsement there. The guy with less than a year’s experience as a coach, with no defined tactics, and no backroom staff. He may become a decent coach in time, but he needs more experience in the EFL where the pressure is less first.

As for Eddie Howe. He has masses of experience by comparison, and at EFL level before stepping up to the PL. I may not like some of his gamesmanship tactics, but I have never said he’s not effective, as he’s proven in his track record. O’Neil needs to go through the same EFL learning curve he did before he’s ready to take on a long term PL role.
Well, if he gets the Wolves' job, he will not be taking on a long-term PL role.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn’t gone yet please don’t jump the gun
Perhaps negotiations are extended because he wants to stay but Shi/Fosun are trying to force him out for his public comments on any incoming transfers/spending and decide they want a yes man, who knows certainly not us
I haven't seen anything that suggests there is a chance of him staying. isn't it all about how much cash he gets to go? That's the way the press on both sides and we have to accept there are two sides of briefing, are portraying it.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some *******s is being posted on here about Lopetegui and we were dead and buried before he came in, alright he spent a few quid but to say **** off Lopetegui when he has clearly been shafted by Shi is ridiculous.

I'm sure all those saying it would just accept being ****ed over by your boss but I certainly wouldn't accept it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And just for the record, Lop might have been the catalyst, but we were really saved last season by
1) Neves, who became world class after the World Cup and led us so well on the pitch
2) Dawson, who brought leadership and solidity to the defence and
3) Lemina, who was rock solid throughout

Lop took the glory, but those 3 players in particular (and the Molineux crowd) delivered the goods.

Meanwhile Lop took it upon himself to humiliate a Wolves legend (Raul) and spitefully deny another Wolves legend (Moutinho) a few moments of acclaim in a dead game (while picking Costa again and again and again). Bye Lop, enjoy Riyadh…
You sound blinded by sentiment. Costa was a much better option up top than Raul last season and it was well known that Moutinho refused to play towards the end of the season too.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some *******s is being posted on here about Lopetegui and we were dead and buried before he came in, alright he spent a few quid but to say **** off Lopetegui when he has clearly been shafted by Shi is ridiculous.

I'm sure all those saying it would just accept being ****ed over by your boss but I certainly wouldn't accept it.
Some people will do all they can on here to defend Shi and FOSUN, almost like they feel better for bowing their heads to their betters like the good peasant to his feudal lord.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
He can't have come here expecting to win anything straight away, given what he inherited.
Perhaps l should have said he did come here to survive as that was obviously the aim last season. My comment was more about this year and next, he wants to be challenging for something. It must be very frustrating as I think we have a very talented group 2 or 3 decent signings a bit of luck with injurys and could do well. Can't afford a 10 million center half no wonder he's annoyed. I am generally very positive but I am amazed at how tight things seem to be.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could've just told Lop in May that we are skint and all this **** just before the start of the season could've been avoided.

Saying that, it's about time Shi was caught in his own web of lies.

Jeff is probably looking for a new manager bounce

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He spent money in January quite a bit of money in fact. He’s a coward in my opinion. It’s been made clear we have to operate with some financial restrictions for this season but he couldn’t even bring himself to do that. I’m not defending Fosun of Jeff at all but this supposed elite coach has walked at the first opportunity. Personally speaking in the trenches you need people to be made of sterner stuff so good riddance to him.
You are entitled to your opinion. By the way are you a soldier or a grave digger?

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good post!
I suspect that JL was reasonably informed where we stood on money for transfers but he assumed that Wolves would cave into him and at the 11th. hour would produce more money.
I think it’s possible that JL is trying to blackmail Wolves……
It sounds like that's exactly what he's been doing - refusing to commit to the club unless he gets his signings. Feels very much like throwing the baby out with the bath water, as our squad isn't that bad, and if he's a decent manager we should still be able to have a half-decent season. As others have said, it feels like JL is only interested in himself - complete contrast to the likes of Nuno! (Nuno we miss you!)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Negotiations are extended because he’s a scumbag mercenary who wants paying to go rather than walking for nothing, exactly as he did at Sevilla. It’s almost a carbon copy of his playbook from his last job, spend money, complain you want to spend more, cry and whine long enough to make your job untenable and walk off with a pay off
Oh dear and you know that for sure of course
Without him we would be playing in the championship now

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He spent money in January quite a bit of money in fact. He’s a coward in my opinion. It’s been made clear we have to operate with some financial restrictions for this season but he couldn’t even bring himself to do that. I’m not defending Fosun of Jeff at all but this supposed elite coach has walked at the first opportunity. Personally speaking in the trenches you need people to be made of sterner stuff so good riddance to him.
Notably our wonderfully effective CEO Jeffrey got a payrise for his stellar performance while folk on here slag off JL, who did exactly what was asked of him, as mercenary.

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So what would you have done? Walk out? He had that choice. He wants his cake and to eat it. Would your boss pay a premium you if you just resigned? He has the same choices and legal rights. He will not back up his apparent principles with any action because he is being paid too much.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps l should have said he did come here to survive as that was obviously the aim last season. My comment was more about this year and next, he wants to be challenging for something. It must be very frustrating as I think we have a very talented group 2 or 3 decent signings a bit of luck with injurys and could do well. Can't afford a 10 million center half no wonder he's annoyed. I am generally very positive but I am amazed at how tight things seem to be.
I agree. I come back to the 'Rome wasn't built in a day' analogy. We've seen progess (and would have seen more) but this club was never going to be in a position to challenge for the top 7 this season, and would have needed investment next summer to make that step up.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To many reports of him leaving for there not to be something in this, I personally think the die was cast when Loppy did his interview, I can only say Jeff must have told him a heck of a lot of lies when he got him to come to the Wolves, you don't bring the number of staff that Loppy has unless you are in this for the long term.
I think the way this has panned out will do our Club a heck of a lot of harm in the eyes of the football world, what top rated manager will ever come to Wolves knowing that you cannot trust the word of the Chairman ?, Jeff's position is surely now becoming almost untenable he has a lot to answer for and a lot of that is not good, all we as a team can look forward to while he is here is years of making up the numbers in the Premier League and ever rising Ticket prices, Thank you Jeff Shi :mad:.

westside wolf

Reaction score
I can't help but feel that the fallout from this is going to be hugely divisive. Lots of strong feelings about who is to blame, but apportioning blame actually helps no-one here.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, our transfers strategy has been poor since the first season back up. But that’s for another thread. The reality is Lopetegui has more at his disposal than our previous 2 head coaches did in terms of quality and money spent. I mean there’s a strong case we need another central defender for sure but in reality we’re talking potentially a back up one. He’s seemingly moaning he’s not spaffing £25 million on a completely unproven backup midfielder from the championship.

Sa

Semedo Dawson Kilman Ran

Nunes Lemina Gomes

Cunha Silva Neto

Bentley
Doherty
Bueno
Toti
Traore
Hodge
Sarabia
Hwang
Sasa

If he’s telling us that’s not good enough to avoid a relegation battle then he’s not a good enough coach

Brighton, Brentford, Fulham all had decent seasons with arguably less than that. We could quite conceivably have a decent if unspectacular season and finish 10th and then from next summer we’re free to do more business
No, he is telling us that’s no5 good enough to compete for Europe and that’s what he wants.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can moan about Jeff as much as you like, but he ain’t the one walking out on the club in the week before kickoff.
Jeff is responsible for our financial situation, and our manager is leaving (pushed or fell) because the financial situation does not allow him to build a team to fight for European places.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[Sky Sports] BREAKING NEWS 17:14 08/08/23

An incredible turn of events at Molineux today, after Julen Lopetegui was locked in talks with Jeff Shi, Guo Guangchang and Matt Hobbs for 4 hours, and after securing additional funds for the transfer of 3 players thought to be Alex Scott, Nico Elvedi and Aaron Cresswell, Lopetegui has signed a 1-year extension to his current 2 year deal, and given his commitment to the club.

"I did it for the fans" Lopetegui said, after leaving the press room at Compton. "They've had hard times, but I want more than ever to bring back the golden days of old. This is a sleeping giant"

* wakes up from afternoon nap

oh bugger...

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
But he's the cause for the walk out by either not being truthful or by not doing due diligence on a manager who has displayed such behaviour in the past.

If you believe that this was all going on prior to the letter released a couple of days ago - then why does the letter not address it in any way? (or more relevant - why was the letter released at that specific time). This perhaps offers an insight in to how
You sound blinded by sentiment. Costa was a much better option up top than Raul last season and it was well known that Moutinho refused to play towards the end of the season too.
Seemed to me that Costa presented zero goal threat every week and that Cunha or Hwang (or preferably Cunha and Hwang) would have been a much better option. But what do I know, I ain’t won one trophy in 20 years as a manager.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently their is a bit of an impasse going on. The sticking points revolve around a couple of packets of post it notes, a set of coloured marker pens, a Pritstick and half a bottle of Tippex. Hobbs has Jeff on zoom and he is not budging.

Back
Top Bottom