Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is not the Wolves I had known since I began supporting the team from season 1953/54. which is 70 seasons ago now, only the Bhatti years were worse than the current administration. Are they working to destroy our love to this club?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somehow we have to start convincing ourselves that O'Neil might be okay!
Okay I'll try start a list with the positives:

- He's not Lampard
- He's not Saunders
- He's better than Scott Parker
- He seems a nice bloke

On a serious note though, I do think he's probably not a disastrous manager. I just dont he's very good either.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is not the Wolves I had known since I began supporting the team from season 1953/54. which is 70 seasons ago now, only the Bhatti years were worse than the current administration. Are they working to destroy our love to this club?
They've taken us to Europe Premier league and best wolves squad for decades
Get a grip

colincameron

Reaction score
Okay I'll try start a list with the positives:

- He's not Lampard
- He's not Saunders
- He's better than Scott Parker
- He seems a nice bloke

On a serious note though, I do think he's probably not a disastrous manager. I just dont he's very good either.
Totally agree with this.

He's ok but what's far more significant here is what his appointment represents. Rather than anything to do with O'Neil himself.

It's all about the context and under the circumstances

lopetegui OUT --- Gary O'Neil IN .... well...... that's a poisoned chalice if ever I've seen one.

It just won't end well.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah we all want it but the financials mean we can’t spend right now. Shi is a pretty poor executive chairman or whatever his job is but we’d be hard pressed to say he hasn’t spent money and signed players.

Our starting side is as good as most in the league if not better than quite a few. We have sufficient options off the bench to change games. If he is the coach he claims to be he can also develop young talent too, we had quite a few that he either seemingly didn’t want or doesn’t rate but others do.

So yes Shi should go, but Lopetegui should stop complaining and making out he’s hard done by, work with the array of talent he already has and get on with it.
Now I do agree with that. But remember that it was the signing of over priced players and failing to sell players like Hwang, Traore and Neves at or near their peak that got us in to this mess.
The financial side is down to Shi and he has ****ed it up.
The football side is down (now) to Hobbs and JL and they have both done a good job since appointed. Better than expected.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why the hate for Balague? That interview was 100% instigated and scripted by Lopetegui.....and I'm not sure whythe hate for him either, without him lifting the lid on what a **** show the club is we'd all be lapping up Shi's liquid bull**** which he clearly isn't prepared to do any longer (and I can't blame him)

For the same reason Scott Sellars was blamed for everything bar world hunger.... welcome to the world of internet lynch mobs

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will get toxic very quickly with O’Neil completely wrong manager for the job
We have a tough start to the season and might conceivably only get something out of the Everton game in the first 5 matches, and even then it may be difficult if confidence is low. If we have only 2 or 3 points by Liverpool on 16 Sept, toxic won’t even begin to describe it
In contrast, after the Rennes match I was confident that it we could shock a few people under JL.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say rubbish every post

Ewok vs Wolf yesterday on Lopetegui leaving:

"10 pages of the usual pitch fork warriors based on.. Nothing has changed."
"Why should the club reply to attention seeking dross."
"I can't believe people think talksport is all of a sudden reliable Ignore the bull****"

On Fosun:

"only the entitled twitter Facebook keyboard warriors who can't see it" - we should be 'grateful' for them.

On Lopetegui interview:

"Balague is full of ****"

Your tune on Lopetegui depends entirely on what's happening. He is a mercenary today, he was a mercenary after the Balague interview. Yet in between he was a great manager who needed backing and trusting his judegement :D

You may be right, I might talk rubbish on every post, but I'm not at your level yet, bootlicker!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is .. but everyone as there own assessments.. I have given you the comments of a number of people who I know very well from Career also my own opinion.. Gary O'Neil is not the right one for the Job .. hope with all my heart I'm wrong

Thanks for the updates and your insights.

Have to say O’Neil would be an insanely risky appointment, and as such, would reflect poorly on the decision makers at Wolves. He needs a few years gaining experience in L1 or the Champ, and to build a trusted team around him. Only then would he be ready to take on a long term PL role.

As for Shi and Lopetegui, I don’t think either come away from this with any credit. Don’t hire an “elite” coach if you can’t back him or handle his ego, and don’t take the job, if you’re not willing to knuckle down through thick and thin.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but the squad he inherited was far poorer than what Lopetegui inherited, they had lost their previous three games 3-0, 4-0 and 9-0 and the previous manager had thrown his toys out of the pram like Lopetegui is now and said he hadn't been backed enough in the transfer window and it wasn't possible to keep them up. The job he did to keep them up was very impressive. Like i said he wouldn't be my choice but I don't see why we'd be certainties for relegation if he came in given what he did with a far poorer squad last season, I'd at least give him a chance.

If Lopetegui wants out though he should just reign, this talk of a pay-off and mutual agreement stinks. What has he done to deserve anything more than what he has already been paid to date? He's a snake.
The squad that JL inherited, which you now claim was so bloody wonderful, was rock bottom of the league and the general view was we were already dead and buried.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ewok vs Wolf yesterday on Lopetegui leaving:

"10 pages of the usual pitch fork warriors based on.. Nothing has changed."
"Why should the club reply to attention seeking dross."
"I can't believe people think talksport is all of a sudden reliable Ignore the bull****"

On Fosun:

"only the entitled twitter Facebook keyboard warriors who can't see it" - we should be 'grateful' for them.

On Lopetegui interview:

"Balague is full of ****"

Your tune on Lopetegui depends entirely on what's happening. He is a mercenary today, he was a mercenary after the Balague interview. Yet in between he was a great manager who needed backing and trusting his judegement :D

You may be right, I might talk rubbish on every post, but I'm not at your level yet, bootlicker!
I'm honoured you go to such length to dig all that up
I was wrong. I hoped jl would stay tried to convince myself but kinda knew this was coming
Let's move on

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Statistically the worst side in the league and played the worst football.
If they were statistically the worst side in the league they'd have kicked off their Championship campaign last weekend. I can't vouch for their quality of football but they had probably the worst squad and our football was hardly entertaining under Lopetegui either, I can't imagine it could have been much worse than that.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
It will get toxic very quickly with O’Neil completely wrong manager for the job
Totally agree - I give it until about 4:30pm on Saturday 19 August when Brighton are 4-0 up.after being spanked by Utd on Monday

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wait as well, I thought this and got so angry at the thought of it because I just know it will happen

They announce O Neil right, and two days before the Brighton game you watch the likes of Judah, Keen and the rest of them be all "oh fans lets get behind the boys, lets be a pack and not boo" which will be Jeffs cowardly way of trying to save face

I under no circumstances will support this, O Neil anyone **** the lot of them the players ironically who are usually the cause for relegations will actually be blame free this time around

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I do agree with that. But remember that it was the signing of over priced players and failing to sell players like Hwang, Traore and Neves at or near their peak that got us in to this mess.
The financial side is down to Shi and he has ****ed it up.
The football side is down (now) to Hobbs and JL and they have both done a good job since appointed. Better than expected.

I don’t disagree, our transfers strategy has been poor since the first season back up. But that’s for another thread. The reality is Lopetegui has more at his disposal than our previous 2 head coaches did in terms of quality and money spent. I mean there’s a strong case we need another central defender for sure but in reality we’re talking potentially a back up one. He’s seemingly moaning he’s not spaffing £25 million on a completely unproven backup midfielder from the championship.

Sa

Semedo Dawson Kilman Ran

Nunes Lemina Gomes

Cunha Silva Neto

Bentley
Doherty
Bueno
Toti
Traore
Hodge
Sarabia
Hwang
Sasa

If he’s telling us that’s not good enough to avoid a relegation battle then he’s not a good enough coach

Brighton, Brentford, Fulham all had decent seasons with arguably less than that. We could quite conceivably have a decent if unspectacular season and finish 10th and then from next summer we’re free to do more business

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad that JL inherited, which you now claim was so bloody wonderful, was rock bottom of the league and the general view was we were already dead and buried.

I don't know where I claimed it was wonderful but it was a damn sight better than Bournemouth's squad,. How many of their first team would you have had over ours??

This was the squad he inherited, absolute dross, and he kept them up.

1 - Mark Travers

2 - Ryan Fredericks

4 - Lewis Cook

5 - Lloyd Kelly

6 - Chris Mepham

7 - David Brooks

8 - Jefferson Lerma

9 - Dom Solanke

10 - Ryan Christie

11 - Emiliano Marcondes

14 - Joe Rothwell

15 - Adam Smith