Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Sanewolf

Reaction score
What a mess, not sure how you let this happen 5 days before the start of a brand new premier league season. Surely these conversations have taken place before now and you reach a conclusion way before this point.

Shambles all round.

I have zero confidence if Jeff Shi and the senior team to make the right appointment moving forward. Oneil will come in because he will be a cheap option and then he will be sacked in December and we will do this all again. So predictable its boring. ;

They got lucky getting Nuno and since then I genuinely cant remember them making a single good decision in relation to the football side of this club.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think he's all that great, got Brighton passing it round but completely ineffective. And now you can see that under De Zerbi Brighton are a very well run club, probably made Potter look a lot better than he is.
Very unfair assessment of his time at Brighton - he got the team humming and was creating plenty of chances, the players just couldn't put it in the back of the net.

Oh ****, that sounds a lot like Wolves. Never mind.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What aspect of his contract has he breached??

He is turning up, coaching the team and doing his day to day role.

You could only have him for professional gross misconduct for bringing the clubs reputation into disrepute via the interviews….. but good luck with that as it would likely not stand up in court.
I'm well aware of that. I'm not a lawyer either

But we all know he is engineering his move out - the interview was part of it. I'd still make him fight for his compensation because of what he is doing. Anyway all irrelevent, as this won't happen. We will pay him off, and we don't know what Lopetegui is doing on a dialy basis etc

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far Lopetegui has done an excellent job. The match against Rennais drew much appreciation for the style of play and the tempo. As it stands, things are looking promising for the coming season. I think we should all show our appreciation for Julen at every opportunity and leave him in no doubt that he is appreciated and loved by the fans. We need to do all we can to convince him to stay.

That ship has sailed I’m afraid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that's not why he delayed after signing. He rejected us a couple times to take care of his father. But I thought it was widely reported he wanted the World Cup break to mold the team his way. If I'm wrong, I digress.

I’m increasingly of the opinion he was just haggling for more money and was only here for the money.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S say “amicable”. BBC/Balague say “could exit”.

Wonder which side that is coming from. Any slim chance this ends in him staying?
At this point, I'm going with no. I still don't think we should pay him to leave.

But at some point you have to think of players. They're already going to feel like garbage that their coach thinks they're not good enough (despite some really good showings so far). Need to get someone in to motivate them.

Lopetegui really is a **** though if this is all true. Leaving 6 days before the season starts. Disgusting tactic.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had enough of that style of football over the last three seasons. I've posted elsewhere that the team have been coached into a more pressing, aggressive style in pre-season. If Gary comes in and effectively says 'stuff that' we're going to defend and survive then the players will down tools as much as it is possible to down tools as a pro-footballer.
It puts into perspective the statement that we need to treat the coming season like it was our first in PL. so it’s 10 at the back Alamo football. Truly shocking.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can someone find that 'JL is a wolf' banner, **** on it and set it on fire? Whatever he is, he isn't a Wolf or 'member of the pack' etc in my eyes at the moment.

Completely gone off the guy - we spent a **** load in January, on his watch, managed to stay up (playing crap but relatively effective football), and now have to deal with the fairly obvious FFP repurcussions.

In my eyes, a decent manager would knuckle down and get on with it, especially if getting very well paid to do so. We've still got a half decent squad and once we've settled the FFP thing then no doubt there will be money available to strengthen again.

I'd be happy if we get Potter, but worried if its that other bloke who wasn't good enough for Ballmouth...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonder which side that is coming from. Any slim chance this ends in him staying?

Only if they can’t reach a mutual agreement on separation terms. If he stays now it would be toxic which would be even worse.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What? They're hardly going to be bouncing off the walls to have a PE teacher telling them to defend.
If you think your coach walking out on you 6 days before the season starts because he didn't get Alex Scott is going to sit well with the boys... I think you're really misunderstanding the ego's of athletes.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I read even the E&S as being; amicable around the terms of exit, not any alternative.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think your coach walking out on you 6 days before the season starts because he didn't get Alex Scott is going to sit well with the boys... I think you're really misunderstanding the ego's of athletes.
Yeah, they looked like they absolutely hated being coached by an elite manager, they're absolutely chuffed hes gone and they've got Gary with his bibs and cones on the way.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa have managed to keep Emery happy.
We've managed to **** Lop off to the point he's leaving.

One club has ambition, the other does not. One will reap the rewards, the other will fall into irrelevancy.
Easy, people will attack you for praising another club for being run well and implying wolves aren’t…..

But yeah it is a massive sign of the lack of ambition and skill in the Fosun ranks

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m increasingly of the opinion he was just haggling for more money and was only here for the money.
Like I said before, that interview when he came in where it was hinted if he'd stay with the project if we got relegated (even with getting backed quite substantially in January) and he brushed it off.. should have shown us. He didn't really want to be here.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long-term, if we get lucky.. this might be for the best.

Like dating a supermodel who’s just not in love with you. It’ll only end in tears.

“Ooooh Wolves lied to me blah blah blah” so I showed my true colours and ****ed off. No respect for JLo over this either. *****.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did Shi/Fosun expect JLs reaction would be when they told him they were going to embark on a period of defunding?

How ****ing ironic it would be if that the first bit of money we spend this window is to pay JL off.

Its not the first bit of money we spent this window.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It puts into perspective the statement that we need to treat the coming season like it was our first in PL. so it’s 10 at the back Alamo football. Truly shocking.

From what I saw of Bournemouth last season, including at Molineux, this is all they did.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I didn't see a post match interview from JL after the Stade Rennais win on Saturday. Assuming I didn't just miss it, that speaks for what is going on behind the scenes.

IMO JL has no one to blame other than himself. Yes he may well have been misled on the financials, but that should have stayed within the club and been confidential. Gobbing off in the press is cheap trash talk and causes more disruption than there already is. I think the situation is irretrievable and just hope his replacement is (a) up to the challenge & (b) handles himself more professionally.

Assuming he goes, it could hardly have been at a worse time. That lies with JL.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like most, just sickened by the whole episode. Neither Shi/Fosun nor Loppy comes out of this well. It was plain as day that Loppy would leave sooner rather than later and (as in now the understanding) wants paying-off, despite leaving us in the lurch at the 11th hour. It also seems as if Fosun's plaything is now looking like a Christmas toy on Boxing Day and they are now bored with Wolves or the CCP is applying pressure to them.
Whatever, this is a totally unsatisfactory situation and the players must be as ****ed-off as us fans. Can't see anything but a (another) disappointing season and if we avoid relegation, I'll be astounded.
**** Loppy
**** Shi
**** Fosun.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have kept quiet on this .. facts are JL was asked a number of times to show his commitment to Wolves during the Summer and they he would not walk just before the season starts or early in the season which he did not do so .. After his famous interview Wolves were worried it would effect the Moral of the players and started looking for a replacement in case he did walk .. this was leaked from Bournemouth end by people who know Gary O'Neil and picked up by Crook who has connections there .. it was posted last week on the mix by someone that JL had again been asked to commit and Wolves wanted an answer by today and he has been proved correct .. Looks no way back for JL but we should not pay him off just my take on it ..
Now to my expertise Coaching and Coaches .. have not posted earlier has I have been speaking to highly respected coaches and Managers in the game about Gary O'Neil.. the overall assessment is that he is not ready to be a First team Coach or Manager whatever you call them now at the moment .. his type of play is siege mentality defensive negative football .. he was lucky to get Bournemouth job after Parker left as the club did not want to spend on big name Manager who would leave them financially obligated if the went down .. he was there and to his credit saved them with fire football including a lot of time wasting tactics which of course are now banned .. Wolves need a progressive manager/Coach to add to the excellent pressing performance from Saturday.. they are out there like Di Zerbia but none of them are English and need due diligence to find them but Wolves do not have the time
Whoever gets the Job will have my Support because I love my club .. sorry for War and peace
I am expecting at least a couple of signings but maybe surprise player leaving
Nunes or Kilman will go they want to milk the club dry

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they looked like they absolutely hated being coached by an elite manager, they're absolutely chuffed hes gone and they've got Gary with his bibs and cones on the way.
Again, ego's in sports are a very weird thing.

And I'd say a top manager rather than elite. Elite is pushing it. The time he was given a chance to be elite, he failed so hard it's not funny. 100 million spent and a club worth a MV of almost 1 billion.... for a 1.43 PPG. Fired before they even got to know his name.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see a post match interview from JL after the Stade Rennais win on Saturday. Assuming I didn't just miss it, that speaks for what is going on behind the scenes.

IMO JL has no one to blame other than himself. Yes he may well have been misled on the financials, but that should have stayed within the club and been confidential. Gobbing off in the press is cheap trash talk and causes more disruption than there already is. I think the situation is irretrievable and just hope his replacement is (a) up to the challenge & (b) handles himself more professionally.

Assuming he goes, it could hardly have been at a worse time. That lies with JL.

Reading too much into it. There are no press conferences for friendlies, never have been. Regardless of manager.

Back
Top Bottom