Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

superwolves

Reaction score
To be fair, he spent a fair old sum in January! How much more does he want, does anyone know?
Maybe he's accepted the financial situation on incomings but he wants assurances that no other players are gonna be sold? Its all speculation

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given what Lk is saying it would vidicate the little chat I reported taking place on Thursday between him, shi and hobbs has had the desired effect.

Plus I have to say the football I saw on Saturday was excellent best seen for a long while
heron

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Given what Lk is saying it would vidicate the little chat I reported taking place on Thursday between him, shi and hobbs has had the desired effect.

Plus I have to say the football I saw on Saturday was excellent best seen for a long while
You were pretty much spot on with your source about the meeting last week. Does this mean JL is staying? And why would this meeting have gotten leaked if JL had committed to the club?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we all dislike Jeff Shi and the way he is running things, but am I allowed to say I am getting pretty fed up with J-Lo as well?
Yes, you certainly can say that. It would be fair to think it.

Perhaps JL is from the Mourinho school of keeping the team/pack strong and everyone else is against us.. including owners.. protecting his players by directing any angst away from the pitch.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take potter in a heartbeat. Not likely. But I’m fed up of this should I stay or should I go ******

Either commit your future now for season or **** off. It’s damaging us

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand what has changed between now and in June when JL committed for this upcoming season. Was there more miscommunication about incomings? Hasn't been any real surprise outgoings. Why would JL have stayed on board if the relationship was irreparably broken? I can't wrap my head around this saga still playing out after two months and now being a week before the season starts.
Me neither. Just seems like no mark journos talking rubbish. Hope we are both right.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
awful situation

I don’t like the way JL has carried on but I bet he feels utterly betrayed

****ing wolves I bloody hate this club as much as I love it!!!!
I agree, a terrible situation after so much good work by Lopetegui.

I am of the opinion that this fiasco is ultimately down to the brittleness of Chinese management practices,
unable to back off when that is the obvious thing to do.

Lopetegui must be fuming.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this not the same as the story on Talksport?
Because if you take the impression on here JL is as good as gone and O'Neil is already here. All talksport seem to have done is re-ignite the story from the Balague interview.
We know JL wants to sign some players, we know he's dangling the threat of walking. The only new item is talking to one known candidate.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Looking back at what you said, does make sense,

But you also say money will come available if JL knew this it's a bit strange is it not
In my original quote I did say money would be available but attached the caveat of saying not known how much or when. My source has nothing new for me to add but did say it seems as if the club are aware that things are getting out that they didn't want made general knowledge so they are being a bit more security conscious

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guarantee that if JL walked out tomorrow plenty would say we should have been talking to other candidates, they've known for weeks he wasn't happy. Absolutely guarantee it.

Sure, but then why allow this to be leaked to the press? It’s intended as a threat or a counter to JL’s threat to walk. But JL holds all the cards in this game, and this just unsettles supporters and through them, the squad. If they think he’s likely to walk, then by all means line up potential replacements, but keep it quiet until it happens, and then quickly make an appointment. Then it looks like you had a backup plan all along. Now it just looks like a pathetic poker game played out through the press.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I guarantee that if JL walked out tomorrow plenty would say we should have been talking to other candidates, they've known for weeks he wasn't happy. Absolutely guarantee it.
It’s got to the point now where I don’t even care if he walks or not. The club is a shambles, a far cry from what we were under Nuno when we won the champ and got into Europe.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know we all dislike Jeff Shi and the way he is running things, but am I allowed to say I am getting pretty fed up with J-Lo as well?

I'm pretty fed up with all of it this season the manager, the lack of transfers. Shi etc.

Never felt so flat before the season starts regarding football, hopefully things get sorted.

Still will be there no matter how bad it is....the drug what is football.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, a terrible situation after so much good work by Lopetegui.

I am of the opinion that this fiasco is ultimately down to the brittleness of Chinese management practices,
unable to back off when that is the obvious thing to do.

Lopetegui must be fuming.
Or, the brittleness of Spanish management practices, unable to back off when that is the obvious thing to do?

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can absolutely guarantee that O Neil would be nobodies choice.
Before everyone gets all wound up, just maybe O'Neil was being sounded out as a potential caretaker head coach?

I can't imagine it would be easy to sound out higher profile coaches who are already gainfully employed when our HC is still in the role?

Just a thought.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure, but then why allow this to be leaked to the press? It’s intended as a threat or a counter to JL’s threat to walk. But JL holds all the cards in this game, and this just unsettles supporters and through them, the squad. If they think he’s likely to walk, then by all means line up potential replacements, but keep it quiet until it happens, and then quickly make an appointment. Then it looks like you had a backup plan all along. Now it just looks like a pathetic poker game played out through the press.
I don't think Wolves leaked this but who knows? My guess would be O'Neil himself, or someone close to him.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before everyone gets all wound up, just maybe O'Neil was being sounded out as a potential caretaker head coach?

I can't imagine it would be easy to sound out higher profile coaches who are already gainfully employed when our HC is still in the role?

Just a thought.
A sound thought.

DJW

Reaction score
In my original quote I did say money would be available but attached the caveat of saying not known how much or when. My source has nothing new for me to add but did say it seems as if the club are aware that things are getting out that they didn't want made general knowledge so they are being a bit more security conscious
The club needs to catch your source by the sound of it. Lol.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Wolves leaked this but who knows? My guess would be O'Neil himself, or someone close to him.
So if you were O’Neils agent would you:
1. Blab to the world if it were true or
2. Following the stories about Wolves considering alternatives ask a media mate to write something to get his out of work client some column inches?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are stretching the definition of ‘candidates’!

If we were talking to top coaches then that’s all good.

But that shower? I’d rather have Martin O’ Neill in the dugout to be honest
I'd rather have Tommy Docherty.... Those who remember his time here will realise what I'm saying! Not to mention that he's dead!

Back
Top Bottom