Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the Alex Scott thread @Lobo de Ouro

Time he had he own thread I think.

Talks last night have made his signing much more likely. Julen insistent - he's the one player he really wants and we will make it happen.

Get it done!

From this thread @Monk

From my reliable source Jeff, Hobbs and JL had a meeting on Thursday and JL was told in no uncertain terms to stop posturing and either comit to the club or go - some funds would become available (but they don't know how much or when). Also, they need his answer by Monday as they have a young English manager primed to take over before the season starts and is ok with the financial constraints at present.

My source doesn't know who is in the frame but for me Potter would be an ideal candidate

Also, Scott signing is not imminent if at all.

Don't shoot the messenger

So, it seems like there was a meeting on Thursday night (both agree on that). What isn’t clear is the result of the meeting.

One source has Scott almost certainly happening, with no mention of JL going. The other, Scott not happening and JL told to decide if he’s staying by Monday.

As requested, I am not shooting any messengers. No disrespect but I take most of it with a pinch of salt based on how many actually come to fruition.

The one thing here is, they can’t both be right (not without very unlikely and complex turns of events). Looking at it logically, if the latter were true and JL had decided to go, would he have bothered staying for today?

I am siding with nobody and I know the mix like these snippets but at the same time, if you look at a lot of the threads, they also lead to a lot of slanging matches and disagreements.

Just saying! (possibly for a friend). :)
To be fair, Lobo's actual wording was that it made the Scott signing "much more likely", so in that sense he's probably right if they gave JL an ultimatum and he confirmed he's staying, with some funds available.

He didn't actually say it was imminent or nailed on.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish he would hurry up and make up his mind, he likes to put things out there via his connections, obviously he won't walk without an offer being made to him, financially it would cost him to much, all it would take is a sentence saying he is contracted to Wolves and will honour that contract end of, if not just shut up and get on with the job which he is being well paid for and has a back up staff bigger than most from what I see pitch side.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair, Lobo's actual wording was that it made the Scott signing "much more likely", so in that sense he's probably right if they gave JL an ultimatum and he confirmed he's staying, with some funds available.

He didn't actually say it was imminent or nailed on.
Julen insistent - he's the one player he really wants and we will make it happen.

That’s not how it read to me.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just wish he would hurry up and make up his mind, he likes to put things out there via his connections, obviously he won't walk without an offer being made to him, financially it would cost him to much, all it would take is a sentence saying he is contracted to Wolves and will honour that contract end of, if not just shut up and get on with the job which he is being well paid for and has a back up staff bigger than most from what I see pitch side.
Lopetegui doesn't have to say anything, he hasn't said he’s leaving, it's all speculation

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Julen insistent - he's the one player he really wants and we will make it happen.

That’s not how it read to me.
JL may be insistent. That may make it more likely but I wouldn't say that makes it nailed on.

I could insist that Margot Robbie sleeps with me and I'll make it happen but that doesn't make it an imminent certainty.

All about interpretation I guess.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes I do just have a gut feeling my scores tell me it's 50 50 whether he goes .and Scott.to be here next week. If j l goes or stays .
Manager stands in middle of the pitch.
Fans sing manager's name.
Manager waves to fans.
Conclusion - manager about to leave.

Only on here I swear!

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Talk Sport just reported JL's future is hanging in the balance and Gary O'Neill is a strong candidate. Don't shoot the messenger.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk Sport talking about us?

No news from the Landan, Scouse and Manc clubs then? They must be desperate.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk Sport just reported JL's future is hanging in the balance and Gary O'Neill is a strong candidate. Don't shoot the messenger.
So what does that mean? They have no more clue than we do. Most clubs there is specualation all the time.
So 2+2= somewhere between 3 and 5 at best.

T

TheConcourse

Never going to happen. There’s no way they’ve gone from Nuno, Bruno, Julen to Gary O’Neill.

Genuinely, if this were to happen then it’s pretty clear there’s no plan.

Someone should take Julen to the school of resilience. He can work with these players FFS.

Back
Top Bottom