Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Level on points with 10th and 2 points off 8th, and winning the Europa League. The problem was Lopetegui's manipulative attitude and using the media, which resulted in destabilising Seville Football Club, causing devision and bad feelings, before the start of the season.
It is always about him, not the club or the fans.
With respect we all know your agenda on Lopetegui

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sad thing is, you said this would happen, got a lot of stick for it by the way, and it has panned out as you predicted. So far.
And a forum is for the kind of discussion you've brought to molineux mix re Lopetegui.
I hope you're wrong; that Lopetegui stops complaining and making us look a laughing stock; that we get some players in and the dream is back on. But he's not been great, in my opinion, and wasn't at points last season either.
So if he goes, let's hope we've a good replacement ready, and one who shows a bit of passion for Wolves as well as the ability Nuno and his staff had in making players better.
Lopetegui kept us in the premier end of debate

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui kept us in the premier end of debate
With a new season about to begin it’s fair to not forget our games under JL. It’s a serious concern.
It’s not the end of the debate for me because those games were dire……. sloppy passing, lack of attacking tactics, very few shots on target, let alone goals.

I can accept JL’s complaint provided we play well, win enough games and we have a respectable GD.

DJW

Reaction score
Heard today, JL is working the squad really hard. Getting them super fit.

Also morale in the squad is still very good.
They may need to be fit enough as our bench may not provide the quality for the number of substitutions JL favours.
Either way it's good to hear something positive coming from the club

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a new season about to begin it’s fair to not forget our games under JL. It’s a serious concern.
It’s not the end of the debate for me because those games were dire……. sloppy passing, lack of attacking tactics, very few shots on target, let alone goals.

I can accept JL’s complaint provided we play well, win enough games and we have a respectable GD.
I just don’t understand the negativity from some people towards him
I’m sure most people including those who are criticising him for his complaints and concerns on the squad would do exactly the same I know I would
If he said nothing the same people would then say he is just a yes man like a lot on her did say about Lage
Damned if he does Damned if he doesn’t
He’s a quality manager we are lucky to have just get behind the guy and support him and the club

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With respect we all know your agenda on Lopetegui
With respect, it is a long held opinion, that goes back several years, based on things that have happened and things he has said over years. Agenda and opinion are two different things. You could day it is an agenda, to shut someone up, with a different opinion to yours,

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure most people including those who are criticising him for his complaints and concerns on the squad would do exactly the same I know I would
If he said nothing the same people would then say he is just a yes man like a lot on her did say about Lage
He’s a quality manager we are lucky to have just get behind the guy and support him and the club
He’s the reason we aren’t playing championship football next season.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With respect, it is a long held opinion, that goes back several years, based on things that have happened and things he has said over years. Agenda and opinion are two different things. You could day it is an agenda, to shut someone up, with a different opinion to yours,
Not trying to shut you up at all
I simply do not agree with your constant negativity towards him over a sustained period
All I’m bothered is he kept us up and for that I’m very grateful

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not trying to shut you up at all
I simply do not agree with your constant negativity towards him over a sustained period
All I’m bothered is he kept us up and for that I’m very grateful

Since he became our manager, till the time he did the interview with his TV mate I said nothing negative about him. Is this true? If it is, it isn't constant negativity,. It is reactive criticism.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of companies and organizations wouldn’t have tolerated his public comments.

Quality manager?…..I haven’t seen that yet from him. Perhaps go back and look at the games under him and look at the stats.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the all the same people who are criticising him and i admit I am one, would also be calling him a "yes man" if he was more circumspect. The "yes man" jibe is normally made by people who don't, or don't want to, understand corporate responsibility. It is a popularlist slogan that appeals to those outside, or on the lower levels of a management structure, who want to feel superior to those who are closer to the decision making process. I felt Lage also displayed poor leadership qualities in his media communications. The difference is that I suspect Large's position was a result of his inexperience, whilst Lopetegui gives the impression that he has calculated the posture in order to promote his own interest. He is clearly a more accomplished than his predecessor, both on and off the field, but that does not always mean he is always acting in a way that benefits the club. I am sure that if he put the same effort into leading the club as he puts into protecting his own image he would be a fine manager.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's bonkers given his record

Imagine the poor cherubs on here if Mourinho had ever managed us

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since he became our manager, till the time he did the interview with his TV mate I said nothing negative about him. Is this true? If it is, it isn't constant negativity,. It is reactive criticism.
Then I disagree with you for criticising him about his concerns about the squad he has, sorry

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of companies and organizations wouldn’t have tolerated his public comments.

Quality manager?…..I haven’t seen that yet from him. Perhaps go back and look at the games under him and look at the stats.
I’ve been to every game he’s managed us, I’ll say again he kept us up!
You seem to be unhappy about that

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s the reason we aren’t playing championship football next season.
There were other factors that helped…….

it wasn’t just JL‘s fantastic attacking style, the huge improvement of shots on goal compared to Lage’s and let’s not forget the huge increase in goals and the fear that other clubs had of us. ;)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the all the same people who are criticising him and i admit I am one, would also be calling him a "yes man" if he was more circumspect. The "yes man" jibe is normally made by people who don't, or don't want to, understand corporate responsibility. It is a popularlist slogan that appeals to those outside, or on the lower levels of a management structure, who want to feel superior to those who are closer to the decision making process. I felt Lage also displayed poor leadership qualities in his media communications. The difference is that I suspect Large's position was a result of his inexperience, whilst Lopetegui gives the impression that he has calculated the posture in order to promote his own interest. He is clearly a more accomplished than his predecessor, both on and off the field, but that does not always mean he is always acting in a way that benefits the club. I am sure that if he put the same effort into leading the club as he puts into protecting his own image he would be a fine manager.
Some fair points but I’m sure he is putting 100% into the team

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He kept us up, it would be a disaster if he leaves us now but he should keep his grievances in house until the transfer window is closed . It is perfectly possible to have all of these views at the same time.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been to every game he’s managed us, I’ll say again he kept us up!
You seem to be unhappy about that
Aw come on. Of course I’m glad we stayed up but that’s the past.
I am genuinely worried about next season with JL. Hopefully my doubts will very quickly become a thing of the past if we start winning games.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed already (I have only skimmed through).

The one thing I think you can eliminate from the puzzle, is that any of what is going on, is a smokescreen, like some have suggested.

I have drawn that conclusion from what Doherty said. Things are far from perfect behind the scenes (or similar). A player doesn’t come out with that for the sake of it. He’d leave the mind games to those in charge.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were other factors that helped…….

it wasn’t just JL‘s fantastic attacking style, the huge improvement of shots on goal compared to Lage’s and let’s not forget the huge increase in goals and the fear that other clubs had of us. ;)
He had one job and one job only to keep us up and he achieved it with games to spare.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Rather than moaning about the “situation” as it stands, I’d far rather the manager looked at the way things are as a challenge and got on with it using his “skills”, which we would be the reason we appointed him, and made a good stab at competing with the rest. Otherwise is comes across as lacking confidence and preparing for a fall.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are right with the damned if you do, damned if you don't, and for sure we don't want a yes man. I personally think he has gone too far with the media and kept it mode in house, but I can still understand that the way he is playing it helps to save his reputation if it goes tits up. I do think it makes him look a bit of a dick though, and he has previous for that. From where we were at Xmas he did a great job keeping us up, spending quite a bit of money on the way. I am interested to see how it pans out. It would be nice to see some exciting football this season .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep noise is good, Silva happy and JL happy, and they really are beasting. They were running double sessions throughout portugal (2nd trip)

Maximising fitness.

Sometimes when in a fight, you want to be there for the 90 and run others into the ground especially if we are going to be chasing the ball
And to be fair, if we have a small squad they all need to be fit and be able to play for 90 mins, if JL doesn’t think the majority of the subs are up to it. Will be interesting to see if JL changes his approach to his use of subs in the first few games, because we know he liked to change things round at the 60-70 min mark before. Can only do that if the “finishers” are as good as the “starters”.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The stats that matters is that we were safe with 3 games to go and finished 13th, having been bottom not long after he arrived.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would say that once we were safe JL made it known that certain players were not to his liking and could look elsewhere.
I am going to guess that was Podence, Alt Nouri , Collins, Jimmy and Moutinho amongst others . Neves and Costa were going anyway,
Job done, and a new era is to begin . Try spinning that top until the tail end.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Suspect @Ercall Wolves attended every single game and has forgotten more about football than many of us know so doubt very much he needs to go back and look at the stats.

Back
Top Bottom