Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you seriously believe that Wolves are as bad as you describe?
Maybe take a step back and remember that Fosun got us promoted and Wolves have never finished worse than 13th.
And here we are about to start another PL season with a good, ( not perfect), squad and several players back from injury.
Seem todays ticket price increases?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are still jumping up and down with their fingers in their ears shouting la la la.

It’s as good as over. Trust has been destroyed by JL putting messages out in the media, and the fit between manager expectations and club budgets are totally misaligned.

This is utter neglect from Jeff Shi, who should be sacked immediately.
Do you not think if he was so unhappy and everything was so so wrong he’d not just walked by now and stroller into one of the many Saudi jobs at 10 times his current salary? He’s not been worried about walking out of other jobs in the past

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great way to increase your podcast listens (and increase your income) by being so ambiguous in a tweet.

In my opinion JL would have walked by now if not happy, he’s had the ideal opportunity to do so for a month, what he would lose financially in wages now would be absolutely dwarfed by what he’d be earning in Saudi.

I said in May he’d be our coach when we play United and I still feel exactly the same.
From what I’ve heard the club aren’t happy with him at all …

Suppose we’ll see when it goes up.

T

TheConcourse

I guess this is what happens when you hire a Europa League winning manager, get rid of a load of players and then come to him with a shortlist of Matt Doherty, Aaron Cresswell and Che Adams.
Absolutely bonkers isn’t it?

If JL leaves, which I’m fully expecting, then Jeff needs to follow. What on earth did they talk about through six years of the project and upcoming budgets?

Never seen such a haphazard recruitment process in my life.

T

TheConcourse

Do you not think if he was so unhappy and everything was so so wrong he’d not just walked by now and stroller into one of the many Saudi jobs at 10 times his current salary? He’s not been worried about walking out of other jobs in the past
I don’t think he’s so unhappy. Life isn’t terrible for him. I also don’t see him walking away from a few million quid - I certainly wouldn’t and I’m a fan.

Especially wouldn’t if I knew the owners of the club and how they seem to have approached the hiring process.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I’ve heard the club aren’t happy with him at all …

Suppose we’ll see when it goes up.

Well it’s on Jeff shi and fosun for this **** up and no one else

Signing Silva was still complete madness and sums up the lack of a clear strategic plan by fosun, amongst many other mistakes

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't going to walk, nobody would.

If he's gone in on Wolves in this interview it's a tactic to get them to sack him - which means a pay-off. Or it's him alerting other clubs he's still not happy and would leave.

I don't blame him if this is the case.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well it’s on Jeff shi and fosun for this **** up and no one else

Signing Silva was still complete madness and sums up the lack of a clear strategic plan by fosun, amongst many other mistakes
I'd argue signing Guedes, a player who clearly didn't want to be here, for £28 mil and then loaning him to Benfica and covering a portion of his wages is worse tbf.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s so unhappy. Life isn’t terrible for him. I also don’t see him walking away from a few million quid - I certainly wouldn’t and I’m a fan.

Especially wouldn’t if I knew the owners of the club and how they seem to have approached the hiring process.
Marco Silva was offered £20 million a year to manage in Saudi, JL if he’d quit wolves in May would have already earnt his severance package. If he wanted out he’d be gone months ago.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha JL got a bit of Trump about him…….complain about things in case he doesn’t do a good job?
Using the media to hint that he was mislead about budgets and ffp?

He took the job….now let him shut up and get on with it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its crunch time. I reckon there are some players that can be signed over the next two weeks and Jl is saying do it or I leave.

I hope it works because it must cause the players some distraction to think he would leave soon.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely bonkers isn’t it?

If JL leaves, which I’m fully expecting, then Jeff needs to follow. What on earth did they talk about through six years of the project and upcoming budgets?

Never seen such a haphazard recruitment process in my life.
To be fair 2003 takes some beating, as does some of the McGhee transfer windows and Solbakken and Saunders transfer windows. But it’s up there.

T

TheConcourse

Marco Silva was offered £20 million a year to manage in Saudi, JL if he’d quit wolves in May would have already earnt his severance package. If he wanted out he’d be gone months ago.
I can see that logic.

What do you think you is going on?

T

TheConcourse

Audio is crap. Will get the lowlights here. Not a great start:

“There’s no cash for anything”

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had been thinking back to his hope that "all players will be here for 1st July to start training". It is now nearly the end of July and all we have in new is King and Doc. Although a lot of players needed shipping out and FFP was/ is an issue, we have done no signings like a striker, midfielder and defender to keep the squad balanced. It has all gone quiet with Scott and Elvedi and it is concerning. This interview with Balague could just be another highlighting of our situation as it stands or maybe Balague just enjoying stirring things up. With our first game only three weeks away, we are in a mess with the squad not fully complete and prepared and I see Lopetegui going somewhere else, be it in Europe or Saudi. Shi has constantly been uneconomic with the FFP truth with him. Unless things change dramatically, I see us going down with Luton and the Blades. Hope I am proven wrong but reality is staring right in my face and it does not look good. Fosun need to sell up and leave football alone as they are out of their depth dabbling in football. For me, when Shi got shot of Dalrymple and Thelwell and took a lot of control himself, then fired Nuno, relied upon Sellars, we were walking the plank. A lot of clubs similar to us, Stoke, Leicester, that lot down the road etc have all had their years in the PL sunshine but dropped down. They could not keep up financially for so long and try to compete with the top six etc. Let us pray.....

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha JL got a bit of Trump about him…….complain about things in case he doesn’t do a good job?
Using the media to hint that he was mislead about budgets and ffp?

He took the job….now let him shut up and get on with it.

Under false pretences. Fosun moved the goal posts the second the ink was dry on the contract.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under false pretences. Fosun moved the goal posts the second the ink was dry on the contract.
Not a chance that that happened……utter no sense.
You think Wolves would lie to a new coach?……that would be crazy business.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let just hold our thoughts and guesses as it sounds like we are going to get the truth from the horse mouth, pray for good news

Back
Top Bottom