Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am starting to think he will walk.

And after what I was told earlier in the week from a good source, should Luton not win in the PO final, I think Rob Edwards is an absolute banker for the job.
If Julen does leave, then I think we could do a lot worse. We'll liked, Wolves in his blood, done miracles at Luton.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird you talk as if he was Rob Edwards and this was his first big opportunity, to be fair to him how many other elite managers would have put their reputation on the line and took on a club in the position and condition we were in 5 months ago.
Even Michael Beal didnt want to damage his unbeleivable standing in the game.
I'm not talking as if he's Rob Edwards at all, but most of the good results have been very much in the 'grind it out' mould, which is fine because the players have been under a lot of pressure. I expect that to change next season and for us to be a more efficient outfit like Lopetegui's Sevilla were

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird you talk as if he was Rob Edwards and this was his first big opportunity, to be fair to him how many other elite managers would have put their reputation on the line and took on a club in the position and condition we were in 5 months ago.
Even Michael Beal didnt want to damage his unbeleivable standing in the game.
Or he could see that 6 months previously we were floating around in 8th, and that he would have 50 million to spend on strikers.
People are talking like he kept Bournemouth up ffs.
With a break and 50 million pounds he managed to get a team together capable of playing mick Mccarthy-esque football to a midtable standard.
Our squad has gone from being unbalanced and full of wide players to unbalanced and full of wide players and defensive midfielders. We hardly ever play any of the wide players but when we do we seem to pick four of them.
Managers have strengths and weaknesses. I would give him a C-.
He has got us working hard but some of his selections have been terrible. His best results have come from pragmatism. He hasn't really endeared me with any of the things he has said or given me any indication he has a way of playing that will push us into the top half.
9 wins 4 draws 9 losses is okay. 5 of those wins came when we played 4-4-2. (5 wins, 2 draws 3 Iosses).
I would give him a C+ or maybe even a B- but I think he genuinely wants to keep Costa dear god.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he could see that 6 months previously we were floating around in 8th, and that he would have 50 million to spend on strikers.
With a break and 50 million pounds he managed to get a team together capable of playing mick Mccarthy-esque football to a midtable standard.
Our squad has gone from being unbalanced and full of wide players to unbalanced and full of wide players and defensive midfielders. We hardly ever play any of the wide players but when we do we seem to pick four of them.
He has got us working hard but some of his selections have been terrible. His best results have come from pragmatism. He hasn't really endeared me with any of the things he has said or given me any indication he has a way of playing that will push us into the top half.
9 wins 4 draws 9 losses is okay. 5 of those wins came when we played 4-4-2. (5 wins, 2 draws 3 Iosses).
I would give him a C+ or maybe even a B- but I think he genuinely wants to keep Costa dear god.
Bottom with 10 points, safe with 3 games to go.

C minus.

GET OUT

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you drunk? You have given him a C-, C+ and a B- in the same post.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom with 10 points, safe with 3 games to go.

C minus.

GET OUT
Sorry I don't care about that bottom with 10 points part. We've been a top half club since coming back into this division, with some top players and money to spend. I ain't gonna lower my expectations based on 5 games. He turned a side that finished 9th last year with a month break, who had no coaching staff for the best part of a month into a side with midtable form.
People want to call it a miracle. It really ain't. Have a look at some of the other clubs in this league.
It was an absolute ****ing travesty and a holy ****show that caused us to have 10 points. I ain't going to start acting like its some sort of miracle when the football we are currently playing reminds me of the stuff we played when we had Ward and Ebanks-Blake up front.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously don't get why Wolves haven't put you in charge, you clearly have all the answers.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously don't get why Wolves haven't put you in charge, you clearly have all the answers.
Haha. Why do people say this sort of thing when you criticise a manager but don't say maybe you should play right back...
It isn't a miracle getting a bunch of internationals to play dog ugly mid-table football. That is all that we've seen so far. I'm not going to start pretending it is either.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I don't care about that bottom with 10 points part. We've been a top half club since coming back into this division, with some top players and money to spend. I ain't gonna lower my expectations based on 5 games. He turned a side that finished 9th last year with a month break, who had no coaching staff for the best part of a month into a side with midtable form.
People want to call it a miracle. It really ain't. Have a look at some of the other clubs in this league.
It was an absolute ****ing travesty and a holy ****show that caused us to have 10 points. I ain't going to start acting like its some sort of miracle when the football we are currently playing reminds me of the stuff we played when we had Ward and Ebanks-Blake up front.
You are deluded. He made it look easy but leicester were a top,5 club and recent cup winners and they are as good as down. JL has worked a miracle. The numbers were not on our side. As for people saying he ground out results, ****ing hilarious. Look at leeds results playing expansive football. We stayed up with 3 to play. JL has done as well PPG as nuno so i, for one, think he has done well

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird, on January the 30th you thought we were doomed (if we didn't buy another striker, which we didn't).

Then quite simply we will be relegated.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We finished 10th last season and 13th the season before.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think WISC is being a little harsh and maybe on a little fishing trip, but for sure we were underperforming before Julen, and the team therefore always had some capability for improvement. I also agree that the football has been poor to watch, but concede that it may have been done pragmatically as the means most likely to get points. He dies make some strange decisions imo, but it will be interesting to see how he goes next season. As for Costa, I wouldn't keep either.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably speaks well of you too.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not the best source but have been right on a few Wolves things in the past, were first/early on Sellars sacking if I remember correctly.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not the best source but have been right on a few Wolves things in the past, were first/early on Sellars sacking if I remember correctly.
After seeing what happens when you **** up your managerial appointments I can’t see Fosun not backing him

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a pant wetter etc and I haven't read all previous posts tbh BUT I think it's very very concerning with the noises coming out of the club right now.

Can see JL being Spurs manager come August.

Its possible that we saw as a brave new world, the club saw as a sticking plaster to keep us in the Prem?

Hope to God I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling...
So you've not read much of what's been reported and you're concerned about the "noises" coming out the club, so you have a "bad feeling"?

Yeah, that seems reasonable.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha. Why do people say this sort of thing when you criticise a manager but don't say maybe you should play right back...
It isn't a miracle getting a bunch of internationals to play dog ugly mid-table football. That is all that we've seen so far. I'm not going to start pretending it is either.
Well said.
Yes, JL kept us up but look back through the ‘verdicts’ threads and remind yourselves how many times we’ve play very badly.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest the article is full of coulds and may be’s. It’s speculation and a conclusion that could be drawn from his statements last week.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with what you're getting at. Though being pedantic, the days when having a team full of internationals meant anything are long gone. Half the Championship has internationals and players who played in the World Cup. Realistically, our best player is a squad player for Portugal. Then we have their 2nd or 3rd choice keeper. A couple of others who might get in the Portugal or Spain team if they were playing Latvia. Nothing outstandingly ahead of anybody else in this league. And far behind the top clubs. Ironically, we got rid of the player who captained his nation to the World Cup semi-final.

Yes, the football is truly dog ugly mid-table football . Maybe that's the sticking point? JL knows the current squad have the quality to do anything else, so needs a big rebuild? And the funds are not available. After all, Fosun execs don't have to watch us, they just look at the league table and think we're doing fine.

Failing that, there's always Potter - though I am baffled as to why anybody thinks he could make us entertaining. Brighton were effective but deadly dull with him, De Zerbi has taken them up a level. Perhaps there's another like De Zerbi out there that nobody has ever heard of, but could turn our pigs ears into a silk purse? Might well be cheaper than replacing the number of players this squad needs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is it he came into a team that were bottom and shot of confidence and fitness. It’s not his players he’s had to be pragmatic and play in a certain way to get us out of the mess we were in. Which he’s done and done it better than most were expecting.
Next season is a fresh start with different players and julen will have had a full preseason to prepare no euros or World Cup to disrupt.
Excellent post, Gran!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with what you're getting at. Though being pedantic, the days when having a team full of internationals meant anything are long gone. Half the Championship has internationals and players who played in the World Cup. Realistically, our best player is a squad player for Portugal. Then we have their 2nd or 3rd choice keeper. A couple of others who might get in the Portugal or Spain team if they were playing Latvia. Nothing outstandingly ahead of anybody else in this league. And far behind the top clubs. Ironically, we got rid of the player who captained his nation to the World Cup semi-final.

Yes, the football is truly dog ugly mid-table football . Maybe that's the sticking point? JL knows the current squad have the quality to do anything else, so needs a big rebuild? And the funds are not available. After all, Fosun execs don't have to watch us, they just look at the league table and think we're doing fine.

Failing that, there's always Potter - though I am baffled as to why anybody thinks he could make us entertaining. Brighton were effective but deadly dull with him, De Zerbi has taken them up a level. Perhaps there's another like De Zerbi out there that nobody has ever heard of, but could turn our pigs ears into a silk purse? Might well be cheaper than replacing the number of players this squad needs.
Fiorentina’s manager, Italiano is worth looking at. Got Spezia promoted and kept them up. Moved to Fiorentina and has got them to a domestic and European final (although so has Moyes at West Ham)

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a pant wetter etc and I haven't read all previous posts tbh BUT I think it's very very concerning with the noises coming out of the club right now.

Can see JL being Spurs manager come August.

Its possible that we saw as a brave new world, the club saw as a sticking plaster to keep us in the Prem?

Hope to God I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling...
Calm down Han

70641D23-B528-438F-BE57-7C14D5A55FCB.png

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they are ****ing Julen around already he won't be here long.
Getting another manager again so soon would be a total disaster . We need continuity to manage the squad turnover.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually thought one of his recent media interviews kind of implied he might not be here.

If he does go then we should still be thankful that he managed to preserve our Premier League Status. Another positive is that he is kind of putting pressure on Fosun to find financial solutions to fund him properly for next season.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they are ****ing Julen around already he won't be here long.
Getting another manager again so soon would be a total disaster . We need continuity to manage the squad turnover.
A disaster would have been relegation. Flipping managers is not ideal but in the grand scheme its nothing compared to if we were to had found ourselves in the Championship next season.

Last edited:

AlwaysAwolf

Reaction score
I have thought Lopetegui leaving has been a real possibility since his messages to the press over the past week. I actually don't think him leaving will be the disaster some may think, especially as we would have the whole summer to identify another manager and players. Let's wait and see, personally I hope he stays and is just applying pressure for backing from Fosun.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have thought Lopetegui leaving has been a real possibility since his messages to the press over the past week. I actually don't think him leaving will be the disaster some may think, especially as we would have the whole summer to identify another manager and players. Let's wait and see, personally I hope he stays and is just applying pressure for backing from Fosun.
If Julen leaves because there’s no money we’ll struggle attract anyone of any note.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I actually don't think him leaving will be the disaster some may think, especially as we would have the whole summer to identify another manager and players.
The problem is he would leaving because he hasn’t been backed to put together his squad of players.

Having courted him for so long if they can’t find a way to back him sure as hell can’t see them backing a new manager.

The messages it would send as well if he didn’t get backed I would’ve thought would make it increasingly difficult to attract a decent alternative.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flipping managers is not ideal but in the grand scheme its nothing compared to if we were to had found ourselves in the Championship next season.
Context is key though... Should it come down to it, the reason we'd be flipping managers is because Julen himself believes that FOSUN won't provide adequate backing, despite it looking like a good chunk of the squad will be gone next season.

If he does end up leaving in the next week or so, It would suggest this summer & next season will be a big struggle!

Back
Top Bottom