Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's true JL is on his way, perhaps there's some truth that we approached Beale to manage in the interim before becoming assistant to JL?

I'm just trying to make sense of it all tbh.
I’m thinking they weren’t overly keen on waiting so went for Beale. When he turned us down they decide to wait after all I might be just being overly hopeful as I really want him to take over.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see Beale as ****y at all really. We went in for him. He gave it some thought and saw the same in our hierarchy as most of us are complaining about. Don’t think we should vilify someone for making a sensible decision. He’s come out and relatively subtly given his reasons why.
I agree with what you’re saying but he does come across as very remarkably self important given that he’s been managing for 8 odd weeks in the Championship.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With no cash in January no manager will want to come. That speaks volumes. Perhaps a sale of the club could be concluded by then…. Who knows

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a great idea and I hope it's true I have some doubts .Firstly leave it much longer and whatever assurances he may of gave be worth nothing when we are marooned at the bottom.Secondly I would of thought the players be up for it knowing he 's going to be taking over soon but they look like they don't have a clue either.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wont come with the current boffins running the club. He'll want some guarantees, be able to bring in his own backroom staff and have some control = he will go somewhere else.

Yes, this. Nuno's backroom staff were vital to his success. They played a huge role supporting the team. As the manager is the figurehead, he takes the glory, but Nuno himself was always talking about the hard work they were doing, too. I don't think Nuno by himself would have been enough to get anywhere near those 7th place finishes.

I'm actually listening out more for the coaching and backrool staff arrangements as much as a new manager. It looks like the whole setup has been allowed to slip since Nuno left. I can't see anyway Lopetegui (or anyone) could turn us around unless he selects and brings his own staff setup. Fine if he's happy with any existing staff, but it has to be a decision the manager is in control of.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this. Nuno's backroom staff were vital to his success. They played a huge role supporting the team. As the manager is the figurehead, he takes the glory, but Nuno himself was always talking about the hard work they were doing, too. I don't think Nuno by himself would have been enough to get anywhere near those 7th place finishes.

I'm actually listening out more for the coaching and backrool staff arrangements as much as a new manager. It looks like the whole setup has been allowed to slip since Nuno left. I can't see anyway Lopetegui (or anyone) could turn us around unless he selects and brings his own staff setup. Fine if he's happy with any existing staff, but it has to be a decision the manager is in control of.
Add to this that we are a team on a steep downward trajectory, rumoured to be waiting for a new owner so it would be a potentially massively risky career move for him on the back of his recent sacking.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He comes across that way to me. Not sure it's a bad attribute to have as a manager.

I guess we all see things differently dont we? There’s a fine line between confidence and ****iness but it’s open to interpretation.

Have to be honest though. I don’t blame him for not coming

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He comes across that way to me. Not sure it's a bad attribute to have as a manager.
The only time I’ve heard Beale interviewed has been on TalkSport by Jim White who’s horrible sanctimonious, patronising, ‘leading‘ interview style would make Dalai Lama sound like Donald Trump.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see Beale as ****y at all really. We went in for him. He gave it some thought and saw the same in our hierarchy as most of us are complaining about. Don’t think we should vilify someone for making a sensible decision. He’s come out and relatively subtly given his reasons why.
I think there's an anti ****ney thing with Wolves fans. Speaking Estuary English myself, I've experienced it first hand.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add to this that we are a team on a steep downward trajectory, rumoured to be waiting for a new owner so it would be a potentially massively risky career move for him on the back of his recent sacking.

I think the chances of Lopetegui ever managing Wolves are slim anyway but theres absolutely no chance that he will come if Fosun/ Mendes arent around.

David Hill

Reaction score
I think the chances of Lopetegui ever managing Wolves are slim anyway but theres absolutely no chance that he will come if Fosun/ Mendes arent around.
Perhaps that’s the real reason he didn‘t join before - he wanted more certainty on Fosun/Mendes involvement at Wolves going forward. Would also potentially explain the Davis until 2023 and subsequent silence despite the predicament we find ourselves in - a possible deal may be on the table which needs to be completed before the end of the year.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps that’s the real reason he didn‘t join before - he wanted more certainty on Fosun/Mendes involvement at Wolves going forward. Would also potentially explain the Davis until 2023 and subsequent silence despite the predicament we find ourselves in - a possible deal may be on the table which needs to be completed before the end of the year.
It does seem likely doesn't it. There was also that random Tweet from a supposedly reliable source claiming that questions over our ownership were affecting the manager search.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m thinking they weren’t overly keen on waiting so went for Beale. When he turned us down they decide to wait after all I might be just being overly hopeful as I really want him to take over.
It perfectly illustrates the complete lack of a plan though doesn't it?

Plan A - a highly respected manager with a proven track record from Spain with experience at international level and southern Europe's top clubs.

Plan B - Mick Beale.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It perfectly illustrates the complete lack of a plan though doesn't it?

Plan A - a highly respected manager with a proven track record from Spain with experience at international level and southern Europe's top clubs.

Plan B - Mick Beale.

While defending Shi isn't a hill I want to die on (I want him gone) I don't think this Plan A and Plan B switch is the problem. Because imo it's quite an understandable approach. You're looking at your next important appointment and think 'well, we can appoint a top level manager right now, or we can invest in someone we think will become a top level manager in future.' As an A and B I think that's fine.

What bears our your point about lack of plan is everything else. "Let's also talk to the guy we sacked 18 months ago and plays cautious football. And a coach at Chelsea. And a guy who used to work here and just got sacked from Watford. And a guy who has managed at top-level clubs but plays gung-ho football."

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A periodic update from the Wolves Next Manager market on Betfair. That market has consistently said, "No-one knows." What's interesting now (while the amounts traded are very small) is that there's no absolute certainty that Steve Davis will be the interim manager on December 31st.
Above all though, the market still says that no-one has a clue what's happening and, as I've said many times, I'm certain that extends to Shi and Sellars

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A periodic update from the Wolves Next Manager market on Betfair. That market has consistently said, "No-one knows." What's interesting now (while the amounts traded are very small) is that there's no absolute certainty that Steve Davis will be the interim manager on December 31st.
Above all though, the market still says that no-one has a clue what's happening and, as I've said many times, I'm certain that extends to Shi and Sellars
I was told thismorning that Sellars is actively looking for a manager. Liam keen has since confirmed that to be the case. This tells me Julen isn't the master plan.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was told thismorning that Sellars is actively looking for a manager. Liam keen has since confirmed that to be the case. This tells me Julen isn't the master plan.
Surely you identify preferred candidates, contact their agents, and if they are receptive enter into negotiations.
It shouldn't take as long as we are taking unless there is/are fundamental problem (s)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wont come with the current boffins running the club. He'll want some guarantees, be able to bring in his own backroom staff and have some control = he will go somewhere else.
It may be that he feels an obligation to Fosun and he has been assured he will have controL of our senior football .
My hope anyway .

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely you identify preferred candidates, contact their agents, and if they are receptive enter into negotiations.
It shouldn't take as long as we are taking unless there is/are fundamental problem (s)
The fundamental problem is the guy we wants dad is ill and he wants a break from football.
I don't want them to go down the route of looking for anyone else or we might end up with Phil Mitchell this time.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fundamental problem is the guy we wants dad is ill and he wants a break from football.
I don't want them to go down the route of looking for anyone else or we might end up with Phil Mitchell this time.
Or we might end up with nobody or someone who's really crap. What if JL is not available until March/April. There should be a contingency plan in place. Maybe there is and it's relegation.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Just read Beale's interview in the Torygraph.

He comes across a little self entitled.
Hope we get q p r in the 3rd round of the f a cup and put the record straight......he's believing his own hipe ........mick who never heard of him tell a few weeks ago .
Just read Beale's interview in the Torygraph.

He comes across a little self entitled.

Back
Top Bottom