Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me smile with Lops. He is still the manager I would want, yet he has turned us down twice (both legitimate reasons in fairness) and his side beat us in our biggest game since 1972. He may as well join another PL side to really stab us in the back, and twist the knife.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s coming here why don’t we just say so at least the fans would know where they stand and what’s going on. Would also massively increase support knowing that a top class coach that is worth waiting for is coming in.

Exactly why I dont think he is coming, mate. He will end up at Leeds is my bet.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s coming here why don’t we just say so at least the fans would know where they stand and what’s going on. Would also massively increase support knowing that a top class coach that is worth waiting for is coming in.
Probably because plenty can change from now and the time of his arrival.

The passing of his father could have negative impact on him mentally.

He may decide to take some time out the game.

A bigger club could come in and hijack the deal.

Ever since the Fosun takeover we have tried to operate silently.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain't getting anybody, surely that's obvious? The club will be sold in the New Year for whatever FOSUN can get for it. Read the thread on the Forbes Report. FOSUN are in deep, deep financial ****. The last thing they will be doing is risking having to pay off the contract of an expensive manager. The project is over, folks.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone please explain where this Leeds connection is coming from? People will soon be quoting it a "rumour", but it just seems to have come out of the blue in this thread. I'm not a Twitter user - have I missed something?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Balague said Lopetegui would be in the Premier League soon even before he turned us down.

I don't think there's any new developments, just that the PL is where he will get a job next.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain't getting anybody, surely that's obvious? The club will be sold in the New Year for whatever FOSUN can get for it. Read the thread on the Forbes Report. FOSUN are in deep, deep financial ****. The last thing they will be doing is risking having to pay off the contract of an expensive manager. The project is over, folks.
Why would they have to pay his contract off?

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lopetegui won't be going to Villareal. They have named Quique Setiene as there new manager.

Already ffs!!!! Don't they have a clue? They are supposed to fanny and faff about for at least 3 weeks, pedaling the job to at least 2 coaches that will turn them down publicly before appointing their U21 coach until 2023!!!

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would that help or hinder the interim guy? I'm not sure which myself.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I mean how dare he want to spend time with his seriously ill elderly father.
I did not mean to imply that. We have been discussing managers in general. I dont know what has been said between our recruiting team ( whoever they are ) but this situation is getting more and more of a joke.
Either we have enough reasons for a top manager to come here or we have to cut our cloth and accept that the well has run dry and lower our expectations.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did not mean to imply that. We have been discussing managers in general. I dont know what has been said between our recruiting team ( whoever they are ) but this situation is getting more and more of a joke.
Either we have enough reasons for a top manager to come here or we have to cut our cloth and accept that the well has run dry and lower our expectations.
My guess is that Lopetegui has said he wants the job but needs to spend some time with his father first. We then tried to get Beale in and when he turned us down we decided to wait for Julen.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess is that Lopetegui has said he wants the job but needs to spend some time with his father first. We then tried to get Beale in and when he turned us down we decided to wait for Julen.
Massive gamble we could easily have another 3 losses and be 6 to 8 points adrift in 20th by WC,

We then have United as well as Newcastle I think it is and possibly losing neves probably early doors in Jan

How wonderful, but we have been through this and league one in my recent years so hey find the fight and in the darkness cometh light

But seriously from our next 6 I currently dont see a win

Where as Leicester, west ham even the vile showing how to fight. Look at Moyes and Rodgers they are getting to turn round

Just have to rely on forest finding **** still and southampton and Leeds dragging too

Clipboard

Reaction score
Why do u think Lopetegui might want the job? We love the club but why would he be desperate to come?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just to show though the lack of ability of Shi and Sellars to run a club with focus and motivation. As was pointed out previously on this site that the way it was announced that Davis would stay as manager until the end of the year was handled in a way leading to demoralising Davis and the team.
There are ways to do things. We must have the same PR team as Liz Truss.

Back
Top Bottom