Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • Full choice over his coaching staff
  • Significant bonus for avoiding relegation
  • Significant bonus for achieving a Top 10 finish
  • Significant influence over incoming & outgoing transfers during tenure
    • Or significant say in the choice of a new Director of Football
  • Significant transfer funding to be available for Jan (£100m)
  • Review of the Club's medical & conditioning Team
If No...... then "Jog On Jeff"
Agree with almost all of this.
Should be given the top footballing job in the club , in charge of all footballing matters reporting to Shi directly .
So Shi , Lopetegui and Mendes would be the power trio.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget tactics & formations, I think Lopetegui will have to sacrifice his first born to get us back on track.

11 big chances created. Pretty much 1 big chance per game, and with not many forwards who are goalscorers throughout their careers, most of those big chances are fluffed. Something is very wrong with our football and/or players there.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
11 big chances created. Pretty much 1 big chance per game, and with not many forwards who are goalscorers throughout their careers, most of those big chances are fluffed. Something is very wrong with our football and/or players there.
I wonder what counts as a big chance. I can only remember the Jimenez one when he was clean through against Bournemouth. I don't think we've had another one-on-one all season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what counts as a big chance. I can only remember the Jimenez one when he was clean through against Bournemouth. I don't think we've had another one-on-one all season.
Donck at Leeds was another one.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my view the biggest change the team need right now is an attacking philosophy. After a season and a bit with Bruno, there are still too few players in the box and we still attack teams in the same way, down the flanks. Until this changes we’re stuffed.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've scored 3 goals so have to include them. Costa header at West Ham, does that count?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was also the Podence header in that Bournemouth game

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget tactics & formations, I think Lopetegui will have to sacrifice his first born to get us back on track.

Could be seen as quite encouraging - you'd expect us to have scored an extra 6 goals based on the chances we've created.

People understood that Sa's exceptional performance would revert to the mean, our finishing should improve too for the same reason.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be seen as quite encouraging - you'd expect us to have scored an extra 6 goals based on the chances we've created.

People understood that Sa's exceptional performance would revert to the mean, our finishing should improve too for the same reason.
With a change in management and an injection of self belief it may well do.

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Well he signed a new deal to 2024 in 2021 with them.

Ie sevilla,

He will want assurances of relegation bonus, etc.

I reckon hes going to want 80 to 100k a week,

Lage was suppose to be on 50k a week

Potentially January investment into a striker.

If he is able to turn it around new contract for neves. Then a splash in summer for european target in addition to whats already been spent
I'd apply, but I couldn't afford the wage cut

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his interview last week Steve Davis was talking about when we're attacking and that we get into good positions but players are taking safe positions

"We need to get players in the box, we need to break lines with our runs, and we take up a lot of good, safe positions, but we don’t threaten the box"

That needs to change for us to start scoring

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his interview last week Steve Davis was talking about when we're attacking and that we get into good positions but players are taking safe positions

"We need to get players in the box, we need to break lines with our runs, and we take up a lot of good, safe positions, but we don’t threaten the box"

Well he will have been working with them for 2 weeks.... let's hope they are listening to him.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats exactly our problem,safety first football
We make safe passes,take up safe positions,in fact the only time we dont play it safe is at the back where we continue to put ourselves in trouble with passing it around our own box
I know its modern football to play it out from the back but my god we mess it up 2/3 times a game
Opponents know this and press us high every time,then we make 4/5 passes knock it back to Sa who boots it up the field ,crazy

At the other end we play pretty football till the final third then delay the cross or pass it backwards time and time again
We need to be more direct at times,certainly do things more quickly
We have the players for sure, just need to use them right and tell them to play their game

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN versus West Ham was a good chance. Unfortunately he inexplicably passed rather than shot.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There was the one where somebody (Raul?) put in a great cross to Guedes who somehow let it hit his neck/shoulder. Seemed a very good chance at the time.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His own coaching staff will unquestionably help, but in terms of first team affairs, Lopetegui is a very hands-on head coach who will very much be running the show in every session. No question of his staff coming over before him, all that will do is improve the players conditioning (which in all honesty wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing)

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His own coaching staff will unquestionably help, but in terms of first team affairs, Lopetegui is a very hands-on head coach who will very much be running the show in every session. No question of his staff coming over before him, all that will do is improve the players conditioning (which in all honesty wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing)
Anything to get progress lift the mood here and among the players

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good recent vid

Thank you, he appears to be a very concise communicator, very much to the point. Fingers crossed we get this deal done, and let them start to work on our players and hopefully improve them both physically and mentally.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can safely assume a new manager won’t be in the dug out for the Forest game, unless Shi has a big surprise for us all.

Hope the players have been jolted into match day vigour with a big desire to score. Otherwise it will be a 0-0 and, I suspect, not a very exciting one.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a harsh comment. If JL's elderly father is in poor health, this potentially could be the last chance he gets to see him in person before relocating a thousand miles away. I've been as critical of Jeff as anyone, but this is nothing if not respectful on his part.
I wasn't referring to traveling to meet him, just to even considering him again. He turned us down once, & doesn't seem too invested in managing outside of Spain &-briefly-Portugal. The Spanish national job may have been his dream opportunity, but he was willing to sour things by listening to Real Madrid. A Chinese-funded 'project' in the Black Country-now more fueled by desperation than optimism-may just not be on his bucket list of attractive job opportunities.

Last edited:

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fobbed him off to take the Spain job over championship wolves how very rude of him Jeff should rightly never speak to him again
Well, I wouldn't. He doesn't seem to have shown any ambition to work outside of the Iberian peninsula, & left the Spain job when Real Madrid called.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to traveling to meet him, just to even considering him again. He turned us down once, & doesn't seem too invested in managing outside of Spain &-briefly-Portugal. The Spanish national job may have been his dream opportunity, but he was willing to sour things by listening to Real Madrid. A Chinese-funded 'project' in the Black Country-now more fueled more by desperation than optimism-may just not be on his bucket list of attractive job opportunities.
How many English managers are interested, good enough or considered good enough to to operate outside of England. There are very few good enough to operate on the EPL. as it is.
I think you're being a tad harsh there.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't. He doesn't seem to have shown any ambition to work outside of the Iberian peninsula, & left the Spain job when Real Madrid called.
That's a bit like criticising Southgate if, after the World Cup, he were take a manager's job with the Sky 6. Who could blame him and there's a powerful arguement that Real are bigger than any of the Sky 6. By the way I'd drive Southgate there tomorrow..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom