Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon the poster that came up with JLo hit the nail right on the head for nickname . I can’t help but think Hey Jules to Hey Jude song, last used for Doog would fit nicely

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon the poster that came up with JLo hit the nail right on the head for nickname . I can’t help but think Hey Jules to Hey Jude song, last used for Doog would fit nicely
Or we could make a new one?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely does............ interesting interview and talks about his desire to manage in England

That wasn't very reassuring. Quite broken and imprecise English, not close to someone like Mourinho.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wasn't very reassuring. Quite broken and imprecise English, not close to someone like Mourinho.
Thought it was good myself. Understood the questions posed to him no problem (and that's the hardest thing about speaking in another language in my opinion, listening to it) and had good enough command to give detailed answers. Give him a few weeks using the language every day to iron it out and he'll be well away

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
They pulled lage pronton due to fan duress and the pure ****e that was the west ham game.

Percy and keen both thought it could be chelsea or just before.
I agree with that I think both keen and Percy were right at the time, but things changed quickly both here and in Spain

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't hate him and will back him if he his our manager. I understand people want illusion and Wolves have been beyond **** lately and they are looking forward to better times.
I gave a view from the vast majority of Sevilla fans from here. I really hope when he comes everything is fine. Like I have always said, I will support him anyway, as soon as he is the manager. If things go ****, I won't be saying I told you so. I really hope he is successful with us.
You obviously know a lot of arm chair Sevilla fans. Those in the ground gave him a really good send off. Perhaps they realise that selling your best players can have a big impact.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting a strong feeling that this change to Lopetegui was on the cards for a long time . May be in our plans for over a year .

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be doubtful that he would come to Wolves. Can't see much upside for him to be honest. Also his missus might take a dim view.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quote from the renowned pundit Danny Murphy:
"I don’t even know if he speaks English. It would be a risk,” says Murphy, formerly of Liverpool, Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur. “But isn’t any appointment a risk?

Why not just ****ing Google him. Simple as that. He does.
He also speaks Portuguese from his days coaching Porto.
Did he say the same about Bielsa who needed a translater constantly. What a plonker

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t deny that. Overall I don’t think he had that much flack from the crowd. But once the away fans go, there’s no going back.
The fans have been very patient. For the most part we were willing to sit on our hands and see how things pan out.

Southampton was the previous match in which we could have turned, but he survived that one with a lucky win. Man City was a free hit, the fans behaved accordingly...

It was the manner of the defeat and team selection that done him at West Ham. I imagine a draw or even an unlucky defeat would have seen Lage limp on to Chelsea where we'd probably have treated it as another free hit...

Forest at home would have been the crunch, I believe we'd have all been primed to have a go. Even a lucky win would have seen unrest...

As fans perhaps we were too lenient. He should have been given both barrels at the end of last season, may have prompted the club to act...

Saying that though, there were rumours on Lopetegui then. His stay of execution may well have been what saved Bruno and he has been nothing but a place holder until someone suitable became available.

Last edited:

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want to be doing the bad thing with Craig David for four days straight?
Not for me....but each to their own and that.
I agree, I'm all for going for a drink with him on Tuesday but I'm a no show after that I'm afraid.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I expect a very quick process now.

Talks are set to be held on Thursday with the Midlands club hoping to move quickly to get a deal done.

Wolves have made a poor start to the season as they sit 18th in the Premier League table with just six points from eight matches.

And while Lopetegui leaves Sevilla just a point above LaLiga’s relegation zone and five points off second in their Champions League groups, he boasts good managerial credentials.

Lets hope he is in place by Sunday to get the team ready for a MUST WIN GAME AGAINST FOREST

Back
Top Bottom