Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Look at the table! 6th is ours for the taking.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As i say about Forest every year it is the hope that kills you!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, after Friday night, I'd pretty much written off our chances of Europe, but with yesterday's results and hopefully Wet Spam dropping points today, it's back on. But we have to stop going into some games with a negative mind set, it's understandable against the top 3 but we have to play with more confidence in the other games.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, after Friday night, I'd pretty much written off our chances of Europe, but with yesterday's results and hopefully Wet Spam dropping points today, it's back on. But we have to stop going into some games with a negative mind set, it's understandable against the top 3 but we have to play with more confidence in the other games.

It’s the hope that kills you.

It’s not happening. We’re not consistent enough. We’ve had so many chances to break into that top 6 this year and we’ve messed it up every time.

It’s bloody soul destroying.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s the hope that kills you.

It’s not happening. We’re not consistent enough. We’ve had so many chances to break into that top 6 this year and we’ve messed it up every time.

It’s bloody soul destroying.
I'd rather be in the position we are than bumbling along in 12th. Yes we are inconsistent but so is every team outside the top 3. Utd have some terrific individuals but a sh##show of a team ethic, Spurs probably have the best front line in the league plus a top coach now but are poor defensively, Arsenal looked like they were getting somewhere but then have lost 2 on the bounce versus ordinary teams.
I'm still gunna get excited about every game till its impossible for us to get at least 7th.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather be in the position we are than bumbling along in 12th. Yes we are inconsistent but so is every team outside the top 3. Utd have some terrific individuals but a sh##show of a team ethic, Spurs probably have the best front line in the league plus a top coach now but are poor defensively, Arsenal looked like they were getting somewhere but then have lost 2 on the bounce versus ordinary teams.
I'm still gunna get excited about every game till its impossible for us to get at least 7th.

I’m the same as you. Looking at the table to see how others have got on even after Fridays horror show.

We can still do it, I’m just not convince we will.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Kind of typical of us since we've been promoted, we've had our fair share of horrors against lower teams because they defend deep against us and we have never had a coherent way of breaking them down

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least two of Neto , Podence and Jimenez need to start every game, to build up momentum . With Semedo and Alt Nouri on the flanks .
I said a while ago that for us to get Europe the key for me was Jimenez firing and scoring. Well that hasn't happened but if we can get Podence and Neto on the pitch together they may be able to provide the ammunition he needs. Neves coming back would be a bonus so with that forward line and our solid defence and as important Utd and WHU throwing points away, like us, we can still keep the dream alive.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There's a Twitter account that posts videos of **** 90s football, it's ****ing hilarious. Some of those lads would struggle to play L2 these days.

Yeah, mad how bad the first touches and the defending is unbelievable in terms of how much space forwards are given. Goals scored where literally no one is within meters of striker in the box

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the run in for all the teams, 6th really is the very best we can hope for now, but we would need a lot of draws between the other teams above us who are playing each other.

9th is probably a worst case scenario.

I think 60 points is the minimum we would need to sneak 6th, which would mean winning 4 of our last 6 (basically, all the games that aren't City or Liverpool!).

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything tbh...so I'm not too upset if we **** it up .

D

Deleted member (smith)

I had a look at the run in , form etc….my supercomputer says that Leicester have a soft run in and May well catch wolves….the supercomputer says that 9th is more probable than 6th, but 8th is the predicted finish.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the run in for all the teams, 6th really is the very best we can hope for now, but we would need a lot of draws between the other teams above us who are playing each other.

9th is probably a worst case scenario.

I think 60 points is the minimum we would need to sneak 6th, which would mean winning 4 of our last 6 (basically, all the games that aren't City or Liverpool!).

Think there is a lot more chance of finishing ninth than finishing sixth

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I think Leicester will take 8th. We will get 9th unless we totally implode. If we win all apart from City and Liverpool, which is unlikely we may pip 7th.
Most fans would have taken 9th at the start of the season and anything above is just a bonus.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
8th would be a bit gutting considering we’ve been challenging for Europe most of the year, but it wouldn’t make it a bad season.

Back
Top Bottom