Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i thought he was supposed to have done well in his first few games for them?

He did, but that was kind of my point earlier, they started the season with a bit of attacking intent and Hoever scored a couple (1 in the league and a few in friendlies I think plus assists) - his sweet spot I think (an attacking fullback). The results weren't going for them really so they had to grind results out where defence is the corner stone - that's where it goes wrong. He hasn't scored or assisted since 30th September

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change of management and the way they play means he won’t get much game time.

they were also juggling loan players anyway (I think they had their quota in a matchday squad) so if they want others to come in for the new manager, some have to make way.

He's been in and out, I'm not too disappointed that he now gets to go somewhere else he might get more game time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think with chiquhinho we probably hope he does well and one of the big teams in Portugal will want to sign him for about 7/8m in the summer...I reckon.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought it strange that he only gained 1 international cap for Wales at U17 level. Thought he would have had more recognition.

he fell out with the wales mgt I think and decided not to play for them. I'd have expected that to change by now but so far nothing

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought it strange that he only gained 1 international cap for Wales at U17 level. Thought he would have had more recognition.

I don't think he's bothered about international football though I would expect if it was England calling he would. Wales fans definitely think that.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i thought he was supposed to have done well in his first few games for them?

Well I think he's played over 40 games for them now in total so they have a bigger sample size. Few goals at the beginning of each of his spells there got him off to a good start but they really don't rate him as a defender whatsoever.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's bothered about international football though I would expect if it was England calling he would. Wales fans definitely think that.
That's not the experience of my grandson who has represented Wales at under age level. Some get poached by England as a result of their performances for Wales.
Only one cap suggests he may have been discarded. He's English born.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we missing Matt Jackson with our loan players? A decent proportion of them have come back and haven’t played as much as they’d have hoped.

dnf14

Reaction score
I like Chem but from what I have seen of Chirewa in the u21 games, he is better.
Bit of a disservice to Chem; it was largely the form of him and Bueno in the latter half of the 21/22 season that got the u21s promoted and into the final of the PL Cup.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a disservice to Chem; it was largely the form of him and Bueno in the latter half of the 21/22 season that got the u21s promoted and into the final of the PL Cup.

Dont get me wrong. I rate him as I said above but just feel from seeing Chirewa this season that me may be even better.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well yes ...but ya can't make teams pick players....if they play well they will get picked .. it's inevitable kids of 18/19 will be in and out when dipping there toe in men's football...
I agree with this but I think it was his full time job to handle outgoings (permanent too I think) so would find clubs who play the style that would suit the players and would play them more often than not. Obviously if they turn out to not be good enough then he can’t help that.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange move, as was playing every game for Rochdale. Northampton are going really well in league 1,

Not really IMO. He's done National League South & North, he's most recently done two stints in the National League where he's excelled in all of them and played the majority of games. Its about steady progression, a different challenge (perhaps not being 1st choice, higher league, staying sharp whilst not playing etc)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday 16th November

Joe Young made his debut for Buxton, playing 90 minutes & keeping a clean sheet in their 1-0 win away at Chester.

Fabio Silva played 64 mins as Rangers drew 2-2 with FC Copenhagen in a pre season friendly. Rangers are back in 'normal' action this weekend in the Scottish Cup

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday 17th January

Daniel Podence came on for the final 27 mins of normal time, was booked and then played extra time before slotting away his penalty in the shootout. Olympiacos however went on to lose against Panathinaikos in the Greek cup

Thursday 18th January

As per @SuperGran Chiquinho played 68 mins and was booked as Famalicao lost 2-1 at home to Braga. That was Chiquinho’s 13th appearance for Famalicao

Back
Top Bottom