Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan system ...Unfair?

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed that Bham City are trying to secure the loan of Ritchie De Laet from Manu to 'Strengthen their promotion push'.....

If succesful that is three players they have signed on loan in February ...Townsend from Spurs / Norwegian International bloke from Pompey and now a Man U squad player.

With it vital that clubs either retain or gain their place in the prem' ...seems totally unfair that clubs vying for promotion can continue to strengthen outside of the Jan window....and without any commitment if it fails........, but clubs like us scrapping to retain our status have to go with what we have...

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But given that they're not in the same Division we're not being disadvantaged really. It is an anomaly but no more than that.

Reaction score
I personally think the entire loan system is bad, there should be an age and/or number of games cut off for a player to be loanable, say under 23 and with less than 50 senior games played or something.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I'm more exercised by certain loan conditions when a player is loaned to a club in the same division and then unable to play against their parent club. Adebayor not being allowed to play vs City when he's been a key player for Spurs all season etc. .

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday Fulham have signed someone on loan, how can that happen, thought all signings in prem ended 31 Jan:confused:

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the weekend somebody equalised in the 93rd minute against Doncaster who was a loan signing. So on the other hand it's not really fair.

But then again it's an excellent way of players getting some fitness. Look how much good it did kightly at Watford this season for example.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is when clubs loan players who are better than anything they have on an 'emergency loan'

W

we8wba

worst ones are the players who sign in advance but on loan initially after the window

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any free agents (midfielders in particular) that we should be looking at post-Frimpong? (doesn't that sound good - "I fancy some post-Frimpong, anyone game?").

R

RichDavi

Yeah that Mahamadou Diarra might be worth a shot....

....oh wait, $$$$

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A club used to be able to sign players at any time. This was before the loan system existed. Maybe it's time to either revert to that or stick with close season only signings.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loan system stinks, ridiculous that teams can have 5 loanees on the pitch.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When is the loan window? Same as the transfer window?

Reaction score
Robbie Fowler training with Blackpool with a view to signing until the end of the season. He could boost their chances of getting promoted.:eek:

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loan system is unfair, we are getting rid of our better players and making us weaker.

Back
Top Bottom