Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Verdict

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much traore fault as it was Sa's. Maybe even more so.

Still need to make a change with Sa eventually

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabiolous can't be that bad, can he? I'm starting to think he's tanking it on purpose to get sent to another team.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should be arrested for missing a sitter like Cunha did. His little unnecessary leap was criminal.

Reaction score
It "led" to their second goal. It didn't "give" it to them. Unless you let the rest of our team off the hook for standing there like traffic cones while Liverpool ran rings round them. Liverpool won the ball only just inside our half, there was still a lot to do and still opportunities to prevent the goal.

I think when we had that more solid midfield of Neves/Moutinho even Dendonker, one of them would have got in an opponents face and broken it up. We are missing that, midfield started well but due to tiredness (and in my arguable opinion, neither Doyle nor Traore being as good as their hype), and was being bypassed easily anyway. The irony being that in the bad old days, when we'd have been hanging on grimly at 1-1, some fans would be moaning at the keeper for *not* doing the quick throw out to try and win the match!
100% correct

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Releasing the ball early to Neto instead of holding it when we were under huge pressure ( the fact that he made a mess of it bothers me less than the actual decision itself)
But Robertson ran towards our box, passed to Salah and scored from the return without a single Wolves player tracking or challenging him.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back on it the first half was very similar to the Man United game. We sat back, won the ball, then attacked with pace. Mac Allister couldn't protect the defence just like Casemiro couldn't. teg Hag didn't fix it but Klopp did. Klopp is better than ten Hag. Wolves lose both matches anyway.

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
But Robertson ran towards our box, passed to Salah and scored from the return without a single Wolves player tracking or challenging him.

It was a risky gamble by Sa in the 85th minute, to be fair to him if the pass comes off then Neto is through.

However, we still had 9 men back and should have able to defend it.

fleck1

Reaction score
First half as we have shown all season if we press hard, play with pace and take it to the opposition we are a threat and cause anyone problems. Also shown in that time we still can't put chance away and kill a game off. My issue was the second half, we seemed to go in to our shell and just invite pressure on to ourselves, rather than carry on with what was working. The substitutions were negative and just ended with us getting deeper and deeper, until we just crumbled.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a risky gamble by Sa in the 85th minute, to be fair to him if the pass comes off then Neto is through.

Absolutely. Robertson just waltzed whilst our players looked half asleep. If he’d chucked it to a defender then fair enough but we had plenty of men to deal with it.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score

For me Gomes was the main culprit for this he just let Robertson run right behind him and his only motion was to turn and watch.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
For me Gomes was the main culprit for this he just let Robertson run right behind him and his only motion was to turn and watch.
Yes, I said that somewhere. If Semedo had failed to track a runner like that he'd have been crucified, but we all love Gomes, so most of the people I've seen talk about the defending blamed Kilman!

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
One goal was going wide until a deflection

another goal when Dawson is down with a head injury.

Fed up with the attacks on O'Niel here and the comments about JL.
Forget the way the goals were scored. We changed tactics at halftime and so did Liverpool. Liverpool tactics won the game. Our tactics were to go with kick and hope style football. We were dross second half. How can you put up a post like yours. Talking about head in the sand.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
1. Even watching the warm up Sa cant kick at the level of a top GK and its time to move on from him
2. Cunha isnt a striker and as has been the case for 3 years the current manager doesnt have a decent striker to play his system
3. God knows what was said at half time but just dropping off, surrendering posession and dropping the line of engagement to the halfway is absolute suicide against a top team at 1-0.
4. Too many players out of position. Docherty is not a winger
5. Why persist with the formation when you're having to bring players on that dont suit it and neither does the game situation. We seemed to be caught between styles and ended up neither parking the bus, putting the press on or playing for a draw when they got in front level.
Overall 5/10....Jury is still very much out

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Customised highlights available.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how about it was crap defending AND a bad decision fro Sa?
Yes. Bad play all round but it’s wrong to single out Sa in my view who, to be fair, was looking for the counter which is the perfect way to alleviate pressure. It’s just that his ball was rubbish and everyone else appeared to already in the dressing room!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will say in Sa’s defence we all lauded Ruddy for his assist in the promotion season. Yeah it was a **** kick but I get the reasoning, he pulled off a couple of good saves. Now can anyone tell me one good thing Fabio did? It’s harsh but he’s no longer a kid. Neto was absolutely whipping in peaches, even Mike Bassett would have put on Sasa!

dgm6769

Reaction score
I sat and watched it in West Yorkshire with a bunch of Liverpool fans and they were massively impressed with wolves first half...not so much fun being there second half.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole match again just yet, but I wanted to analyze our deflating concession of the second goal in the 85'.

As Sa rushes out to find a streaking Neto up the left side, there are 8 players behind Sa as he attempts his kick at the edge of the box. As far as I could tell, neither Liverpool touches him although they are crowding him. Notice that Gomes (next to Traore) is near the top of the box and never moves more than 10 yards forward.

1695251973990.png
The ball gets no where near Neto as Robertson controls the ball well inside the Wolves half. Note that none of the Wolves players are out of the box and in defensive shape, just Neto and Silva.
1695252360247.png
Robertson then dribbles unimpeded 10-12 yards up the pitch and passes it out wide to Salah. Our midfield is just starting to react, with Traore out the furthest to stop the dribble. Bueno will switch out wide to cover Salah, while Kilman will shift over to either help defend or shut off a pass across the box. While I love him, Gomes is just gassed and is basically walking over to get in position.
1695252903714.png
Inexplicably, Robertson just runs past Traore who basically just lets him go...then past Gomes who half-heartedly jogs after him. Dawson is late to rotate to the danger and Salah feeds Robertson for the easy finish.
1695253066094.png
1695253279074.png
1695253455442.png
From start to finish, what a stupid goal to give up. Terrible, terrible kick by Sa - I mean, not even close. And then the midfield just lets Robertson run right through the heart of the defense, without ever touching him. I can't tell if the CBs have poor rotation here - neither Dawson nor Kilman really sniff out the danger. There's basically no one at the back post so...

I can only surmise that we just had no legs to track the runner at this point (i.e., Gomes). This was the killer, although the first goal is just a comedy of errors in defending - so powderpuff. I can't even force myself to analyze that one.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole match again just yet, but I wanted to analyze our deflating concession of the second goal in the 85'.

As Sa rushes out to find a streaking Neto up the left side, there are 8 players behind Sa as he attempts his kick at the edge of the box. As far as I could tell, neither Liverpool touches him although they are crowding him. Notice that Gomes (next to Traore) is near the top of the box and never moves more than 10 yards forward.

View attachment 37402
The ball gets no where near Neto as Robertson controls the ball well inside the Wolves half. Note that none of the Wolves players are out of the box and in defensive shape, just Neto and Silva.
View attachment 37404
Robertson then dribbles unimpeded 10-12 yards up the pitch and passes it out wide to Salah. Our midfield is just starting to react, with Traore out the furthest to stop the dribble. Bueno will switch out wide to cover Salah, while Kilman will shift over to either help defend or shut off a pass across the box. While I love him, Gomes is just gassed and is basically walking over to get in position.
View attachment 37405
Inexplicably, Robertson just runs past Traore who basically just lets him go...then past Gomes who half-heartedly jogs after him. Dawson is late to rotate to the danger and Salah feeds Robertson for the easy finish.
View attachment 37406
View attachment 37407
View attachment 37408
From start to finish, what a stupid goal to give up. Terrible, terrible kick by Sa - I mean, not even close. And then the midfield just lets Robertson run right through the heart of the defense, without ever touching him. I can't tell if the CBs have poor rotation here - neither Dawson nor Kilman really sniff out the danger. There's basically no one at the back post so...

I can only surmise that we just had no legs to track the runner at this point (i.e., Gomes). This was the killer, although the first goal is just a comedy of errors in defending - so powderpuff. I can't even force myself to analyze that one.
Joke all round -

Not least kilman walking out of defence. You are the captain. Get sprinting out of that box as soon as sa it looking for the early kick.

He’s a lazy captain who always wants to slow things down and take the easy option. If we are 20-30 yards higher up that goal doesn’t happen

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much traore fault as it was Sa's. Maybe even more so.

Still need to make a change with Sa eventually

I just worry that whoever we replace him with will be even worse. It's been the trend of the past few seasons! It's getting to a point where we are becoming a less appealing club to join as every month goes by. Though he does have those erratic mistakes in him, I still think he saves us more often than not and we should be hanging on to him for now.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just worry that whoever we replace him with will be even worse. It's been the trend of the past few seasons! It's getting to a point where we are becoming a less appealing club to join as every month goes by. Though he does have those erratic mistakes in him, I still think he saves us more often than not and we should be hanging on to him for now.
We replaced portugals number one for the guy who floats between 5th and 3rd choice at any time and has never been capped……

Great work scott….. ****ing muppet!

We should have taken Henderson when his fee would have been much less than it is now!!!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 37402
View attachment 37404
View attachment 37405
View attachment 37406
View attachment 37407
View attachment 37408

There was no reason for Traore (who I like) to not track Robertson's run. He hadn't been on for long so surely wasn't 'gassed'.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We replaced portugals number one for the guy who floats between 5th and 3rd choice at any time and has never been capped……

Great work scott….. ****ing muppet!

We should have taken Henderson when his fee would have been much less than it is now!!!

Would Portugals #1 or #2 even consider us now? Would be interested to know what feasable alternatives are out there, who would be keen to join us, in our price range and are inarguably better than Sa.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
There was no reason for Traore (who I like) to not track Robertson's run. He hadn't been on for long so surely wasn't 'gassed'.
I agree. I was shocked with how our midfielders just let him run right into box.

Back
Top Bottom