Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Predictions

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't agree with the decision to suspend in the slightest but the pragmatist in me thinks it will work in our favour

Breaks up the sequence of upcoming difficult games, provides Costa with time to get match fit and gives Bruno a mini pre-season to drill the system with his new squad

He can truly have no complaints after this, hes been begging for time with the team, well now he can drill them before a potential big game in city, if its not city then he has 12 days before the international break with the team.

He should have boubacar up and running and costa fitter plus should be drilled with the team.

If raul is injured or struggling with chronic fatigue they can focus on prep and support for him.

Importantly, nunes/guedes should be more than cemented.

We should have 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 drilled and we should know our best XI

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nobody is telling you to stay at home and mourn, you’re just making things up so you can have a grumble. Why not go out and have some fun with family or friends?

I was going to. At a football match. What the **** is the difference between doing that and going to the boozer or getting a curry then? Why postpone the football but everything else goes on?

'Out of respect for the passing of HRH The Queen, Barry's Laser Tag is shut this weekend'

I mean come off it.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
I was going to. At a football match. What the **** is the difference between doing that and going to the boozer or getting a curry then? Why postpone the football but everything else goes on?

'Out of respect for the passing of HRH The Queen, Barry's Laser Tag is shut this weekend'

I mean come off it.
I don’t know why, I’m just saying that you don’t have to stay in and mourn. Nobody is telling you what you can and can’t do, it is still a free country. You could even organise your own football match to watch if you can find a bunch of people willing to play.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know why, I’m just saying that you don’t have to stay in and mourn. Nobody is telling you what you can and can’t do, it is still a free country. You could even organise your own football match to watch if you can find a bunch of people willing to play.
I’m being told I can’t attend the football tomorrow

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m being told I can’t attend the football tomorrow

Jesus Christ, is it really that big of a deal seriously? Grown men sulking because a game possibly 2 of football has been postponed. You’ve been told the game you wanted to go to tomorrow has been postponed to a later date by the Premier League, if you need a game of football to watch that desperately, go and start one! I thought people would be happy that it gives our new signings time that they wouldn’t have expected to have to get extra training/fitness time in, and lage extra time to drill them into the new system

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Agree right decision out of respect ......also stops the scousers being the victim as usual . Funny they all wanted justice for the 96 but not for an innocent 9 year old girl
Pathetic. There are no lengths or opportunities on this forum that some posters won't use to deride and pour their hate on the city of Liverpool and Liverpool fans. You, using the murder of a 9 year old girl as an excuse to vent your own bile and hatred towards a large group of people is far worse than what you are accusing them of doing. Your words really are pathetic, I feel sorry for you.

Never liked Liverpool FC as they were always top of the league when I was a kid and were followed by loads of glory hunters. However, have nothing against the city of Liverpool and the people. Not only are there often disgusting comments like yours posted on here on a regular basis, but many have already decided and judged and poured scorn on the fans for how they think they would have reacted in a postponed game. Just to make themselves feel a bit more virtuous.

Mourning isn't enough for some, they have to seek out others who they think aren't mourning enough or in the right way, or that may act in ways that they think is inappropriate in order to get that cortisol hit that comes along with the feeling of self-righteousness.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic. There are no lengths or opportunities on this forum that some posters won't use to deride and pour their hate on the city of Liverpool and Liverpool fans. You, using the murder of a 9 year old girl as an excuse to vent your own bile and hatred towards a large group of people is far worse than what you are accusing them of doing. Your words really are pathetic, I feel sorry for you.

Never liked Liverpool FC as they were always top of the league when I was a kid and were followed by loads of glory hunters. However, have nothing against the city of Liverpool and the people. Not only are there often disgusting comments like yours posted on here on a regular basis, but many have already decided and judged and poured scorn on the fans for how they think they would have reacted in a postponed game. Just to make themselves feel a bit more virtuous.

Mourning isn't enough for some, they have to seek out others who they think aren't mourning enough or in the right way, or that may act in ways that they think is inappropriate in order to get that cortisol hit that comes along with the feeling of self-righteousness.
Is this because they have absolutely no recent previous for people to assume this?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, is it really that big of a deal seriously? Grown men sulking because a game possibly 2 of football has been postponed. You’ve been told the game you wanted to go to tomorrow has been postponed to a later date by the Premier League, if you need a game of football to watch that desperately, go and start one! I thought people would be happy that it gives our new signings time that they wouldn’t have expected to have to get extra training/fitness time in, and lage extra time to drill them into the new system
People have just had their plans cancelled at the last minute for no reason? Not about sulking really more about being inconvenienced for no reason.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair, I based my concern on the amount of tweets/comments on Facebook I saw from Liverpool fans stating how they were planning to react at the match. I didn’t assume every Liverpool fan would react that way, I know it wouldn’t be because I work in Liverpool with a fair few who all said they would respect the silence/anthem.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve called off kids football too - how the **** does stopping ten year olds playing football help anyone?
Spot on, can't even play friendlies apparently. So what are the hundreds of thousands of kids going to do now? Go to the cinema, bowling, dragged to the pub with their parents? All activities still going ahead. I do think in these circumstances that organisations have to be seen to be doing the right thing, even if it makes little sense in the grand scheme of things. People can still be respectful and reflective without life's enjoyments being removed.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sulking in the slightest just ****ed off as there is zero reason to cancel the football plus it’s probably the best time to play Liverpool as they’re a bit crap at the moment.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sulking in the slightest just ****ed off as there is zero reason to cancel the football plus it’s probably the best time to play Liverpool as they’re a bit crap at the moment.

Zero reason for you maybe, apparently not to the sporting bodies who’ve made the decision to postpone matches. To be honest I’d rather play them when Costa and Traore are better ingrained into the team and we are as close to full strength as we can be, as I would city.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think it is that at all.
Maybe not but I bet you it came up during the PL meeting this morning. Not just scousers but idiots from other clubs too booing during any silences is a terrible look for the country and the PL brand on the global stage.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what i have seen its just this weekend for football,cricket may follow suit with todays racing rugby and other sports events cancelled
Its a mark of respect and totally expected

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally inappropriate post. You've received a warning for this, and it was very close to a ban. Be very mindful of how you post from here on.

Apologies......not meant to be offensive and of course most Liverpool folk are decent , just drawing comparison between the noise around one event and the apparent veil of silence from those who know due to fears of possible retribution on another . .......wrong thread , wrong time Cant say my bias towards Liverpool is positive though due to personal reasons

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a ****ing joke. And it makes people like me, who were pretty ambivalent about the whole situation anyways, into proper grudge-holders.

'It's very sad, but go to work, pleb, carry on regardless, stiff upper lip. Your weekend?! Oh no, you mustn't enjoy yourselves, stay at home and mourn. But then back to work again on Monday please'

Absolutely insane.
You know it’s a PL decision not a government one?

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You know it’s a PL decision not a government one?

Government issued the advice, 'left it up to' the various sporting bodies to make their choice, but they didn't really have a choice, did they. And as I've said above, the suits at the FA are hardly representative of the working man.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the FA President wasn’t Prince William, then maybe the decision to postpone wouldn’t have been made. However, I believe William would’ve wanted the games to go ahead. So, I just think it’s just old men in suits playing at PR.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Government issued the advice, 'left it up to' the various sporting bodies to make their choice, but they didn't really have a choice, did they. And as I've said above, the suits at the FA are hardly representative of the working man.
Of course they had a choice. They chose to cancel the games. They didn’t have to.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do about next weekend now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what you said there. But as much as I agree with showing some decorum, if you are a republican this is the time for voicing (polite, respectful) dissent. We're transitioning from a monarch who was always dignified and, perhaps partly because she was so young to the throne (and because she also understood her place), was never known for celebrating this or other cause or interest. 'Charles III' is known to be anti-science and, generally speaking, a bit of an idiot; whether one agrees with him or not, his opinions are well known - we now have a monarch who's taken strident positions on important issues.

Liverpool predictions aside, we're at a precipice and the mods on here want us to suck up to our masters. Sorry, not for me. UTW.

Except, with the greatest of respect, you’ve not shown much decorum have you? On the thread started by Mutchy for people to show respect, how many times did you post your annoyance with that thread being on the football side and not the News thread, despite pages of other posters being respectful? I saw your post at least twice, presumably removed by the mods later. I get you’re a Republican and this event must really be getting on your wick, but for some, it’s genuinely emotional. You might not have much time for the Royal Family, and you might not agree with them, but have a little more for the Wolves fans who do.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That sums it up perfectly. PR. All far too many care about nowadays. How will it look? Not what's the actual best and logical decision.

Pathetic.
It’s not though when you look a bit deeper than games off or on. Rugby fans will not boo any anthems or silences or any other tributes; they will be as respectful as possible and the games will be great tributes as a result.

PL games will bring ****ed up, coked up ********* together who will more likely disgrace themselves, their club and the PL as a whole on a global stage.

Of course I wanted the games to go ahead this weekend and I’m gutted they aren’t but I can 100% agree with the reasons why.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It’s not though when you look a bit deeper than games off or on. Rugby fans will not boo any anthems or silences or any other tributes; they will be as respectful as possible and the games will be great tributes as a result.

PL games will bring ****ed up, coked up ********* together who will more likely disgrace themselves, their club and the PL as a whole on a global stage.

Of course I wanted the games to go ahead this weekend and I’m gutted they aren’t but I can 100% agree with the reasons why.
A cap doffing apologist for the middle / upper classes. Whatever we do we mustn't offend Viscount Rothermere and all the Daily Mail readers. Let the nice middle classes enjoy their sport though. Good to see you know your place.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that's a very weak excuse to be honest.

Firstly you're guessing, I can only think Liverpool and Celtic would possibly disrupt. One way around that would be those clubs applauding to drown it out, or not doing it. And if they do, they do. That's on them and they will face the public backlash from certain quarters.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's a very weak excuse to be honest.

Firstly you're guessing, I can only think Liverpool and Celtic would possibly disrupt. One way around that would be those clubs applauding to drown it out, or not doing it. And if they do, they do. That's on them and they will face the public backlash from certain quarters.
I don’t know if it is the excuse but you can see that boos for the Queen from her own “subjects”two days after her death, televised around the world isn’t fantastic and is easily avoided?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That sums it up perfectly. PR. All far too many care about nowadays. How will it look? Not what's the actual best and logical decision.

Pathetic.
Agree. Wolverhampton Sunday League sent an email this morning saying all games would go ahead this weekend. 2 hours later they had to retract and cancel the games due to the FAs PR stunt. Ridiculous.

Bottom line is if an individual feels that they would rather not watch or play football this weekend then fine, that’s their choice, but stopping every game at every level is nonsense.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if they try to do anything on the 1st October, best of luck. To hell with observing a minute silence, the FA had their chance.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if they try to do anything on the 1st October, best of luck. To hell with observing a minute silence, the FA had their chance.
I think that’s the problem now.

It would have been very well respected but now more fans will just be ****ed off

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo whenever football pays its respects to The Queen at whatever level of the game when play is resumed. Anyone who disrespects it will need to hang their head in shame. Mind you there is a lot of pond life floating about in society so I won't hold my breath.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I based my concern on the amount of tweets/comments on Facebook I saw from Liverpool fans stating how they were planning to react at the match. I didn’t assume every Liverpool fan would react that way, I know it wouldn’t be because I work in Liverpool with a fair few who all said they would respect the silence/anthem.
These lot and Celtic being at home has had a lot to do with it i think , wouldn’t think this if it was across the board with all sport ..

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know if it is the excuse but you can see that boos for the Queen from her own “subjects”two days after her death, televised around the world isn’t fantastic and is easily avoided?
Yep wonder what would have happened had Celtic and Liverpool both been away from home

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom