Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool (A) Pre-Match Thread!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Kilman and Saiss injured there is zero chance of our captain being kept off the pitch and Van Dijk won’t be playing.

We wouldn’t have a prayer with Boly, Mosquera and Gomes as a back 3!
We don't want a back 3 anymore

DJW

Reaction score
I find it a bit depressing that we are playing the potential champions and no one, pundits etc, gives us a prayer of getting anything other than hammered. In the recent past we would of been seen as nightmare last fixture for any team in title mix, now we are being talked about like we are Norwich!. Even I am hoping we won't be humiliated like against MCity. Still it's the last time some of these players will play in a Wolves shirt and they deserve support for all the Incredible memories

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it a bit depressing that we are playing the potential champions and no one, pundits etc, gives us a prayer of getting anything other than hammered. In the recent past we would of been seen as nightmare last fixture for any team in title mix, now we are being talked about like we are Norwich!. Even I am hoping we won't be humiliated like against MCity. Still it's the last time some of these players will play in a Wolves shirt and they deserve support for all the Incredible memories
I agree,but with the run of form we have been in its hardly surprising
I really hope the players get themselves up for this and throw one last spanner in the works of the "big boys"
Hope more than expect unfortunately,COYW

MontyR

Reaction score
Mosquera, Boly and Toti for some no nonsense defending. It would make my year if Luis Diaz was through on goal and about to win Liverpool the title, and Mosquera comes sprinting from behind and cleans him out of it. My god he’d go down as a legend.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Correct score betting on Betfair doesn't have much confidence in our water-tight defence. Liverpool are 8/5 to score 4 or more.
Not too many takers for Liverpool 0-3 Wolves at 590/1...

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the ground as we speak. The new stand is mighty impressive. Added bonus that we are stewarding the wolves fans today...

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Mosquera, Boly and Toti for some no nonsense defending. It would make my year if Luis Diaz was through on goal and about to win Liverpool the title, and Mosquera comes sprinting from behind and cleans him out of it. My god he’d go down as a legend.
Understand what you are saying but I don't think that would go down very well in Colombia as Diaz is a Costeño from Barranquilla and Mosquera is a Paisa from Medellin.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quote of day so far on radio 5live: 'And in a bit, we will be interviewing Guardiola, Klopp and Gerrard.....'

God I'd love us to win. It's bad being hated, but being ignored is worse.
Gerrard is doubtless being interviewed because of his past links....

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
As much as I want us to beat Liverpool, this has a defeat all over it especially as Jota money is involved. Hope to be proven wrong.. Neto brace to break Liverpool hearts. Would only love it 2-1

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Where’s everyone drinking?

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28016

IT’S MAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again everybody, for one last time this season we’re ready to support Bruno and the boys on the road.

Tough test today of course, and very very similar to 3 seasons ago when we went to Anfield on the last day, safely tucked away in the top half but with Liverpool needing a win and for City to lose in order to win the league. It didn’t happen for them that day so let’s see what happens.

For us any kind of performance (never mind the result) to finish the season off on a positive would do. It’s been a desperately disappointing few months and feels a real missed opportunity. However, another top half finish is not a disaster by any stretch and probably what we need to be doing at this point.

It could well be the final Wolves appearance for a number of players today, so first off let’s hope they do themselves justice, and secondly I hope they get the send off they deserve from the travelling fans. If you are at Anfield this afternoon, be loud and proud!

Whether you’re following from Liverpool, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Thanks for these posts over the season @JadeWolf I really enjoy them and the inherent message to fans world wide.
Take care and UTW x

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Daughter’s 9th Birthday Party at 4pm today. Mrs Tring has kindly invited the family round.

One of the first times my Wolves-supporting Dad will be in the same house as the man my Mum left him for…

…who is a die hard Liverpool fan.

Going to be a lovely afternoon…

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daughter’s 9th Birthday Party at 4pm today. Mrs Tring has kindly invited the family round.

One of the first times my Wolves-supporting Dad will be in the same house as the man my Mum left him for…

Hope your dad shows up with an old wolves shirt for your daughter, a 9 and bull on the back, and walks in singing "fight,fight..."
Could be an interesting afternoon for you.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as I want us to beat Liverpool, this has a defeat all over it especially as Jota money is involved. Hope to be proven wrong.. Neto brace to break Liverpool hearts. Would only love it 2-1
what's Jota money got to do with it?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope your dad shows up with an old wolves shirt for your daughter, a 9 and bull on the back, and walks in singing "fight,fight..."
Could be an interesting afternoon for you.
"interesting" surely.....

Seriously, if your missus knows the backstory then this doesn't seem the cleverest move ever....

Sun, beer, past history and an important football match.... what could possibly go wrong....

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Liverpool score tell ya dad to put one on the end of his beek. Can see news now. ‘Violence erupts at Birthday party for 9yr old girl over footy on TV’ Man in a gold shirt last seen chasing a man with a red shirt down street. Haha.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true, but a good story.

A visiting supporter arrives at Anfield and as he gets out of his car a little scally says " Look after your car mister."

Reply " No it's okay I have a big dog in the back seat."

Scallys reply, "Can it put out fires?"

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will also be keeping an eye on the Leicester and Brighton games. Their results could cost us two league positions if we lose, and around four million pounds in prize money.

Great to be involved in a critical game on the last day.

Back
Top Bottom