Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1653201838869.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again everybody, for one last time this season we’re ready to support Bruno and the boys on the road.

Tough test today of course, and very very similar to 3 seasons ago when we went to Anfield on the last day, safely tucked away in the top half but with Liverpool needing a win and for City to lose in order to win the league. It didn’t happen for them that day so let’s see what happens.

For us any kind of performance (never mind the result) to finish the season off on a positive would do. It’s been a desperately disappointing few months and feels a real missed opportunity. However, another top half finish is not a disaster by any stretch and probably what we need to be doing at this point.

It could well be the final Wolves appearance for a number of players today, so first off let’s hope they do themselves justice, and secondly I hope they get the send off they deserve from the travelling fans. If you are at Anfield this afternoon, be loud and proud!

Whether you’re following from Liverpool, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited, looking forward to that Jota bonus coming in. Just hope Villa can do us a favour!

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool have 4-5 first teamers injured apparently

Last edited:

dennison11

Reaction score

Has Liverpool winning 6-0. Got a feeling we will give them a better game than most people think. A lot of our players will hopefully have a point to prove

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be lovely, and fitting, to see a Neves goal today. If ever if was to end up being a meaningful one would give a small bit of joy in what’s been an awful couple months.

It won’t happen, but oh the irony if Villa held City, and Liverpool were winning at Anfield by a single goal, and Neves were to plant one in the top corner from outside the box. Just how long do we think VAR would spend looking for a reason to disallow it!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just plyboarding the windows up for when our last min winner robs Liverpool of the league. Haha.

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope we put on a good performance in front of the millions watching on TV and show what we are capable of.

Sky Sports predicting a 6-0 victory for the Scousers who no doubt will be starting without half of their usual starting 11.

No pressure on us so a 2-1 victory with Ruben getting the winner in the 120th minute :) from 30 yards.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anywhere good for away fans in the city centre?
Will probably head over to that Spoons by Goodison closer to kick off.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Bruno keeps Coady off the pitch , and neves plays just in front of the back four , pinging it 50 yards over vandicks head...then neves MAY stay
1 0 wolves..Neto

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win or lose, I hope we find some inner Atletico from somewhere today and make things as unpleasant as possible. Remind them at every opportunity that no matter what they do they've lost the league (because there's going to be no Gerrard fairytale, City will win their game). Sneer, taunt, kick, make sure they feel as crap as they can come the final whistle. Nothing passive or respectful, just have some ****ing teeth.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Wolves forever!
Whatever the result today !
Supporting this club has always been a roller coaster ride.
Top 10 finish despite the the drop off in performances.
Hopefully we will get things sorted in the close season .
As for the Premier league title ...I couldn't give a toss who wins it.
WOLVES AND ONLY WOLVES.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Bruno keeps Coady off the pitch , and neves plays just in front of the back four , pinging it 50 yards over vandicks head...then neves MAY stay
1 0 wolves..Neto
With Kilman and Saiss injured there is zero chance of our captain being kept off the pitch and Van Dijk won’t be playing.

We wouldn’t have a prayer with Boly, Mosquera and Gomes as a back 3!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual with a trip to Anfield the train has loads of plebs in Liverpool shirts on it, no scouse accents though. I’d rather we were in league 2 than be like this, ****ers.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play at the top of our game (which TBF we have hardly done at all this season), we could surprise them. What we need is City to score a couple in the first 10 minutes and basically make the Liverpool game a dead rubber. Just don't let's lose 5-0.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Won't make any difference!

Wolves ONLY Wolves!
I hope I'm wrong but I fear you are right! We are all over the place at the moment - our recent performances suggest we will de well to leave Anfield with a little dignity. :)

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual with a trip to Anfield the train has loads of plebs in Liverpool shirts on it, no scouse accents though. I’d rather we were in league 2 than be like this, ****ers.
I increasingly feel that that. Not saying I want relegation or near-collapse of the club, but those 'meh' seasons in the Chump followed by the one when we stormed it, well, that I really enjoyed.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To those going...would you sell your ticket to a scouser? £50/£100/£150??? Or not at any price?

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think they'll smash us as badly as Citeh did, but realistically I can't see anything other than defeat. Even with the vague hope of a rusty Podence (which would still be a million times better than the shiniest of Hwangs) we couldn't score in a brothel ATM, what's gonna change?

Wolves 0 - Liverpool > 0

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate when they won the fa Cup the other week , Sunday morning in sainsburys there were loads of plastic fans with their Liverpool shirts on.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBF I am sat in my Liverpool garden spouting a Wolves accent.
Not for long though it looks like it’s gonna **** down in South Liverpool. Hope the City stays sunny for you all.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets just hope for a decent performance for what is surely a farewell game for a lot of our squad
They have been brilliant over the last 4/5 seasons for us,giving us many memorable moments,i wish them all well whatever happens
Its easy to forget the good things when the season tails off how it has,but they have all performed at the highest level for many games in the toughest league on earth, something a few years back i thought i may never see again in my lifetime
For those that stay lets push on next season with a renewed passion
For those we say farewell to,thank you all, and all the best for what is to come

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets just hope for a decent performance for what is surely a farewell game for a lot of our squad
They have been brilliant over the last 4/5 seasons for us,giving us many memorable moments,i wish them all well whatever happens
Its easy to forget the good things when the season tails off how it has,but they have all performed at the highest level for many games in the toughest league on earth, something a few years back i thought i may never see again in my lifetime
For those that stay lets push on next season with a renewed passion
For those we say farewell to,thank you all, and all the best for what is to come
Great post.

Back
Top Bottom