Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liquidator return?!

Should the liquidator return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Just getting fans to sing would be a start!! In the North Bank Upper it is very quiet, more energy in moaning than supporting!! I could deal with that if they put some effort into sing as well as moaning!! What is the bottom of the North Bank like? I can't see down there to know.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've blown my mind there. I don't ever remember us actually playing I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside, but if we did are you actually saying it's a better tune than The Liquidator?

Sorry I have misled you your right we never played it we just used to sing it. In the early seventees the end finished with when the brass band plays '**** off West brom' - '**** off West brom' - **** off West brom'... this was repeated in a retort between two groups of fans in the North bank about three or four times.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Happy Wanderer was a worthy bit of nostalgia by Jack but showed just how dated he and we were in those days. Speaking of which, why on earth do we sing a pretty irrelevant Mary Hopkin 1970s song (written by scouser McCartney) which is constantly looking back to when we WERE a top team ... in the 50s!!??

We used to have songs about US - not the opposition. We had songs for Phil Parkes, Peter Knowles, Hughie McIlmoyle, John Richards, The Doog, Waggy and of course later Steve Bull and co. We briefly nicked a few from other clubs (just like Liverpool nicked 'You'll Never Walk Alone' from Celtic - who adopted it as THEIR anthem first) and changed a few words to fit our players.

We recently had one for Hwang, and of course Moutinho and Neves. But mostly we are restricted to just chanting sometimes name: 'Neto, Neto, Neto, Neto....' Not very imaginative.

AND WHY do we always sing things too fast for anyone to hear the words (see 'Those were the days'...) and just peter out pathetically rather than rising to a crescendo of noise?? Surely the Club could help here? Other clubs allow drum beaters, trumpeters... Couldn't we at least give a helping hand...?
Small point of order sir, those were the days was in fact not written by McCartney, he saw Mary Hopkin on Opportunity knocks and he recommended the song to her, I think it was an American songwriter

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Small point of order sir, those were the days was in fact not written by McCartney, he saw Mary Hopkin on Opportunity knocks and he recommended the song to her, I think it was an American songwriter
Well after writing this I decided to google
Although the song was credited to Eugene Raskin , it was written by Boris Fomin in 1924

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Have to find these things out....
Apparently Russian tune by Boris Fomin with English lyrics by American Gene Raskin.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to find these things out....
Apparently Russian tune by Boris Fomin with English lyrics by American Gene Raskin.

Just looked myself aye google great :tearsofjoy:

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I miss the rave-tastic tunes of the early FOSUN prem era. I thought they'd be giving out glow sticks by the end.

Would love if they play 20 seconds before the drop on some like this. Get the atmosphere pump for the game

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extolling the virtues of Hip hop as the most innovative format of music and suggesting House of Pain Jump around :confused:
Well I was trying to appeal to those of an age so may well know jump around. I’m fairly sure you’re average wolves fan isn’t listening to a lot of DoJa Cat

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well seeing that’s a genre that’s barely made it past the UK I’d dispute that massively
Tell Andy c that... lol

Almost all poplar music started its roots at the bloc partys in the mid to late 70,s as kids moved away from disco and started experimenting with new sounds, new york hip hop chicago house music and detroit techno all evolved around the same time, by the 1980,s it was main stream and each movement has evolved to what we have now. I was big into rap in the mid 80,s even saw public enemy at the hummingbird circa 1988, but acid house soon took over which was a mix of the detroit and chicago scenes, almost all popular music in every nightclub in the present day is derived from that scene.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell Andy c that... lol

Almost all poplar music started its roots at the bloc partys in the mid to late 70,s as kids moved away from disco and started experimenting with new sounds, new york hip hop chicago house music and detroit techno all evolved around the same time, by the 1980,s it was main stream and each movement has evolved to what we have now. I was big into rap in the mid 80,s even saw public enemy at the hummingbird circa 1988, but acid house soon took over which was a mix of the detroit and chicago scenes, almost all popular music in every nightclub in the present day is derived from that scene.
I know all this, but it’s not really relevant to your original point is it?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted Yes but changed my mind, should remain in the history of our support, time to move on.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted Yes but changed my mind, should remain in the history of our support, time to move on.
Should add was a major dance classic in my youth over 50 years ago, time to bury it

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Tell me you’re over 50 without telling me you’re over 50…………… hip hop is the most innovative genre of music in half a century
It may well be innovative in a way.

I’ve worked at a young offenders and now a high security adult prison and know first hand how some of the violent and anti social innovative lyrics and artists influence young people.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may well be innovative in a way.

I’ve worked at a young offenders and now a high security adult prison and know first hand how some of the violent and anti social innovative lyrics and artists influence young people.
For nearly a century genres of “new music” has been blamed for the breakdown of youth society

30’s and 40s it was the blues
50s Rock n Roll
70s Punk
90s Hip Hop

That’s without chucking in death metal, Rave scene etc.

It’s just a lazy way to blame disenchanted youths normally from impoverished backgrounds for anything and everything

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a self-admitted ManUre "fan"....
I have seen Goldie at a wolves game. One of the BCD games when we played them 5 times in a season, he was at the play off home game. Bizarrely drinking in the spoons with some wolves fans of a similar age.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen Goldie at a wolves game. One of the BCD games when we played them 5 times in a season, he was at the play off home game. Bizarrely drinking in the spoons with some wolves fans of a similar age.
Interesting. See:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chap I used to go to school with was big mates with Goldie back in the 80s, late 80s.....they used to do the graffiti together.....was for ever getting in trouble.....it was graffiti that original took Goldie to the USA.....me mate stopped at home but still does Graffiti to this day....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chap I used to go to school with was big mates with Goldie back in the 80s, late 80s.....they used to do the graffiti together.....was for ever getting in trouble.....it was graffiti that original took Goldie to the USA.....me mate stopped at home but still does Graffiti to this day....
Mid 90s there was a youth culture programme called “The Passenger” on channel 4 (my memory might play tricks on me but I think it was on straight after the Word) Was a whole episode about Goldie they went to LA and saw some of his old artwork but they also drove round Wolverhampton and found a lot of his graffiti from back in the day was still up.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looked myself aye google great :tearsofjoy:
It's kind of great, the big issue is once you Google something, you get bombarded with ads. I was driving the other day and saw this car I hadn't seen before, a Cadillac Lyriq, so I googled it (like you do), now I'm getting test drive invitations, and Cadillac ads pop up at random times.

Back
Top Bottom