Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liquidator return?!

Should the liquidator return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should it happen?? It’s important we get an updated consensus on this matter. Whilst the sparrow heads down the road are now allowed to play it..

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would ordinarily have said yes, and it would undoubtedly improve the atmosphere. I just feel that with other clubs now playing it, we should look at something unique to us. What that is I’m not sure about.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I would ordinarily have said yes, and it would undoubtedly improve the atmosphere. I just feel that with other clubs now playing it, we should look at something unique to us. What that is I’m not sure about.
Only trouble is getting something new and unique off the ground. Liquidator would have an instant impact.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
For those not around at the time, or have forgotten I'll set the scene.

People running, walking fast from the pub / car before kick off, nobody wants to miss it.

Those stuck in a queue at the turnstiles at Kl. 14:50 are getting agitated, we can't miss this.

The team emerge, and so it comes, those 1st few bars of the tune.....it's about to happen. Genuine anticipation, of the kind that you know something good is about to happen.

And then it starts. A collective energy of all the home supporters inside Molineux comes togther. We need these 3 points, this is helping. The noise generated is such that sadly has not been heared much since we last played the Liquidator. Genuinely.

The song ends....and THAT roar. We are ready. We have set the tone.

I don't think I have exzagerated it. It was that good.

It can be the same again. It could be even better.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those not around at the time, or have forgotten I'll set the scene.

People running, walking fast from the pub / car before kick off, nobody wants to miss it.

Those stuck in a queue at the turnstiles at Kl. 14:50 are getting agitated, we can't miss this.

The team emerge, and so it comes, those 1st few bars of the tune.....it's about to happen. Genuine anticipation, of the kind that you know something good is about to happen.

And then it starts. A collective energy of all the home supporters inside Molineux comes togther. We need these 3 points, this is helping. The noise generated is such that sadly has not been heared much since we last heared it.

The song ends....and THAT roar. We are ready. We have set the tone.

I don't think I have exzagerated it. It was that good.

It can be the same again. It could be even better.

That is exactly how it was!! Memories flooding back

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
That is exactly how it was!! Memories flooding back
We need to waken everybodies memories about this.

Those of us who were around at that time, we have a resposibility to get this moving.

Yes. It was that good.

Sheffield Wednesday home. FA Cup 4th round replay 1995. If you know, you know.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to waken everybodies memories about this.

Those of us who were around at that time, we have a resposibility to get this moving.

Yes. It was that good.

Sheffield Wednesday home. FA Cup 4th round replay 1995. If you know, you know.
And that’s the reason I would bring it back. That night was a brilliant atmosphere - started right before kick off.
In that match, in that atmosphere, I think it was Kevin Pressman scored one of the best penalties I’ve ever seen!

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I thought they had always been allowed? I always put it down to someone high up in the local police having a certain affiliation.
I don't think there has ever been a genuine push for it's return.

We have accepted too easily that it is not coming back.

This must change now, we should all demand this.

We need it.

We owe it to this present and next generation of fans to experience what we did.

It was unique to us, and can be again.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Other clubs always did play it at the same time as us. But they didn't use it as well as we did. Not even close.

It was still unique to us. So unique that it became a cultural experience.

This is the problem - people are giving up too easily because of reasons that are totally irrelevant.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other clubs always did play it at the same time as us. But they didn't use it as well as we did. Not even close.

It was still unique to us. So unique that it became a cultural experience.

This is the problem - people are giving up too easily because of reasons that are totally irrelevant.
It’s time we get a petition and hand it to the club. They can’t allow other clubs to play it but not Wolves it’s not the 1980s anymore

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
It’s time we get a petition and hand it to the club. They can’t allow other clubs to play it but not Wolves it’s not the 1980s anymore
Exactly.

We need fan channels, podcasts etc. to get this going. I know Dazzling, I'll have a word.

Wolves fans - we are truly remarkable and resourceful people. Let's get this done!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there has ever been a genuine push for it's return.

We have accepted too easily that it is not coming back.

This must change now, we should all demand this.

We need it.

We owe it to this present and next generation of fans to experience what we did.

It was unique to us, and can be again.
You see that at the Bridge.... We own that tune there lol....

Kenny Hibbitt is my hero

Reaction score
Problem is that this is effectively endorsing the singing of an expletive. And there’s no way you won’t have at least a few thousand singing the extra line.

It’s fine for the FA to pay thousands to the ******s in the middle of the park who each week make thousands shout out “**** Off” but as much as I have loads of nostalgia for the song and would love it back, it just ain’t happening

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves said years ago when they stopped playing it , something like it was not conducive to a family atmosphere they were trying to promote.
We can whinge about it all we like, I can’t see it being played.
what about if someone got a speaker bar into the ground lol

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
As if proof were ever needed - Northampton away League Cup when Mick was in charge. In the ground all of a sudden the opening bars played over the tannoy Wolves fans swaying and then the ears splitting cacophony of sound when the chorus line was reached. The cobblers fans didn't know what was going on - our players were lifted and i think we won 4-0.

However, I don't expect it back any time soon - unfortunately.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves said years ago when they stopped playing it , something like it was not conducive to a family atmosphere they were trying to promote.
We can whinge about it all we like, I can’t see it being played.
This is true and is why it won’t be brought back. I love the Liquidator really got you up for the game but sadly football has changed and the amount of kids in attendance these days makes it uncomfortable for most parents. It’s a shame but I think it’s just something we’ll have to accept is history.

Back
Top Bottom