Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Line up vs. Bristol Rovers??

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
Who would you pick in the starting XI in the league cup?

There could be a few debuts I suspect, given injuries/knocks etc.

Some obvious ones like Norris, Deslandes, Bennett, Price, Marshall, Bright, Ronan, possibly Donovan Wilson ....

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
slightly left field, but rest 1st team and game time for rest & U23's

Norris,
Bennett, Marshall*, Deslandes
Ronan, Price, Prince***, Douglas
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

* Marshall could be another Coady in this role
** N'Diaye did okay for 10 mins on Saturday, so worth a longer try, as we not play with out & out striker, but a hold ball up CF
***..but if no Prince, then Wilson as CF and N'Diaye in midfield

Subs:- Burgoyne, Wilson, ...then take pick in form U23's on bench v Soton, and/or any 1st teamers fit to play

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

** N'Diaye did okay for 10 mins on Saturday, so worth a longer try, as we not play with out & out striker, but a hold ball up CF

Subs:- Burgoyne, Wilson, ...then take pick in form U23's on bench v Soton, and/or any 1st teamers fit to play

o_Oo_Oo_O*

* If that's the starting lineup, I'll eat my scarf.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris
Bennett Batth (Capt) Deslandes
Marshall Price N'Diaye Douglas (if fit on for 60 minutes)
Bright Zyro Ronan

Subs: Burgoyne, Johnson, Prince (?) or Herc, Goncalves, Wilson, Armstrong

Batth, Marshall, N'Diaye and Douglas offering the first team backbone, Bright and Ronan fireworks up front. Zyro hopefully taking another step forward and getting a goal. Would prefer Ronan in central midfield but can do a job on the wing.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

I don't think so

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
Norris,
Bennett, Coady, Batth
Marshall, Price, N'diaye, Deslandes
Bright Zyro Ronan

That is based on not knowing who is definitely fit to play.

If Hause & Douglas are both fit to start i would bring them in for Coady & Batth, moving Deslandes into the back 3.
Hoping to see Costa on the bench and come on for the last 15 minutes as well but not sure how likely that will be.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Start with:

Norris
Bennett Batth Deslandes/Hause?/Boly?
Marshall N'Diaye Ronan Douglas?/Deslandes
Eno Zyro Wilson

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris

Bennett
Hause (if fit)
Deslandes

Douglas (if fit)
Marshall

Price
Ronan

Enobakhare
Zyro
Wilson

No disrespect to Bristol Rovers who are not to be taken lightly, that XI should be good enough to get a win if they really are fighting to get in the first team. Set them the challenge!

L

Lord Neves

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

Sorry but can you explain the whole marshall at centre back thing? doesn't look a good tackler to me, not exaclty oozing stamina and i rarely see him make a tackle? thought he was more of a crossing winger?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

Jesus Christ!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As explained...not my first choice, and was to rest all those started Saturday...hence the "left field" tag, and hence unlikely, but would like to see it work or fail...logic?....try out other options....i.e..Marshall was a right back at some stage, also a midfielder...as was Coady, and apart Saiss, we got no cover for Coady as a sweeper.....Prince only if Nuno looking at, if not NDiaye and Wilson up front.

Agree there to be shot at, but be nice if the shooters put their own team out there for review, rather than shoot and duck for cover.

But hey ho.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Big questions for me are cover for Doherty at right wing-back and Bonatini at centre forward.

With that in mind...

Norris
Bennett, Batth, Hause/Deslandes/Miranda
Marshall, Price, N'Diaye, Douglas/Deslandes
Ronan
Bright, Zyro

Burgoyne, Coady, Goncalves, Armstrong, Wilson, Cavaleiro, Saiss

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

Blimey! You started drinkin early didn't you?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
agree we should rest players and give starts to some othe squad not getting regular 1st team football, but I'd like to see a strong subs bench so we have options if things don't go to plan

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd go with a strong team. Yes rest a few who may need it (Cav for one) but otherwise, we should be looking to continue our progress in the competition and keep our momentum going ahead of Saturday. Unlike the Southampton tie which was on a Wednesday and on the South coast, this game is at home and on a Tuesday which will allow for more recovery time ahead of Saturday's game.

My pick:

Norris
Coady Batth Miranda
Marshall Saiss N'Diaye Deslandes
Bright Bonatini Costa

If Bonatini is still suffering from his knock at Forest then Wilson or Zyro could play there.

SUBS: Ruddy, Bennett, Doherty, Neves, Price, Jota, Cavaleiro

Prediction:

Norris
Coady Bennett Miranda
Doherty Saiss N'Diaye Deslandes
Bright Zyro Costa

I'm guessing Vinagre might be rested. I'd say the same for Doherty but Nuno doesn't seem to view Marshall as a RWB so I don't know who else could play there. Up top, Bright could be centre forward instead of right forward with Zyro swapping with him.

I've believed for a few weeks now that we will see Costa return tomorrow, hopefully it will be from the start but it could be from the bench.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I can see one heck of a subs bench .....

Ruddy, Neves, Jota, Cav, Saiss, (Helder?)

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
As explained...not my first choice, and was to rest all those started Saturday...hence the "left field" tag, and hence unlikely, but would like to see it work or fail...logic?....try out other options....i.e..Marshall was a right back at some stage, also a midfielder...as was Coady, and apart Saiss, we got no cover for Coady as a sweeper.....Prince only if Nuno looking at, if not NDiaye and Wilson up front.

Agree there to be shot at, but be nice if the shooters put their own team out there for review, rather than shoot and duck for cover.

But hey ho.
N'Diaye up front and Marshall at CB- mate are you ****ed?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris

Bennett
Batth
Deslandes

Marshall
N'Diaye
Price
Vinagre

Bright
Wilson
Ronan

Can't see Neves or Jota being on the bench. Nor Helder. Likes of Miranda, Doherty, Saiss, Cavaleiro, Zyro perhaps.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fit the GK and back three pick themselves.
Norris, Bennett, Batth/Hause, Deslandes
The two wing backs less so, Douglas LWB but RWB maybe Marshall
Bright, Price, N,diaye, Ronan
Zyro

It really depends who is fit, i think Nuno will want to rest as many as he can, and at the same time, this game will give us an idea how close Hause, Costa, Douglas, are to returning, if on the bench then obviously they are close, if not then they must still be some weeks away.

E

Essex Wolf

With so many injuries right now with Bonatini and Vinagre joining what seems an ever growing list tomorrows game is the perfect chance for fringe players or hose returning from injuries to try and make their mark. As such I'm really hoping to see Zyron get a god run out as I believe he has a great deal to offer.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donovan Wilson and Oskar Burr left out of u23 squad for tonights game.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might see something like this.....

Norris

Bennett____N'Diaye____Hause

Marshall________________________Deslandes

Price____Ronan

Bright___________Cavaleiro
Wilson
Subs: Burgoyne, Johnson, Saiss, Douglas, Goncalves, Zyro, Costa

With a good run out for Douglas, Zyro and Costa from the bench!

Not sure Nuno sees Marshall as a wing-back though, although it may be he hasn't played him there because he's not fit enough just yet.

E

Essex Wolf

Is Hause ready to return yet? I didn't think he was but if he is then this is the sort of game to give him a run out.

T

that bloke there

No surprise about Wilson being in contention, of course. Very interesting if Burr is going to be in the first team squad already though.

E

Essex Wolf

Bennett, Hause and Douglas are not fit.
Any idea what's wrong with Bennett. He's hardly played that much yet been out a bit now? Also Douglas was discussed a bit yesterday. Could be an issue in his own mind as such from what was being said?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bennett, Hause and Douglas not in a position to get minutes, and presuming Boly is still out then positions at the back are likely to be similar to the 1st team and more changes going forward

I'll go with:

Norris

Batth
Coady
Miranda

Marshall
Deslandes

Price
N'Daiye

Costa (thrown in ala Marshall in the last round)
Ronan
Bright

Subs Burgoyne; Johnson; Burr; Goncalves; Wilson; Zyro; Cav

Reaction score
Any idea what's wrong with Bennett. He's hardly played that much yet been out a bit now? Also Douglas was discussed a bit yesterday. Could be an issue in his own mind as such from what was being said?

Not sure on the extent of Bennett's injury. Douglas is back soon. Neither will be starting tomorrow for certain!

I read that on here about Douglas too - absolutely no truth in it.

Reaction score
With Bennett, Hause and Douglas not in a position to get minutes, and presuming Boly is still out then positions at the back are likely to be similar to the 1st team and more changes going forward

I'll go with:

Norris

Batth
Coady
Miranda

Marshall
Deslandes

Price
N'Daiye

Costa (thrown in ala Marshall in the last round)
Ronan
Bright

Subs Burgoyne; Johnson; Burr; Goncalves; Wilson; Zyro; Cav

Connor Johnson is on loan at Telford (and currently suspended). Goncalves is playing tonight for the U23 team, I understand this doesn't rule him out, but find it unlikely.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Norris,
Bright, N'Diaye**, Zyro

Err thankfully Nuno is in charge!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concerning that Hause is still not ready. What is going on with him? No one seems to know what Bennett's injury is either. Where is Gibbs White? Douglas had a minor knock that has now turned into weeks out. I am a worrier but it is becoming concerning that injuries to our players seem to take an eternity to clear up.
Beginning to think Dr Clueless is back in town!

J

jasmith

Do we really think Marshall is gonna have the fitness to play RWB? Looks to have struggled so far since returning

Back
Top Bottom