Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Line up for Everton

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched that against Gillingham think a few of the subs should be starting this game... What i'd go with:

---------------------------Sa---------------------------
-Semedo------Collins------------Kilman--------Bueno-
---------------Neves------------Nunes----------------
-Traore----------------Jimenez---------------Ait-Nouri-
-----------------------Hwang--------------------------

Subs: Sarkic, Toti, Lembikisa, Ronan, Hodge, Moutinho, Guedes, Podence, Costa,

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched that against Gillingham think a few of the subs should be starting this game... What i'd go with:

---------------------------Sa---------------------------
-Semedo------Collins------------Kilman--------Bueno-
---------------Neves------------Nunes----------------
-Traore----------------Jimenez---------------Ait-Nouri-
-----------------------Hwang--------------------------

Subs: Sarkic, Toti, Lembikisa, Ronan, Hodge, Moutinho, Guedes, Podence, Costa,
Not a bad one and understand why to ensure podence ain't near the team

Think it will be

Sa
Semedo(unfortunately) Collins kilman Bueno
Neves nunes moutinho (I'd choose Hodge)
Traore Jimenez (if fit for 90) hwang

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Don’t think Raul is fit enough to start. I actually think a midfield three would work much better away at Goodison than it did tonight against a side who just parked the bus. Would love that three to include Boubacar but in his absence, would actually consider Ait-Nouri in there as somebody who can go past a player (it will be Moutinho who I’m also fine with).

Biggest question is obviously the forward players. As frustrating as Podence was tonight, I’d probably start him as he does have a goal in him. And Hwang has probably shown enough in his cameo tonight and at the World Cup to warrant a start.

Adama, Raul and Guedes ready on the hour.

Cunha and others can’t arrive fast enough.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno
Nunes, Neves, Boubacar/RAN
Podence, Costa, Hwang

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Neves Nunes Moutinho
Traore Costa Podence

Subs Sarkic RAN Toti Lembikisa Hodge Traore Guedes Raul Hwang

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My pick:

Sa
Semedo (nobody else unfortunately)
Collins
Kilman
Bueno
Neves
B Traore (if fit)
Nunes
A Traore
Raul
Hwang

Traore and Nunes would give us some much needed dynamism in midfield and yes, I would give Raul a go up top from the start. Yet to see what Costa offers.

What I think we'll see:

Sa
Semedo
Collins
Kilman
Bueno
Neves
Moutinho
Nunes
Traore
Costa
Podence

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone with four at the back,despite the fCats that it doesn´t work?
That is one strange choice IMO.We need to maximise our potential for points from now on..especially given we are last in the table..so of course it has to be five at the back for me.

Sa
Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Toti-Bueno
Neves-Nunez
Adama Costa Hwang

Everton away will be a completely different prospect than Gillingham at home.
We won´t dominate midfield against any team(Forest included)in the Premier League.
We are absolutely desperate for points,and five at the back is a must for me.
We will concede otherwise,and since we will remain a lowscoring team our ability for defence must be a strong as possible.
Kilman for example looked pretty awful yesterday,and Collins ain´t no worldbeater this point in time anyways.
You add the very disappointing Semedo to the mix and I once again ask why you think we will get away with four at the back at Goodison Park?
We most probably won´t.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Lembikisa Collins Kilman Bueno
Neves
Hodge (Boubacar, if fit) Nunes

Raul
Costa. Hwang

Or

Sa
Collins Toti. Kilman
Traore. Neves. Nunes. Bueno
Raul Costa Hwang

Not sure that I would even bother having Guedes and Semedo on the bench tbh!

W

WasStefan

Sa
Nunes Neves Traore
Hwang Cunha Podence

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think Raul is fit enough to start. I actually think a midfield three would work much better away at Goodison than it did tonight against a side who just parked the bus. Would love that three to include Boubacar but in his absence, would actually consider Ait-Nouri in there as somebody who can go past a player (it will be Moutinho who I’m also fine with).

Biggest question is obviously the forward players. As frustrating as Podence was tonight, I’d probably start him as he does have a goal in him. And Hwang has probably shown enough in his cameo tonight and at the World Cup to warrant a start.

Adama, Raul and Guedes ready on the hour.

Cunha and others can’t arrive fast enough.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno
Nunes, Neves, Boubacar/RAN
Podence, Costa, Hwang

With the personnel we have already and the players we are bringing in, I wonder if at some stage we will see a midfield diamond for away games where we are expecting a physical battle. It's actually not too different from a 4-3-3, but just sees the front 3 set up slightly differently and currently, most of our fit forward players would maybe operate better more centrally with more support around them.

Both Nunes and Boubacar have the legs and power to operate as those outside central midfielders, shuttling up and down and side to side. Boubacar is fast becoming a key player for me, for certain games at least.

Both formations leave the option to go 2 up top and Adama and Ait Nouri to come on as wider midfield players/wingers later in a game if we are in need of a goal, as we saw last night. Good to see Lopetegui using the tools he has available correctly!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sa
Nunes Neves Traore
Hwang Cunha Podence
Well definitely not Cunha!

We did seem to get the WC Hwang back though, not the one we sent. Raul looked a lot more like it. RAN and Adama as wingers in a 442 looked more plausible than I'd have thought (albeit against bottom of L2).

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the personnel we have already and the players we are bringing in, I wonder if at some stage we will see a midfield diamond for away games where we are expecting a physical battle. It's actually not too different from a 4-3-3, but just sees the front 3 set up slightly differently and currently, most of our fit forward players would maybe operate better more centrally with more support around them.

Both Nunes and Boubacar have the legs and power to operate as those outside central midfielders, shuttling up and down and side to side. Boubacar is fast becoming a key player for me, for certain games at least.

Both formations leave the option to go 2 up top and Adama and Ait Nouri to come on as wider midfield players/wingers later in a game if we are in need of a goal, as we saw last night. Good to see Lopetegui using the tools he has available correctly!
Agreed, hence my option 1 formation in post #17, although it probably was t clear that was what I meant.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 words I never thought I'd hear strung together a few weeks ago.
Oh, I agree re Hwang however:
1. I think Lage played him out of position as a wide left player rather than a second striker
2. I think the WC has done wonders for his confidence
3. I don’t rate Podence; I don’t think Guedes has shown anything to convince me he is worth the fee we paid; Costa is still struggling to get up to speed

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I get as far as right back and want to slit my wrists, I can't imagine how Julen is feeling....roll on the transfer window

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, all out of whack with the WC just happening and it’s not even xmas yet hahaha. Replace with Raul
I’d agree with that line up.

I do think Raul will start against Everton as well. Alternative is Costa who has contributed zero since he came and may not get a look in at all when Cunha signs.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect us to start 433.
But this might be an interesting option, which you could call 4231.

Sa
Semado Collins killman Bueno
Adama Neves Nunes RAN
Guedes
Costa

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-4-****ing-2.
None of this 4-2-3-1 with Raul as a number 10 Zidane style.
4-4-2 with Raul playing number 10 Bergkamp style.
Cunha can be our Thierry Henry when he comes. For now Hee Chan Hwang has many similarities with Henry; they both have loads of H's in their name.
Traore right. Ait-Nouri left ...
ahhhh **** it i should actually write out the team.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Collins Bueno
Traore Neves Nunes Ait-Nouri
Raul Hwang

Which ain't great but will have to do for now

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely lopetegui can see our back 4 is weak!? If he plays a 4 at everton and something very similar to the formations of Evans, Bruno and nuno with the midfield and attack then I have serious questions about who picks the formation for us.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Surely lopetegui can see our back 4 is weak!? If he plays a 4 at everton and something very similar to the formations of Evans, Bruno and nuno with the midfield and attack then I have serious questions about who picks the formation for us.
Well it's worth noting that he may well have had some input into the last league line up. Also playing Cadiz. So my suspicion is that he may see us as using 433 against weaker opposition and 532 against stronger teams. Not sure what that would mean for Everton away though.

Back
Top Bottom